***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Yeah it says in that article their shouldn’t be any problem as long as I apply for restoration within 90days(which I did) also when they approved my application knowing I am out of status their is no reason for them to decline me when validating my COPR, the only thing is I shouldn’t flag pole at the border instead i will book an appointment in one of the IRCC offices after getting my passport
So, you would have an implied status on your restoration, right?

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Unfortunately when we apply for restoration we won’t be under implied status.
Do you know how long it will take to get back our passports?
I've seen comments on Forums saying they got it back really quickly. I saw one comment saying he got it back in 4 days.

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Yeah it says in that article their shouldn’t be any problem as long as I apply for restoration within 90days(which I did) also when they approved my application knowing I am out of status their is no reason for them to decline me when validating my COPR, the only thing is I shouldn’t flag pole at the border instead i will book an appointment in one of the IRCC offices after getting my passport
I'm in the same position, when I spoke to the agent on the phone he said there should be no problems with validating COPR. Just bring proof that you submitted the restoration application. Why should we not flagpole? I really need to get back to work so I want to get the landing done as quick as possible which I'm sure will be faster by the border than waiting for an appointment

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
As far as I know, people residing in the US can use a kind of virtual phone call technology to get through to a call center agent. Do you know your VO? If your case is processed within Canada, then the agent is able to provide you with some info.

However, you can only know RR or SS through your CBSA/GCMS notes. Call center agents wont let you know this information.

Chances are you are neither SS nor RR, as both are not common and only account for less than 30% of the total number of applications.
I'm actually now in Qatar. I left the US end of October, but I was residing there when I applied back in August.

I have my GCMS notes. Do you know where I should look please? :)

Reactions: baltzly

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the same position, when I spoke to the agent on the phone he said there should be no problems with validating COPR. Just bring proof that you submitted the restoration application. Why should we not flagpole? I really need to get back to work so I want to get the landing done as quick as possible which I'm sure will be faster by the border than waiting for an appointment
I saw in some forum that sometimes if the border is too busy they won’t let you flagpole and in that case if we don’t have a valid status we won’t be able to enter canada thats why I am thinking to just book an appointment at an IRCC office.
In any case it is good to know we won’t have any problem as long as we show that we applied for restoration, thank you for providing that information

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
In the security section, do you see a large space (perhaps more than a page) being blanked out without any information and a note on the right top saying s15 or s16? If so, it is likely to be SS. Also, how many security activities can you see?

However, GCMS notes cannot definitely confirm SS. You need to order CBSA notes to confirm it. I have my CBSA notes in my hands and it is clearly said that I'm under comprehensive security screening.
Thanks for the info. I don't see blank spaces or those s codes.

I have about 4 or so security activities, they all say not started.

Reactions: baltzly

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I saw in some forum that sometimes if the border is too busy they won’t let you flagpole and in that case if we don’t have a valid status we won’t be able to enter canada thats why I am thinking to just book an appointment at an IRCC office.
In any case it is good to know we won’t have any problem as long as we show that we applied for restoration, thank you for providing that information
Okay that makes sense. I think I will either go to the local visa office or actIvate it by flying back in.
Yeah I have read quite a lot about it and it seems as long as you can prove that you applied for restoration it’s fine. It’s not like we are here illegally or have overstayed. Everything is done properly

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay that makes sense. I think I will either go to the local visa office or actIvate it by flying back in.
Yeah I have read quite a lot about it and it seems as long as you can prove that you applied for restoration it’s fine. It’s not like we are here illegally or have overstayed. Everything is done properly
Yeah you can validate your COPR by flying in but be very careful with CBSA, it is different from IRCC and they might not understand you applied for restoration, all they might care is if you have a valid status or not.
It might delay for about 2weeks to book an appointment with IRCC office rather then doing a flagpole but if you ask me it is a better option when we are out of status
Good Luck

Last edited:

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Had a question if anyone can shed light, once we get the email what all needs to be mailed to the address provided with a self addressed return fedex envelope:

1. Passports
2. 2X Photographs
3. Print out of entire email or just the annexure A with mailing address filled out?

Anything else or any other documents or just these 3 and should the printout be entire email or just the annexure A?

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Had a question if anyone can shed light, once we get the email what all needs to be mailed to the address provided with a self addressed return fedex envelope:

1. Passports
2. 2X Photographs
3. Print out of entire email or just the annexure A with mailing address filled out?

Anything else or any other documents or just these 3 and should the printout be entire email or just the annexure A?
Apart from all those you mentioned they will ask for a prepaid return envelope for them to send the passport and COPR back to us
The return envelope should be left blank without any return address as they get it from the annex a