+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
It is indeed encouraging to see things are moving, but each of us has a unique case and others' timelines may not be too useful...

Only 5 days left and no update whatsoever.
It sucks bro but i hope you’ll get an update soon, have you got any GUs at least like when you passed eligibility or when your SS was initiated?

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey my friend

I saw two ghost updates last year and they were later confirmed as the indicators of eligibility started and security started.

I’m currently watching for any ghost update, but there hasn’t been any so far.

what is your situation now?
These Ghost Updates when we miss them will it stay until we login or we cannot see them after some days?
My situation is still the same, I am out of status now so applied for restoration last week, If i get an update on my PR at least by the end of February I can withdraw that application

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
I guess they remain there. I’ve been logging in on a daily basis, so I’m not 100% sure.

what will happen to you if there is no update by the end of next month?
Processing time for restoration of work permit is 3months so I am thinking for mine to process it’ll take at least until the end of April, hopefully i will get my PR by then.
If I get PR by the end of February I can withdraw my work permit application before they begin to process it

Last edited:

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
My situation is that I recently graduated from university. My study permit expires at the end of March, so I will have to apply for Post Graduation Work Permit if my application is still pending by then.
You will get your PR by march for sure, in any case you are in a very good spot.
So, if I am not wrong you applied for PR with your experience from back home through FSWP right?
Where are you located in Canada?

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
You are right. I’m a FSW inland applicant and my work experience is gained overseas.
I’m currently residing in Winnipeg and have graduated from the university of Manitoba.

I’ve see some SS cases finalized within 5-6 months recently but that doesn’t mean my case Will also fall into this timeframe, that’s why I earlier said we all have unique cases and we cannot assume our cases will be concluded within a certain time window simply because we see others’ applications approved within that time.

It’s a very disappointing situation and words cannot describe my sorrow.
Bro, Its funny when you say that, don’t take me wrong but their is no reason for you to be sorrow or be disappointed because you can just apply for PGWP if you don’t get your PR by March, after that even if your SS takes another 6 more months to process(which I don’t think will happen) you will still not have any problem whatsoever, you can find a job and keep working.
There are so many people here who are in a real bad situation waiting for there PR to be processed soon and I don’t think you are in any position to feel disappointed or anything

Last edited:

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I'm not getting you wrong and I understand what you mean:) You mean that some people are in urgent need of PR in order to maintain their legal status in Canada and I don't have such a need. You are right. My disappointment is caused by two things: 1 I have seen people waiting for 18-20 months because their SS is never concluded. Although there is no sign that mine is going to take that long, I'm still worried about this possibility. 2, My job prospects, plan to purchase a property and perhaps relocate to another city are all attached to this PR application. Nothing can move ahead without knowing that I can permanently stay in this country. I know others are facing even more serious issues, but that doesn't make me feel better..I sincerely hope nobody endures this kind of hardship.

Let's see how things evolve in the next few weeks or months:) I will call them next Monday as I will hit the 6-month mark this Sunday.
Let us know how the call goes, am also planning to call them next week.
Last time agent shared absolutely no details :(

Reactions: baltzly