+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

dhanashree29

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
It's been about 6.5 months for me and still nothing. I currently live in the USA, only thing that changed for me was medical pass back in August 15. Still waiting...
Do you happen to know what questions they asked your employer? Was it a phone call or an email?
Any update for you.. Mine also 6 months already passed no updates

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey folks, need some suggestions here (FSW-O, CPC Ottowa)...
Yesterday I got my gcms notes ordered in late Oct (90 days extension imposed) and found my eligibility was under RR four months ago due to verified CRS score (447) under assessed points (472). The notes did not specify what actually leads to 25 points decrease. My speculation is they did a wrong calculation or messed up their own system since the agent concluded in the note that my total CRS foreign work is 3yrs and 3months but it somehow falls under 2-3 years category which only gives me 25 points with CLB 9+. There is no mentioning of other materials that draw their concerns.
Has anyone noticed this kind of RR before? My job letter seems to please the agent as he put "Letter appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category" on every letter I have uploaded.
It's really a baffling situation so any insights or suggestions are more than welcome!

Drogon

Mar 13, 2019
Aor 20th august
Vo Montreal
Application 100% completed today and it says my application taking longer than usual.
Called IRCC a month ago and found criminality passed, background not started and eligibility requires review.
Will call again and ask which document requires review.
gcms noted ordered 2 months ago and not received yet.
Raised webform and got generic response

Reactions: baltzly

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Without a screenshot/detailed info on the notes, it is really difficult to analyse the situation or tell whether or not it is a calculation mistake.
Here are the details:

Officer review employment documents regarding calculations for hours/days. Additional employment lines added to note manually as over 10 entries of employment docs. M13 A11: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total: 70 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 459 CRS score at application (APR): 472 Total CRS Points Assessed:447 / Verified CRS score: 447
-- I'll just cut off the letter assessments and jump to the conclusion since I have 19 letters in total. Every letter has "Letter appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category" --
CRS Foreign Work: 3 yrs, 3 mth(s)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 year(s), 11 FSW Points
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Appears to Meet Approx. CAD $53756, as per Chast Bank Statement at 2019-06-14; Family of 2 requires CAD $15772

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
As far as I know, they usually don't communicate with us in the middle of the process even if we take the initative to ask them. I actually submitted an additional job description letter around 10 days after my eAOR via webform, and they then forwarded it to my VO. I didn't ask them if they needed it. I just sent it.

As to the proof of fund, I do feel their criteria are opague and there may be some unwrittern rules about it. For instance, they may consider the liquidity of stock as not enough for the fund to be "readily available", so we don't really know which degree of liquidity is required. Also, they may feel that stock is a high risk asset that may lose its value if the stock market indext declines.

Do you have easy access to an immigration consultant? I think you may need some professional advice on this. My personal understanding is that in order to appeal, your initial document should be able to withstand a second assessment by a senior officer during the appeal process, instead of using newly submitted documents to prove they shouldnt have refused your application in the first place. If your arguement is based on those new documents, then they can say you need to apply once again rather than ask for the initial application to be reopened.
I just sent them a 5 page essay about it, l'll let you know what they say. I could understand the reasoning about stocks being unstable, but they should be very clear about any restrictions about stocks. They even listed investment accounts in their proof of funds page for express entry PR, I mentioned this in my letter. There was someone who posted on here who got his case reopened after his employment letter was rejected for missing something. I hope I'm similarly lucky.

I think it might be cheaper for me to just resubmit versus hire a professional. But I'm trying to have faith in Canada to do the decent thing, so hopefully I should not have to resubmit.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Have your employer letters specifically indicated the total weekly hours you've worked? From what you provided it indeed seems strange that they put your work experience into that 2-3 years bracket.
Yes, most of them are 20hrs/week and some are 10hrs/week. The only difference is the salary that most go by monthly rate and a few go by hourly rate.

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Have you tried converting those working hours into full-time working days in Canadian standard (30 hours+ per week is considered as full time in Canada)?
I've seen several cases where the total years exceeded the required number of years but the total working hours didn't..
My calculation was 20hrs/30hrs X 55 weeks(my 20 hrs weeks)/12 months = 3.05 years. I cannot remember who provides the formula but I found it on this forum. Does this seem legit to you?

wdvrdx111

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
My calculation was 20hrs/30hrs X 55 weeks(my 20 hrs weeks)/12 months = 3.05 years. I cannot remember who provides the formula but I found it on this forum. Does this seem legit to you?
Also in the note the agent converted my 20hrs into full time standard. For 5 months with 20hrs/week I get 3 months of full time and 3 months with 10hrs/week I get 1 month of full time.

Elaine_B

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-08-2019
Also in the note the agent converted my 20hrs into full time standard. For 5 months with 20hrs/week I get 3 months of full time and 3 months with 10hrs/week I get 1 month of full time.
Do you mean 55 months in the calculation? Because if it's 55 weeks, it doesn't make sense (52 weeks=1 year)
Then, if you mean 55 months, the formula only works if you had worked 20 hours per week during the whole 55 months period. If you worked 10 hours per week during some weeks within the 55 months, you will need to add 1 more variable to the equation. Let's suppose that you worked 20 hours per week during 51 months and 10 hours per week during 4 months:
(20/30x51 + 10/30x4)/12= (34+1.33)/12=35.33/12=2.94 years
But I really don't get the part of the report where the agent says 3 years and 3 months.

Reactions: baltzly