+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

AB127

Aug 14, 2019
Recently, most applicants tend to believe that when the call center agent or GCMS notes say security is not started, then it is indeed not started. In the past, lots of people were inclined to believe that security may be in progress secretly in the background.

The English friend who posted his comments 2 days ago said the call center agent told him/her that the file was in a queue to be sent for security checks, so it is highly likely that there is a big backlog and they have to put new cases on hold until they manage to clear at least part of their backlog.
I understand the HUGE volume of applications they see, however the secrecy is incredibly frustrating. Why can’t they just tell you when security has started, etc? What benefit does that serve?

I just can’t understand a backlog when someone from December AOR gets PPR - I mean that’s barely over a month! How can that be?

Rant over :p

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I understand the HUGE volume of applications they see, however the secrecy is incredibly frustrating. Why can’t they just tell you when security has started, etc? What benefit does that serve?

I just can’t understand a backlog when someone from December AOR gets PPR - I mean that’s barely over a month! How can that be?

Rant over :p
I think its so dependent on where your file ends up. The person from December may have been outland from a country where they don't get many applicants so as soon as it goes to the LVO it will get processed straight away. If you are outland from a country who deals with a high number of PR applicants then the LVO will be busy and take longer. There is a lot of us who are inland applicants, I'm guessing the biggest percentage of applicants. I don't think Sydney visa office can cope with the volume of applicants they have.

Reactions: baltzly

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Finally some good news....Just kidding :p, but someone with eAOR Dec 9 2019 just got his/her PPR (FSW stream)
I saw it on immitracker. I believe the NOC also influences it. This particular case the NOC is Software Engineer.
I've seen many cases with record timeline is IT related. I mean, not all IT related has a speedy process, but a lot of those approved in less than 3 months are IT related.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoug86 and oxiz3n

mike2989

Jan 7, 2020
Just called IRCC and below are the updates:
VO - ND
AOR- 23 aug 2019
MEP - 9 sep 2019
biometrics - 12 sep 2019
Eligibility - not started
Criminality - passed
Security - not started
Background Check: In process
Estimated time as per portal: 23 Feb 2020; 5 months already down; it shows 30 days remaining!

The agent mentioned that since my eligibility is not yet started, it would take at least 2-3 months once it is started and the deadline is likely to get exceed.

Can someone please confirm if this is normal for Delhi VO and can I expect PPR within the estimated timeline?
VO - New Delhi
AOR - 24th August
Medical - 10th sept
Biometrics - 23rd Sept

Rest all in progress ——

we called IRCC and they asked us to contact local VO for any updates. We raised a web form to Delhi office 2 weeks ago and no response. Going by what you have been told an additional 2-3 months is a nightmare full of anxiety. They should really have some means to stick to the processing timeline.

Do keep me posted here if you hear something positive/ any update.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Only 7 days left in my account. Definitely feeling hopeless.
Since My eAOR is Aug 2, I will be one of the first August folks who will hit that due date without any result.
All the best, you never know, you could very well receive an update on the day itself. Will you be calling the hotline again, after the due date?

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Hey my friend

You are really a night owl! It is the middle of the night in beautiful Singapore:)

Thank you for cheering me up. I think we are all fooled by their 6 month processing time. It is just a very general estimation. It is never a promise, nor is it legally binding.

I will be calling them on Feb 3, which is the first Monday after my due date (next Sunday). Nevertheless, I highly doubt they will give me any valuable information.

Have you ordered your notes?
Hahahah, you're right about that, it's 3am+ here in SG.

We are all in the same boat, people here are going through the same thing, we can understand the frustrations each are facing because of this process. Honestly, this place is a great support system for like-minded individuals.

I will be ordering notes this week! I've been procrastinating, I know :oops: It's a hit and miss when you call after the 3 Feb, hopefully you'll get an agent willing to share something informative with you. When will your next set of notes arrive?

zoug86

Jan 20, 2018
Victoria, BC, Canada
I think its so dependent on where your file ends up. The person from December may have been outland from a country where they don't get many applicants so as soon as it goes to the LVO it will get processed straight away. If you are outland from a country who deals with a high number of PR applicants then the LVO will be busy and take longer. There is a lot of us who are inland applicants, I'm guessing the biggest percentage of applicants. I don't think Sydney visa office can cope with the volume of applicants they have.
So following your logic, if a person with eAOR October 2019 and VO in Ottawa, they shouldn't be getting PPRs right now, is that correct? giving that a lot of applicants with eAOR way before that and also with VO in Ottawa, are still waiting or stuck in the queue. But, if you have a look at myimmitracker, you would see people getting their PPRs in Ottawa with eAOR in September, October and even November...Whatever IRCC is doing is just magic and needs special powers to uncover this enigma haha

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys!

My completion date is February 13th, and I feel like I'm getting a panic attack as that date draws nearer for fear of a delayed process.

I got my GCMS notes, and my eligibility requires review per the notes released on the 21st of December. The intake agent made an issue with my proof of funds. They only counted the funds in my check-in it seems, and ignored the ones in my bank savings and investment account. They did mention that the case manager should review the other funds though. The notes also show that security check hasn't started. Criminality and medical are passed.

Regarding my funds, I have moved all my Canada financial support monies to my investment account, to save them from my shopaholic tendencies. And they total about $12,800 USD. I can move money and spend money from the account in an unrestricted manner, and the financial institution noted this is a letter. Should I send them a webform with this updated info, of my monies all in one institution? Note, they have not requested any further info for my finances or proof of funds. For all I know, they have already reviewed it. But the online portal status still says they are reviewing my eligibility....

And please what number are you guys calling to speak to someone?

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
I have been to SG many times and I do know that people in SG tend to stay up late :)

Do you still recall me saying earlier that when I called 3 weeks ago, the agent said I may get a result at the end of this month? I really have no idea what prompted her to say that. I once suspected that she could see a due date on my file which I cannot see in my account, but then my hope faded away quickly as I reminded myself to be realistic and any take that as a good wish from that nice agent...

Be sure to order CBSA notes. That will tell you what is happening to your security as well.
Perhaps the agent was indeed telling the truth! I've seen people here get a GU on the 6 month mark itself followed by PPR a day later. Feeling anxious for you too as the 6th Feb is drawing really soon.

I thought of ordering both gcms and cbsa as gcms notes should arrive faster if there is no delay right?

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
So following your logic, if a person with eAOR October 2019 and VO in Ottawa, they shouldn't be getting PPRs right now, is that correct? giving that a lot of applicants with eAOR way before that and also with VO in Ottawa, are still waiting or stuck in the queue. But, if you have a look at myimmitracker, you would see people getting their PPRs in Ottawa with eAOR in September, October and even November...Whatever IRCC is doing is just magic and needs special powers to uncover this enigma haha
Yeah it's ridiculous that some people can get PPR in one month but others have to wait 2 years :rolleyes:

Reactions: zoug86 and baltzly

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Btw.. I just saw someone from June group got a rejection a few days ago. That's a 7 month+ wait to get rejected. Initially I was going with the notion that if more time has passed the chances of rejection gets lesser. This is quite disheartening.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Yes. I have seen that kind of case too, but the thing is that I am under SS and then I assume the 6-month processing time no longer applies to me.

Also, I remember you said you've been to many countries. Me too. Therefore, I have no idea if they are requesting clearance from all of those countries that I have briefly visited (not only countries where I have stayed for 6 months) . If that is the case, then my application is destined to be a lengthy and time-consuming one. I really hope they don't process security check in this way.
I'm not sure if my travel history is that intensive compared to others here... But it does include multiple entries to neighbouring countries like Malaysia, Indonesia etc. Other than that, there is also travel history to US, UK & Europe. I read that some countries we visit could take longer to get clearance.. hmm..

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I am not quite sure what the latest update you've got says about the result of the review of your proof of fund. If you think this problem with fund is already resolved, then there is no need to take any action now. The eligibility review status in your account will always show that they are reviewing it until the very end, and it doesn't mean they are still reviewing your eligibility at all.
My personal experience is that your money should be in an account that is readily available for you to use when needed. Since you said this account allows you to withdraw your money at any time, then it should be fine. The only thing is that the agent who reviewed your proof of fund may not have enough knowledge and thought you cannot withdraw the fund from that investment account.
Also, you are likely to be one of those whose files are waiting in a queue to be sent for security check, and no one knows how long it has to wait before security can be initiated.

I hope it is resolved! Thank you. Yeah the initial agents notes were weird, he didn't even count the money in my savings account at the bank. I wish I can call them to see if they have started security, but I'm outside Canada and I don't know how to get them on the phone.