***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Unfortunately no, the other notes are about R10 and criminality. The only possible causes of 25 points difference I can find according to CRS criteria are education and work experience based on whether I get CLB 9. My IELTS scores are R9 L8.5 W7 S7 so perfectly in line with CLB 9 standard. Also, I did not claim any additional points like siblings or arranged job in my application.
I see! And considering your IELTS score, even if they dropped your work experience to 2 years, you would be still getting 13 points under this criteria. The points difference between the application and agent's review would be 12 points only. You would still have a total of 460 CRS points, more than the 459 required by the draw.
It could be education criteria like you said, but then I believe it would appear somewhere in the report, which leads us back to work experience.
I hope this is just a mistake of calculation on their part and that it can be solved soon.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I see! And considering your IELTS score, even if they dropped your work experience to 2 years, you would be still getting 13 points under this criteria. The points difference between the application and agent's review would be 12 points only. You would still have a total of 460 CRS points, more than the 459 required by the draw.
It could be education criteria like you said, but then I believe it would appear somewhere in the report, which leads us back to work experience.
I hope this is just a mistake of calculation on their part and that it can be solved soon.
Hmmm wait. I forgot to mention my work experience is totally foreign. I'm supposed to claim 50 points for 3 yrs experience with my IELTS score, correct?

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Hmmm wait. I forgot to mention my work experience is totally foreign. I'm supposed to claim 50 points for 3 yrs experience with my IELTS score, correct?
Only if you had scored CLB 9 or more on all 4 categories: reading, listening, writing and speaking.
You have scored CLB 9 only in reading. Then, with 3+years of experience, you would claim 25 and, with 1-2 years foreign work experience, you would claim 13 points. But still, with this recalculation, your score would add up to 460.

Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher)
Years of experiencePoints for foreign work experience + CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, one or more under 9
(Maximum 25 points)
Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points)
No foreign work experience00
1 or 2 years of foreign work experience1325
3 years or more of foreign work experience2550

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Only if you had scored CLB 9 or more on all 4 categories: reading, listening, writing and speaking.
You have scored CLB 9 only in reading. Then, with 3+years of experience, you would claim 25 and, with 1-2 years foreign work experience, you would claim 13 points. But still, with this recalculation, your score would add up to 460.

Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher)
Years of experiencePoints for foreign work experience + CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, one or more under 9
(Maximum 25 points)
Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points)
No foreign work experience00
1 or 2 years of foreign work experience1325
3 years or more of foreign work experience2550
I see, would you mind clarifying the Test score equivalency chart for me? I still consider my language tests are CLB 9 equivalent based on the chart and that is what their notes reflect upon my submission (3+yrs intl wrk & CLB9+allOL).
Thanks for your close reading and helpful tips!

International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – General Training – Test score equivalency chart
CLB LevelReadingWritingListeningSpeaking

Reactions: Elaine_B

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
I see, would you mind clarifying the Test score equivalency chart for me? I still consider my language tests are CLB 9 equivalent based on the chart and that is what their notes reflect upon my submission (3+yrs intl wrk & CLB9+allOL).
Thanks for your close reading and helpful tips!

International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – General Training – Test score equivalency chart
CLB LevelReadingWritingListeningSpeaking
Ohh man! I apologize! You are totally right! You can claim 50 points!!
I forgot IELTS has this translation table to CLB. I've taken CELPIP, so I forgot this detail!

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I forgot IELTS has this translation table to CLB. I've taken CELPIP, so I forgot this detail!
No worries at all! I guess the agent might just take a wrong calculation and throw away my application till now. Would you suggest writing an arguing letter to prod them a bit?

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
@wdvrdx111 And then, it comes to what you are saying since the beginning. You have 472 points considering you can claim 50 points of work experience + CLB 9 in all four categories. The IRCC recalculation is considering you have 25 points in this criteria which could mean two things (i believe):
-either the agent made the same miscalculation I did and he is considering 25 points for 3+ years of experience + only one category CLB 9 or:
- he is considering you have less than 3 years experience with all 4 categories of IELTS as CLB 9

Let's hope it is the first case!! Because it says on the report CRS for work experience 3 years and 3 months.
If it is the first case, it will be easily solved by a senior agent. I believe it is really important to know where you are standing exactly, so you can fight for your points if it is the case.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
@wdvrdx111 And then, it comes to what you are saying since the beginning. You have 472 points considering you can claim 50 points of work experience + CLB 9 in all four categories. The IRCC recalculation is considering you have 25 points in this criteria which could mean two things (i believe):
-either the agent made the same miscalculation I did and he is considering 25 points for 3+ years of experience + only one category CLB 9 or:
- he is considering you have less than 3 years experience with all 4 categories of IELTS as CLB 9

Let's hope it is the first case!! Because it says on the report CRS for work experience 3 years and 3 months.
If it is the first case, it will be easily solved by a senior agent. I believe it is really important to know where you are standing exactly, so you can fight for your points if it is the case.
I am really appreciative of your suggestions!
I've placed another gcms order recently and hope to get it soon so that I could realize whether this issue has been solved. Fingers crossed!

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
I am really appreciative of your suggestions!
I've placed another gcms order recently and hope to get it soon so that I could realize whether this issue has been solved. Fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed here too. Maybe you can send them a letter through web-form about this, so it gets attached to your file before they make any decision.

@baltzly what do you think? Would a letter of explanation in this regard from @wdvrdx111 jeopardize the process in any way?

In my case, my husband was required to send a PCC from a country he stayed for 8 days only. We've sent 3 different letter of explanation through web-form, because we couldn't identify the reason for the request, it was not clear. They cancelled the request based on the web-forms we sent.

Reactions: baltzly

jplventurina

Sep 16, 2018
Hi Guys.

I received my ppr today.
My AOR was August 8. My application took 6 months and 10 days.
I received ghost update yesterday and received ppr today.
I Would also like to tell you guys that called cic yesterday and was told that my criminality is passed, eligibility is recommend passed where as security not started.

You guys were always a great support in this journey. I thank you all for all your support. Please do not loose hope. I wish that you all get your ppr soon and remember you all will get it.
what's your timeline please?

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Country of Residence: USA
Stream: FSW Outland
CRS Score - 472
ITA - June 26, 2019
AOR - August 13, 2019
MEP - Sept 3, 2019
BIL: Sept 3, 2019
First Ghost Update - Sept 4, 2019
Biometrics given - Sept 17th, 2019

Biometrics still showing :We have not received your finger prints after 5 months, raised webform and was confirmed that my fingerprints were received
Long silence.......
6 months elapsed - Feb 13, 2020
2nd Ghost Update - Feb 19, 2020
Called IRCC today to inquire about the second ghost update, I was told everything has been passed and I should be receiving the email soon.

Patiently waiting......It feels like forever but I am relieved knowing that all including Eligibility have been passed

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Country of Residence: USA
Stream: FSW Outland
CRS Score - 472
ITA - June 26, 2019
AOR - August 13, 2019
MEP - Sept 3, 2019
BIL: Sept 3, 2019
First Ghost Update - Sept 4, 2019
Biometrics given - Sept 17th, 2019

Biometrics still showing :We have not received your finger prints after 5 months, raised webform and was confirmed that my fingerprints were received
Long silence.......
6 months elapsed - Feb 13, 2020
2nd Ghost Update - Feb 19, 2020
Called IRCC today to inquire about the second ghost update, I was told everything has been passed and I should be receiving the email soon.

Patiently waiting......It feels like forever but I am relieved knowing that all including Eligibility have been passed
Congratulations! I'm sure it will take a couple of days now. Don't forget to check in the spam and junk e-mail boxes. I have read in some threads that some applicants almost missed the deadline because the PPR e-mail went to the junk e-mail.

jplventurina

Sep 16, 2018
AOR: AUGUST 21, 2019
VO: CIO SYDNEY
ELIGIBILITY PASSED

- JAN 21, 2020

MEDICAL PASSED

- JAN 21, 2020

ADDITIONAL DOCS

- We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. (FEB 19, 2020)

INTERVIEW

- DO NOT NEED

BIOMETRICS

- JANUARY 14, 2020

BACKGROUND CHECK

- CRIMINALITY = PASSED

- SECURITY = NOT STARTED

Anyone who has the same timeline? Thank you

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations! I'm sure it will take a couple of days now. Don't forget to check in the spam and junk e-mail boxes. I have read in some threads that some applicants almost missed the deadline because the PPR e-mail went to the junk e-mail.
Thanks, and yes I do check my spam emails as well... I can't wait. I had moved to a different address after I got AOR, but I chose not to update my address as I thought it would complicate the process, i am a student and currently live on campus, but i still have access to my previous address as its my family house. I started wondering the reason for my delay in background check so I decided to update my address last week. All of a sudden I got a ghost update yesterday, so maybe the discrepancies in my address was causing the delay. I am thankful that all would soon be over...

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
Hello everyone.
Aor aug 20. Fsw outland.
Six months crossed yesterday. Called ircc and found vo moved to Winnipeg from Montreal.
criminality and medical passed. Eligibility requires review and security not started.
I don't know how much longer it is going to take.

Reactions: baltzly