+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
Any idea on how long does it if your file is approved and transferred to local VO, (Etobicoke, Toronto in my case) ?

nextlevelife

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
I doubt they work on Saturday, but I do know that there could be a delay that can be as long as 24 hours, so those Saturday updates/correspondences may have been sent on Friday but they only reached those applicants' accounts on the following day.
ohk ohk ... make sense , thank you

Reactions: baltzly

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
But you still have a couple of days left in your progress bar right? so you may count on those remaining days:)
Yes, I am really counting on them :). Some days are very hard, like yesterday. I think for me it means a lot because Canada is the country I choose, I feel like we are such a great match for each other. I'll be crushed if they don't choose me too...soon. It is not really about the quality of life or money for me. I can live like a queen in my home country. But I love how liberal and open their policies are. A country where everyone's rights are respected (within reason of course) is a country I want to be in and serve.

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Since you are not under SS/RR, you will get PPR very soon:) and then you can begin to enjoy Canada!

I'm now "resetting" my mind and my expectations to make them in line with the long wait I'm likely to experience...
I'll come find you when I arrive Canada. They didn't give you any time estimate at all?

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Sure, I can visit you in Atlantic Canada if you finally decide to settle down there:)

I called them and they said there is no new estimated completion date, so it can be anywhere between tomorrow and a very remote time. What pissed me off is that their reply to my webform was simply "Our call center agent has already answered your question last week", so it seemed they verified my record and found that I called them before raising the webform.
Wow, sometimes their replies are not kind. Some of the agents should have more empathy. Heck, a lot can change in a week for all you know.

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I hope their agents don't see us as some parasites that plan to deplete their welfare system.. You are right. Some of them have more empathy than others and I was unlucky to encounter an unempathetic one. That being said, I already knew even a kind and friendly agent would still not be able to give me more information, because they don't seem to have lots of information on SS.
Well, more power to you. Some day the waiting would end :)

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
You know I'm refraining from thinking about quick PPR now as I don't want my hope to be dashed again by another long period of wait, so It may be better to set expectations low and then enjoy the feeling of surprise if that day comes earlier than I think:)
That's a very good point! I should try that...but I can't haha.

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Heck, some people in November even got it! Best we can do is stay busy and hope we get it in that 6-months.

Where are you planning to settle? I have a hot job prospect from the company I worked with in the US, it will be remote but I don't know if they would want me in their office in Toronto. If I can choose, I'm thinking somewhere in NL, Calgary, or Halifax.
For me nothing yet decided.. Since we got nomination from Saskechwan we will first try there ...Currently i am in US too...