+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
$250 all in in Ottawa - no issues at all.

July applicants got the Medical Pass in about 10 days since submitted, so I guess we'll see similar results in 10 days.....or due to Christmas Holiday it'll bleed into early 2020.
Im sept 20 applicant, are they gonna issue the medical during the end of dec or no? Or it will come in early of new year ??

Roxy c

Apr 19, 2019
Hi All Me and my fiance applied for common law sponsorship visa in July 30th 2019 from Calgary, Alberta. AOR September 10th OWP received October 10th Medical request November 23rd Medical done December 10th. Just wandering if anybody knows how to upload the document from the doctor? They said they will send the results to immigration but i can upload it on my account so they can see I went to do my medical today. Thank you in advance and good luck to you all!!!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T
Well, hubs got his medical exam request a few days ago. He has an appointment this Thursday to have it done. $400 at the clinic here in Alberta, and then another $470 at the hospital for chest x-rays and such There’s only one doctor in town that does them unfortunately. He is going to see if he can get a health card to cover the hospital tests, but we’re not sure if they’ll give him one without PR first. Hopefully no one else has to pay as much as we do!
hats what we got told for grande prairie as well
so wrong :(

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My Wife got her medical request December 7 :)
Our Baby is due on 28 th of December.
How are we complying with the 30 days?
She can do the medicals without the xray the panel physician will send the results with a note to the IRCC about the XRAY (which will be done later). If she decides to do the Xray, its normally not bad from at 2nd trimester (your wife is on 3rd); The panel physician will advice you more about this, and during the xray they normally put a double or triple shield to protect the baby. Its also a good idea to talk to her own doctor before going (the one that you have been seeing during the pregnancy).

Reactions: Elk-hunter

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Well, hubs got his medical exam request a few days ago. He has an appointment this Thursday to have it done. $400 at the clinic here in Alberta, and then another $470 at the hospital for chest x-rays and such There’s only one doctor in town that does them unfortunately. He is going to see if he can get a health card to cover the hospital tests, but we’re not sure if they’ll give him one without PR first. Hopefully no one else has to pay as much as we do!
I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. It was much much cheaper. About Alberta health, it does not cover the cost of immigration medical exams

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi All Me and my fiance applied for common law sponsorship visa in July 30th 2019 from Calgary, Alberta. AOR September 10th OWP received October 10th Medical request November 23rd Medical done December 10th. Just wandering if anybody knows how to upload the document from the doctor? They said they will send the results to immigration but i can upload it on my account so they can see I went to do my medical today. Thank you in advance and good luck to you all!!!
It is to be sent in by the panel doctor. If they have e services, you can expect to see medical passed soon. If they don't it will take time.

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Kinda ticked off now

Apparently they added in biometrics as a requirement for applications WITHIN Canada, me and my partner were late to doing open work permit and now have to pay the $85 additional for this on top of the $100+155 for the OWP, serves me right I guess from delaying but also disappointing we have to pay more now. This was as of Dec 3, 2019 ( last week)

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Kinda ticked off now

Apparently they added in biometrics as a requirement for applications WITHIN Canada, me and my partner were late to doing open work permit and now have to pay the $85 additional for this on top of the $100+155 for the OWP, serves me right I guess from delaying but also disappointing we have to pay more now. This was as of Dec 3, 2019 ( last week)

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html
I think it depends on country? When I clicked on "find out of you need biometrics" and selected USA for passport code, it said not required.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
As of December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
If you receive a biometrics instruction letter, you can give your biometrics at a designated Service Canada location. This applies even if your application is being processed overseas. Make sure you follow all the steps to give your biometrics, including paying the biometrics fee, when you apply. Find out if you need to give biometrics.
Unfortunate timing - but I knew stuff like this would happen, making all the more paranoid to include an extra $100 or $200 in the payment. Worth it to avoid another insufficient funds letter, if they refund you in the end.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kinda ticked off now

I don't think they have Bio Metric Locations inside Canada yet

smellingland

Dec 12, 2019
Does anyone know if we will need to give biometrics? We applied in August and didn't include the biometrics fee as it was not necessary to give biometrics in August. Now that this has changed as of Dec 3, I wonder if we will experience a delay due to missing fees. There's no information on CIC's website what happens to ongoing applications that reclassify as biometrics-needed due to the new Dec 3 rule.

EDIT: Talked to CIC. The agent said that all applications received before Dec 3 are still exempt from biometrics.

Last edited:

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
T

hats what we got told for grande prairie as well
so wrong :(
It's so obscenely expensive and so much work... he went today, got the medical exam done, $400. We also had to bring four photographs because the doctor here is not on the eMedical system. Then they sent him to the hospital for x-rays and bloodwork and gave him an invoice (I think for $470). And the doctor at the hospital there wanted $20 in cash to fill out some paperwork on top of that. Then he had to wait for the x-rays to develop, and bring those back to the clinic the doctor is at. Thank goodness we have a car, I can't imagine someone having to do all that on public transit! Unreal, IRCC should enforce caps on the cost of these exams. Almost $1000 for everything.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's so obscenely expensive and so much work... he went today, got the medical exam done, $400. We also had to bring four photographs because the doctor here is not on the eMedical system. Then they sent him to the hospital for x-rays and bloodwork and gave him an invoice (I think for $470). And the doctor at the hospital there wanted $20 in cash to fill out some paperwork on top of that. Then he had to wait for the x-rays to develop, and bring those back to the clinic the doctor is at. Thank goodness we have a car, I can't imagine someone having to do all that on public transit! Unreal, IRCC should enforce caps on the cost of these exams. Almost $1000 for everything.
Yes its so not right.
And my Wife has 2 Children, I assume they charge the same for them as well