+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Guys,

I was going through this thread to understand what all documents should I send for Spouse PR + OWP.

For OWP, some of you have mentioned :

IMM 5556 - CHECKLIST
IMM 5710

But I can see some of you mention about some barcode form in OWP.... I cannot find any ... can some one pls help if I am missing out on any form other than the above two.

Also, my husband is on closed work permit which will end in june. I can apply for OWP along with Spouse PR ?
The barcode generates when you fill out IMM 5710 and then validate it.

You can apply for OWP along with spousal PR as long as you are applying Inland.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
The barcode generates when you fill out IMM 5710 and then validate it.

You can apply for OWP along with spousal PR as long as you are applying Inland.
Thank you for the reply! In OWP IMM 5710 what option should we select for question 3 -

-Apply for a work permit with the same employer
-Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
-Restore my status as a worker
-Get a new temporary resident permit

since my husband is already on close work permit, still will "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" be applicable to our case

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Thank you for the reply! In OWP IMM 5710 what option should we select for question 3 -

-Apply for a work permit with the same employer
-Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
-Restore my status as a worker
-Get a new temporary resident permit

since my husband is already on close work permit, still will "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" be applicable to our case
Yes that is still the option you would check off

Reactions: Tech_girl123

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Yes that is still the option you would check off
Thanks .. also in each form do we have to do handwritten and digital signature or its just mandate for IMM 5669 ?

My husband has digitally signed IMM 5669 and he will sign it. Rest we thought we will sign with a pen than digital signature.. is that okay?

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Thanks .. also in each form do we have to do handwritten and digital signature or its just mandate for IMM 5669 ?

My husband has digitally signed IMM 5669 and he will sign it. Rest we thought we will sign with a pen than digital signature.. is that okay?
Yes IMM 5669 is the only form that requires a digital AND handwritten signature. The other forms all require handwritten signatures. The last page of the checklist details what signatures are needed.

Reactions: Tech_girl123

Lime06

Jan 10, 2019
A few days ago we got a request to provide more details on my wife`s work history and education including her Supervising professor and name of her publications.
I am confused because her PR application is based on sponsorship and not on her education.
Anybody had that before?
Do you have any idea why they requested it?
Can we please see the requested letter to get a better idea?
When did your background check started?

Jan 27, 2020
Hi eveyone,

This is my online status from IRCC. Common law - Inland application
  1. We received ******** application for permanent residence on August 26, 2019.
  2. We sent ******** medical instructions on December 15, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Nothing in the new year. I did my medical within a week. I have sent in OWP and it will be processed once my sponsorship application is in principal (my status has run out). I can't work or go to school .... I'm losing my mind .... Any similar PAs?!

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi eveyone,

2. We sent ******** medical instructions on December 15, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Nothing in the new year. I did my medical within a week. I have sent in OWP and it will be processed once my sponsorship application is in principal (my status has run out). I can't work or go to school .... I'm losing my mind .... Any similar PAs?!
I sent my OWP application off with my PR application so already have it, but we're on a similar time frame.

My application was received August 21st and my medical was passed 25th December. Nothing else since that so I guess just waiting on the background check to start.

Reactions: SpectreGhostRep
Jan 27, 2020
My cousin married an American woman and she got her PR card after only 5 months ... anyone know how long the background check will take?!

smellingland

Dec 12, 2019
Did anyone else get a ghost update today?

Just logged into GCKey and saw that my application was "updated". Wondering what the significance of the ghost update is.

Reactions: Elk-hunter

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have any idea why they requested it?
Can we please see the requested letter to get a better idea?
When did your background check started?
We have no idea why it was requested.
Funny thing is that it didn't show background checks started.
Request came in early January, background checks started showed up yest 1 day ago.

smellingland

Dec 12, 2019
Received: Aug 13
AOR: Sep 20
OWP received: Jan 13 (was delayed due to insufficient fees, even though I had paid the right amount)
Medical passed: Dec 31

Background check not mentioned in ECAS, but GCKey says that they are working on my background check. No additional documents requested so far.

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Hi eveyone,

We are very similar - ours was received two days after yours. Medical is done and passed and background check just started about a week ago.

Reactions: SpectreGhostRep