+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
To be frank with you, I have no guts to share my nationality here as I’m from a much less privileged country in comparison to you.

I guess the reason for SS could be my residence history. I’ve worked in Italy and studied in Australia, so they need to get security clearance from them. The reason I haven’t really thought about the reason for SS is that since I’m already put under SS, whether or not I figure out that reason doesn’t change the reality anymore.
Everyone here is in the same boat supporting one another, and share a common goal. I am sure no one will judge you based on where you originally came from, having said that I respect that you don't wish to share this piece of information :)

Reactions: baltzly

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
You know my every past visit to Singapore has made me feel even more inferior as I was amazed by the unbelievable achievements made by your country. I wish I could have been born in a better country, but I can’t change that as that is my destiny.
It doesn't matter where we are born or originally came from, but where we eventually end up. So me and you are supposedly from 2 very different countries but we both want to end up living permanently in Canada!

Anyways like the saying goes, the grass is always greener haha. Singapore is a great city state but there are lots of downsides too. The cost of living is ridiculously high. Public houses are being sold on the resale market for more than S$1million (CAD and SGD are almost on par). A new Jap or Korean car will cost more than S$100k.

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
This waiting is torture! I think I now have hypertension. I'm doing deep breathing exercises and yoga like me life depends on it.

I've noticed that the applications where the applicant was a US resident seems to be taking longer. I looking at the tracker only about 5 people where had the US as their place of residency have gotten PR. I was a US resident when I applied.:(

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys does anyone know if it will be a problem if our status expired while validating COPR?
I sent out my passport today after i got a request yesterday, my status has expired when my BOWP was refused and I applied for restoration within 90days and its still in process, I was just wondering if anyone has validated their COPR without a valid status?

Last edited:

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Not necessary. As long as your case is not SS or RR, you will get in within 6 months. People's experience on this thread has proven this:) I'm now going to the gym every other day, and will take a French course very soon, but keeping myself busy doesn't seem to alleviate my pressure...
How do I find out if im under SS or RR? I'm not in Canada so I don't think I can call them

For me going shopping and reading cheesy romance action novels help. And staying away from my electronic devices help too! So that I'm not obsessively checking my email and online forums.

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hey guys does anyone know if it will be a problem if our status expired while validating COPR?
I sent out my passport today after i got a request yesterday, my status has expired when my BOWP was refused and I applied for restoration within 90days and its still in process, I was just wondering if anyone has validated their COPR without a valid status?
Not sure, but search information about " in deemed" situation. It would mean that while in progress, you are considered accepted (restoration and PR) until the moment you are formally denied.
This for sure happens with PGWP. As soon as someone applies for the PGWP, he/she can start working. If it is denied then one must stop working right away.
Not sure if it applies to restoration and PR though.

Reactions: RockingRavi

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure, but search information about " in deemed" situation. It would mean that while in progress, you are considered accepted (restoration and PR) until the moment you are formally denied.
This for sure happens with PGWP. As soon as someone applies for the PGWP, he/she can start working. If it is denied then one must stop working right away.
Not sure if it applies to restoration and PR though.
Will check that, Thank You

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for looking into that, I don’t think it will apply to me because for me to be on implied status I should have a valid status while applying for a work permit but unfortunately my status expired when my BOWP was refused so i had to apply for restoration and now I am out of status while my restoration is still in process

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
https://www.canadim.com/blog/out-of-status-pr-immigration-myth/
@RockingRavi I found this other information. Look for "implied status"
Yeah it says in that article their shouldn’t be any problem as long as I apply for restoration within 90days(which I did) also when they approved my application knowing I am out of status their is no reason for them to decline me when validating my COPR, the only thing is I shouldn’t flag pole at the border instead i will book an appointment in one of the IRCC offices after getting my passport

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Thank you for looking into that, I don’t think it will apply to me because for me to be on implied status I should have a valid status while applying for a work permit but unfortunately my status expired when my BOWP was refused so i had to apply for restoration and now I am out of status while my restoration is still in process
Oh I see...do you have a valid visitor visa?
For example, although I'm under a OWP, I also have a valid visitor visa.