+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
It is indeed weird as criminality is actually straightforward and is done simply based on a review of PCC. Also. I think once they have noticed a minor problem, they will mark the file as review required and then the timeline is disrupted completely, so it doesn't mean they really need 4 months to "process" your criminality. Rather, they are most likely not working on your file at this moment.

I sincerely hope you will not be sent for SS as that will add an additional wait period of a couple of months. We are in the same boat now. Once I pass my 6-month mark this weekend, there will be no due date at all. Theoretically I will be able to get a result at any point in time between next Monday and "indefinite".
I got a ghost update just now. :eek:

Reactions: Elaine_B

time.pass1970

Jan 22, 2020
Folks, need some guidance again as I have a weird problem - Our PR application has been approved (after the ghost update we got on Wed evening)
But we have NOT received the email. The agent I spoke with confirmed about the approval and also about the fact that an email was sent yesterday (Thu) evening
Has anyone experienced this? If yes, what can we do to fix the issue?

Any help appreciated

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Folks, need some guidance again as I have a weird problem - Our PR application has been approved (after the ghost update we got on Wed evening)
But we have NOT received the email. The agent I spoke with confirmed about the approval and also about the fact that an email was sent yesterday (Thu) evening
Has anyone experienced this? If yes, what can we do to fix the issue?

Any help appreciated
Check your spam, and all other channels.

Wait 2-3 days (I know, it's hard) and give them another call if you don't have it by then.

cadf19

Oct 10, 2019
Hi all,

I hope this will help and provide some hope. I received my visa stamping email today. Below is my timeline and profile.

AOR - 22nd Aug 2019
Medical - 16 Sep 2019
Biometric - 18 Sep 2019
1st update - immediately after medical
2nd ghost update - 30th Sep 2019
3rd ghost update - 30th Jan 2020
Visa stamping email - 31st Jan 2020
I am a OINP candidate. So my stream is PNP - O. Nationality and country of residence is India.
I had submitted a webform and received reply on 12th Dec that my criminality and background verification was valid while security was yet to start.
I requested for GCMS notes on 8th Jan 2020. As per 30 days timeline they should be available on 5th Feb 2020, but i received my visa email already.
Most important - my Visa office was CIO Syndney, NS as per the webform I had raised in Dec. Even in today's email it says primary office CIO, though it does not say CIO sydney. I don't think my file moved to any other office.
I have been asked to submit passports to New Delhi office via vfs.

I hope this helps those who are anxiously waiting. I was also reading each thread to see the movement and timelines. Wish everybody all the best.
Congrats on your PPR!!!!

It's great to hear about someone from the same stream (PNP-O) finally receiving the golden email!

Reactions: pratham02j

marksiwat123

Jan 17, 2020
This is my first time calling IRCC. My AOR is August 21, 2019 and MEP passed on September 20, 2019. The agent says I already passed criminality and eligibility is met, security hasn't started yet. VO is Sydney. She recommends me to call back and ask them to send the message to the office only if I didn't receive anything at the end of February.

Does anyone know how long does it take for the security check? The agent says 6 month is just an estimate, doesn't mean anything. I think she implies due to the high volume of applications, there would be a delay on all files. And I am also wondering does the avg processing time in Sydney office is longer than other offices? According to the previous discussion on the forum, Sydney office always takes longer time.
Here is my update!!!!

I got the ppr mail today morning around 7am. So the security stage took less than one week. Last week when I called them, the representative said that security not start. I think they are trying to meet the 6 months deadline for all applicants. Good luck for all folks!!!!

Reactions: quelash13

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Actually I just called them, because the last business day before the due date (Sunday) is going to pass very soon, and I happened to have some time earlier today.

The agent was very nice but basically she said the same thing that I already know:

1 Security is still in progress, and all other stages passed.
2 Once the 6-month due date is missed, there wont be a new estimated time, so it can be anytime from next Monday to the remote future.
3 There is no flag/concern on my file so far.

She said I can call anytime I want in the future, but I am unlikely to get a reply that contains new info, so she advised me to just check my online profile and watch for any update/ghost update there.

I think the only thing I need to be on the lookout for is a ghost update, since most people have seen it before PPR.
I guess it is quite a relief to hear that there are no flags or concerns about your case.

However, I get that it's still extremely frustrating to not have a due date. Like you said, it could be anytime from now till who knows how long! Seems like Sydney has been processing a batch of PPRs these couple of days. Hope my turn will come soon, hard to find predictions for SG.

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Based on what I have seen on this forum, PPR times vary significantly once the six month period has elapsed. Some people get it on the 7th month, some 9th, 10th, or 1 year, so there is no longer a uniformed pattern that I can analyse to estimate my time.

As I said before, your case will sail through the system in no time once they begin to work on it. Only SS and RR cases exceed 6 months. Since you are neither of the two, you will get it very soon. The fundamental difference is that SS is done jointly by CBSA and CSIS, and it will surely take some time when it needs the coordinated work of two agencies. Non-SS applicants really have no reason to worry about delay:)
When are your next batch of notes arriving?

Thanks for the reassurance :oops: Until I receive my notes though, I'll wouldn't know if I'm under any RR since SS in unlikely. Do you know why you were placed under SS? You haven't shared your nationality, or do you think it's your travel history?

Reactions: baltzly

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
As to the psychological impact of this delay, I believe I have to profoundly re-adjust my mind to get used to the long wait. There is absolutely nothing I can do from my side to speed up the process.
I do find that it helps to keep busy and not think about it so much. Easier said than done but it is true!

Reactions: baltzly

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
As to the psychological impact of this delay, I believe I have to profoundly re-adjust my mind to get used to the long wait. There is absolutely nothing I can do from my side to speed up the process.
Hey my PPR email came directly from Central Intake Office, it never got transferred so I am guessing even yours will be the same and also they sent it to my mail there were no updates in my CIC account so keep checking your mail regularly along with the spam folder