+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Momof4

Jan 21, 2020
We just got a request for a police certificate from the USA :( I was hoping that since my husband had been living here for over six months, they wouldn't need one from his country. We need to have the police check to CIC by February 20th, but what if it takes a long time for the FBI to get to the request? Where do we have to go to get fingerprints done? Google hasn't been super helpful.

If you go online apply with FBI pay fee and print receipt then go get finger prints done some can submit electronically .mine we had to fex ex over night got email results within a week

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
If you go online apply with FBI pay fee and print receipt then go get finger prints done some can submit electronically .mine we had to fex ex over night got email results within a week
Nice, thanks for help clarifying. I just popped over to the RCMP detachment in town and asked them, and we have a fingerprinting appointment for February 4th (soonest they had available). Sounded like we'll have to mail the prints, but the CIC website says the FBI takes around 3-5 business days to return an electronic police check, so I think we'll manage to get it in, albeit a little under the wire. I wish they would give six weeks for the process to account for wait times at detachments. :(

Momof4

Jan 21, 2020
Depending where u are here in Vancouver I went to globe finger printing no apt nwwsws in and out all same day

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Morning guys!

My background check started over a week ago and have a ghost update this morning. No messages asking for additional info/fingerprints. Anyone know what this means?

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Weird how some of the September applications already have BGC's started. Still waiting on mine from the August lot but I'm doing it through a lawyer so maybe she hasn't told me yet ha!

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Just to follow up on the message I posted this morning regarding the ghost update, I called CIC and they confirmed that the ghost update is my biometrics request letter. Should be receiving it in the mail in the next few days!

YYCBoy

Jan 23, 2020
Just to follow up on the message I posted this morning regarding the ghost update, I called CIC and they confirmed that the ghost update is my biometrics request letter. Should be receiving it in the mail in the next few days!
I thought biometrics weren't required for inland applications?

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought we August applicants wont have to do biometrics ?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
How do you notice a Ghost update?
When you check your CIC account and your application says "Application updated". But when you check it, nothing has virtually changed.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
I thought we August applicants wont have to do biometrics ?
I thought that too. One CIC agent mentioned that we apparently were still "exempted". But who knows anymore? :confused:

I thought biometrics weren't required for inland applications?
It wasn't required for applicants prior to Dec.3'19. But it's CIC, they can literally ask for anything and us not having a say about it. o_O

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought that too. One CIC agent mentioned that we apparently were still "exempted". But who knows anymore? :confused:

It wasn't required for applicants prior to Dec.3'19. But it's CIC, they can literally ask for anything and us not having a say about it. o_O
That is right :(
on ours it doesn't even say "background checks started" and yet they asked for more documents about my spouse education.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
That is right :(
on ours it doesn't even say "background checks started" and yet they asked for more documents about my spouse education.
Really??? wow, there really is no way of telling with CIC. Who knows what the update is really all about.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Guys,

I was going through this thread to understand what all documents should I send for Spouse PR + OWP.

For OWP, some of you have mentioned :

IMM 5556 - CHECKLIST
IMM 5710

But I can see some of you mention about some barcode form in OWP.... I cannot find any ... can some one pls help if I am missing out on any form other than the above two.

Also, my husband is on closed work permit which will end in june. I can apply for OWP along with Spouse PR ?