+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
"Received citizenship test invitation for 1st week of june. But I am out of country. It will be much difficult to travel in such short notice in this COVID time. "

That's what one dude said on the Facebook group. So test invitations are not for a 3 weeks period anymore and are rather for just 1 week period?
AFAIK, test window is 21 days. You get the notification in your new dashboard about a week and half in advance (approximately).

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
"Received citizenship test invitation for 1st week of june. But I am out of country. It will be much difficult to travel in such short notice in this COVID time. "

That's what one dude said on the Facebook group. So test invitations are not for a 3 weeks period anymore and are rather for just 1 week period?
It could be that it will start in 1st week and open for 21 days may be.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
no. they are not on paper. first thing they do is to upload the system with them.
very disappointing.

I have a feeling that they consider 3 years of PR too short to apply for citizenship. so they just pretend they need one year and a half of processing.
that is crazy too long time to process something. 1.5 years is silly too much. and for us applicants of August 2019. it might be worst.

very disappointing!
I’m well aware this is a old post , but the Government shortened the time that is required for citizenship. Keep that in mind

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
What's the difference in the story? If you can explain what you see in the notes and on the dashboard, may be we can provide some insights.

Most recent GCMS says Prohibtions not started , fancy dashboard says Prohibtion in progress.
Physical presence "In progess" since the Mesozoic era.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Most recent GCMS says Prohibtions not started , fancy dashboard says Prohibtion in progress.
Physical presence "In progess" since the Mesozoic era.
Don't worry about what the the GCMS notes say about "Prohibitions", "Language", "Knowledge" and "Physical Presence". These 4 statuses will be set to "Complete" only AFTER you take the test and the test results are verified. For people who are invited to an interview, the 3/4 aforementioned statuses will be set to "Complete" only after the interview. "Knowledge" will be set to "Complete" after the test results are verified before the interview.

I don't think there is an "In-Progress" status in GCMS notes. It is either Not started or Completed, I guess.

Same applies to the status in the dashboard. There is no "Knowledge" status in dashboard but you have "Citizenship Test" instead of "Knowledge". Both mean the same thing.

I posted details from my GCMS notes here. You might want to take a look at that post. People ordering notes should also pay attention to what the "Location" section says. Take a look at the post and you might get a better understanding of what to look for in your notes.

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Don't worry about what the the GCMS notes say about "Prohibitions", "Language", "Knowledge" and "Physical Presence". These 4 statuses will be set to "Complete" only AFTER you take the test and the test results are verified. For people who are invited to an interview, the 3/4 aforementioned statuses will be set to "Complete" only after the interview. "Knowledge" will be set to "Complete" after the test results are verified before the interview.

I don't think there is an "In-Progress" status in GCMS notes. It is either Not started or Completed, I guess.

Same applies to the status in the dashboard. There is no "Knowledge" status in dashboard but you have "Citizenship Test" instead of "Knowledge". Both mean the same thing.

I posted details from my GCMS notes here. You might want to take a look at that post. People ordering notes should also pay attention to what the "Location" section says. Take a look at the post and you might get a better understanding of what to look for in your notes.
I did my test in Jan 2020 and passed it followed by an in person interview . On my Gcms notes it mentions Residence :"In Progress" launguage and knowledge passed. Prohibtion not started. location is registry , reason TFR clearances.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I did my test in Jan 2020 and passed it followed by an in person interview . On my Gcms notes it mentions Residence :"In Progress" launguage and knowledge passed. Prohibtion not started. location is registry , reason TFR clearances.
You mean Jan 2021?

Yeah, location is set to "Registry". Based on accounts on this forum, "Registry" means your file is either currently sitting not being worked on by an officer OR currently parked as the officers are waiting on some clearance/review/approval etc.

Based on what you posted, your application processing is pending "TFR Clearances". Despite searching for a while, I was NOT able to find out what "TFR clearance". Transfer Clearance? Not sure.

Does it say anything after TFR? Like TFR - Admissibility or TFR - Eligibility?

However, I do see some posts about "TFR Eligibility" status. Check this post. The "Status History" portion of the GCMS notes are now being completely redacted by IRCC for some reason but it used to show up in the notes before.

Just curious, did you claim time for physical presence as a Temporary resident of Canada (student / worker etc)?

Since your "Residence" is "In Progress", may be they are further checking if you have actually resided in Canada for the time you have claimed in your physical presence calculator. This might be one of those random Quality Assurance cases where they tend to send a Residency Questionnaire to applicants to check physical presence.

AFAIK, you'll receive a test invite AFTER the "Location" changes from "Registry" to "Test Ready".

I am not sure what TFR clearance exactly means. If you somehow get to know what it means, please post an update.

Thank you!

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
You mean Jan 2021?

Yeah, location is set to "Registry". Based on accounts on this forum, "Registry" means your file is either currently sitting not being worked on by an officer OR currently parked as the officers are waiting on some clearance/review/approval etc.

Based on what you posted, your application processing is pending "TFR Clearances". Despite searching for a while, I was NOT able to find out what "TFR clearance". Transfer Clearance? Not sure.

However, I do see some posts about "TFR Eligibility" status. Check this post. The "Status History" portion of the GCMS notes are now being completely redacted by IRCC for some reason but it used to show up in the notes before.

Just curious, did you claim time for physical presence as a Temporary resident of Canada (student / worker etc)?

Since your "Residence" is "In Progress", may be they are further checking if you have actually resided in Canada for the time you have claimed in your physical presence calculator. This might be one of those random Quality Assurance cases where they tend to send a Residency Questionnaire to applicants to check physical presence.

AFAIK, you'll receive a test invite AFTER the "Location" changes from "Registry" to "Test Ready".

I am not sure what TFR clearance exactly means. If you somehow get to know what it means, please post an update.

Thank you!
No i mean Jan 2020. Im an August 2019 applicant but my file officially started processing in Nov 2019 according to their system. I tried searching alot about TFR CLEARANCES (Transfer Clearances) and have the same conclusion as you. But here what I observed. Your security/criminality check has a validity date i think of 1 year , since the processing time has been over 1 year it could be a possibilty that they transfered my file back to the registry to get another clearance from rcmp/csis.

Yes , i did claim my time as a temporary foreign worker. They never sent me any questionairre , i have provided them with every detail including visa stamps and very precise dates. Did not leave a single gap between my dates . They never even sent me any FP request.

Also why would you request notes from CBSA and CSIS. Does it help ? someone mentioned on the forum requesting notes from CSIS shakes them abit.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
No i mean Jan 2020. Im an August 2019 applicant but my file officially started processing in Nov 2019 according to their system. I tried searching alot about TFL CLEARANCES and have the same conclusion as you. But here what I observed. Your security/criminality check has a validity date i think of 1 year , since the processing time has been over 1 year it could be a possibilty that they transfered my file back to the registry to get another clearance from rcmp/csis.

Yes , i did claim my time as a temporary foreign worker. They never sent me any questionairre , i have provided them with every detail including visa stamps and very precise dates. Did not leave a single gap between my dates .

Also why would request notes from CBSA and CSIS. Does it help ? someone mentioned on the forum requesting notes from CSIS shakes them abit.
Criminality clearance is valid for 1 year. Security clearance is valid for 4 years. Here's the source. Look under the "Clearances" section towards the bottom of the page.

What might have happened here is that CSIS might have had to initiate deeper checks for some reason. May be there was someone who was a person of interest or in a wanted list with a name/DOB/appearance similar to yours or you were a victim of some "random deep security checks". Security checks are done by CSIS (CBSA also shares some responsibility here as they investigate and clear you of crimes like crimes against humanity, war crimes etc).

Or it might be that they, for some reason, are looking much deeper into your physical presence as a temporary and a permanent resident. Can't be sure.

What is the current status of your criminality? Were you ever asked to submit fingerprints? Criminality clearance expires in 1 year. Criminality clearance is provided by RCMP.

Your case is taking very long. Try ordering GCMS notes from both CBSA and CSIS. Be very specific in your request - Say something like "Please provide all relevant information including the electronic notes of the officers pertaining to my citizenship application".

I'm surprised you haven't tried this already. I'm not sure whether this will speed up the application or not but you might at least get to know *something* about what's going on with that application of yours.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Criminality clearance has a validity date of 1 year. Security clearance has a validity date of 4 years. Here's the source. Look under the "Clearances" section towards the bottom of the page.

What might have happened here is that CSIS might have had to initiate deeper checks for some reason. May be there was someone who was a person of interest or in a wanted list with a name/DOB/appearance similar to yours or you were a victim of some "random deep security checks". Security checks are done by CSIS (CBSA also shares some responsibility here as they investigate and clear you of crimes like crimes against humanity, war crimes etc).

What is the current status of your criminality? Were you ever asked to submit fingerprints? Criminality clearance expires in 1 year. Criminality clearance is provided by RCMP.

Your case is taking very long. Try ordering GCMS notes from both CBSA and CSIS. I'm surprised you haven't tried this already. I'm not sure whether this will speed up the application or not but you might at least get to know *something* about what's going on with that application of yours.
Well then probably my criminality expired . It was last updated 16-12-2019. Never requested me for finger prints.

They can go deeper and even check my DNA they wont find anything lol CSIS is a joke . They go on deeper with people who have not done anything while people with real concern just go through under their nose. I have not requested do not think i need to. GCMS probably provides you with everything

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well then probably my criminality expired . It was last updated 16-12-2019. Never requested me for finger prints.

They can go deeper and even check my DNA they wont find anything lol CSIS is a joke . They go on deeper with people who have not done anything while people with real concern just go through under their nose. I have not requested do not think i need to. GCMS probably provides you with everything
I'm sorry man I can't even begin to understand how frustrated you must be.

I sincerely hope you see some progress on your application soon.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I'm sorry man I can't even begin to understand how frustrated you must be.

I sincerely hope you see some progress on your application soon.
im thinking to withdraw and apply for Australian immigration and use my talent somewhere else. Canada is becoming a joke. I came in 2009 lived here for 10 years + never been into trouble. how many clearances do they need lol but thanks. They did the same with me when I applied for PR , put my app in quality assurance. big time ***** . A refugee comes and gets his canadian citizenship in 6 months while i wait years and then they call themselves Champions of fair justice system. BS

Reactions: Anford