+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
@RockingRavi My returning package was activated yesterday evening. I will receive it today according to the tracking.
I guess you have already received yours. Hope you have a nice and fast landing.
Yeah I received it on Monday, I got 2 COPR letters and an information letter along with my passport.
Good Luck with yours too

Last edited:

Hrkpriyanka

Jan 13, 2020
That means your eligibility requires review. I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure how long it will take them to get to it. It depends on the reason for the review as well as how fast the officer works.
Thank you for your response.
So, is this the last stage of our application? And also when i called they told me that eligibility is recommended pass. So I am not sure what they are doing right now.

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Thank you for your response.
So, is this the last stage of our application? And also when i called they told me that eligibility is recommended pass. So I am not sure what they are doing right now.
If it's passed that that's good news. They my still be doing your background check, or security scan.

Do you know if/when they started security? And does your background check say in progress on your profile?

Lucy K

Jul 12, 2019
Thanks to All
Almost or at the End
I am PNP-Alberta
AOR - August 21, 19
Med- Sep 10,19
Background check - Sept 29,19
No update-???
PPR / Passport Request- Jan 31
Passport Sent- Jan 31
Approved-Feb 6
Passport Return Tracker activted- Feb 11

Hrkpriyanka

Jan 13, 2020
Your eligibility doesn't seem to be in the status of "review required" based on the information given by the call center agent. Officer review can also mean the final review done by an officer following the "recommended pass" given by a case processing agent. As far as I'm concerned, security usually starts after your eligibility is labelled as "pass" by an officer. This is apparently yet to happen in your case.
I don’t understand why would they take so long. If my security still to be started then it seems like my application was just kept aside for 6 months.

Hrkpriyanka

Jan 13, 2020
If it's passed that that's good news. They my still be doing your background check, or security scan.

Do you know if/when they started security? And does your background check say in progress on your profile?
I am not sure it the security started or not but online profile says processing background check.

Hrkpriyanka

Jan 13, 2020
Also, we may need to face the reality that much of the processing time is actually waiting time. They don't really "process" our applications for 6 month or so. They only look at our files for at most a couple of hours during the entire processing time, and the rest of the period is purely waiting without any activity.

The same may also apply to security screening. The other day, I talked to an immigration consultant about security screening, and she said if your security takes 6 months, at least five months are spent waiting for information, waiting for a response from another agency or country, or some administrative procedures. The real time they spend analysing your security data may be just less than half a day.
What you said is absolutely right but then I don’t understand why the applications submitted after us is getting processed earlier. I don’t understand on what basis they prioritize the applications.

Reactions: baltzly

AB127

Aug 14, 2019
Hey guys, I got PPR!

i’m not going to lie, I don’t know how to feel as it was such a stressful journey (and I know there’s lots of work ahead haha). But I’m very glad I got it just within the time scale (1 week to go). Best of luck to everyone, this process is not for the fainthearted and you guys will each have your turn!

AOR: Aug 19 2019
MEP: Sep 5 2019
BIL: Sep 20 2019

FSW-O

PPR: 11 Feb 2020

brijesh.1111

May 6, 2017
India
Yeah. That is also what I'm struggling to understand. They do seem to process some late cases even faster than earlier cases. We may never have a chance to know what kind of internal mechanism they have in deciding which case is processed first and which ones has to wait a little bit. The entire process is indeed very confusing.

Since we are not actively involved in the process whatsoever, the only thing we can do is to call them or order notes to get some info on our application. At this stage, I suggest that you refrain from worrying about your case, because your application can be approved very fast once they pick it up and work on it, provided you are not under SS, which I guess will be the case. The real substantial delay usually only occurs in SS or RR cases.
I agree with you and @Hrkpriyanka I have called a month back and I found the same answer from the call centre (not sure whether we can call that as a call centre) they said that "we are sending the security task to third-party and we are yet to receive the result for your profile" After a month there is nothing progressed in my profile yet. I am from INDIA and My details are here:

• Application Received Date: August 30, 2019
  • Biometrics Enrolment: September 24, 2019
  • Medical Pass: September 30, 2019
  • Estimated Completion Date: February 29, 2020 (less than 2 weeks to expire)
  • Province Nomination Program: SINP (Saskatchewan)
  • Application Type: Express Entry
I have not applied any GCMS Note yet and not sure whether it's worth applying or better to wait. Also a little confused with should we rely on Immigration Tracker and for me what tracker to use.

Any help/ Any suggestion or just wait and pray?

sho89

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks to All
Almost or at the End
I am PNP-Alberta
AOR - August 21, 19
Med- Sep 10,19
Background check - Sept 29,19
No update-???
PPR / Passport Request- Jan 31
Passport Sent- Jan 31
Approved-Feb 6
Passport Return Tracker activted- Feb 11
Cogratz.
I'm also PNP Alberta and 18th Aug AoR but still awaiting PPR with no updates whatsoever!

sho89

Apr 29, 2019
Did you ask them recently? I know sometimes they do things without updating your profile.
Yes I spoke with the agent last Friday. I hope they are actually doing something because if they start background check near the end of timeline it could take a while to finish!

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Yes I spoke with the agent last Friday. I hope they are actually doing something because if they start background check near the end of timeline it could take a while to finish!
You can get GCMS notes. They can tell you if there is a part of your application that is causing extra scrutiny, then you can send info or prepare your response. Like for me, my app required review for proof of settlement funds.

I'll recommend starting an elaborate, beneficial project to get your mind off things, if you have the time. My AOR is tomorrow and I've almost ran out of panic energy. Now I'm just trying to do things I enjoy and I'm working on a massive stock market analysis project. Heck even if I don't get Canadian PR, I'll still be stinking rich.

So hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That being said...at this stage it is unlikely that your application will get declined, as long as you were honest. Might be delayed.

Reactions: sho89

electric_g

Aug 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
I cannot believe it, I got my PPR!

I am PNP inland British Columbia
NOC 2173
CRS 884
AOR - August 7
MEP - August 28
RPRF requested and paid - February 10 (I am with the company lawyers and they didn't pay at the beginning)
PPR - February 12