+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>AUGUST 2019 AOR<<<<<<<-----Join here

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Anything from the JDs not watching to not providing a reference letter as per IRCC requirements.
In instances where some of the duties do not match the NOC chosen, what can the applicant do proactively to salvage the situation to avoid rejection?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
The Review required does not mean there is an issue. I wrote a post on RR, and reposting it here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
Thanks this is really helpful information!
I spoke with an agent/officer over the phone today and they mentioned that my application was in "Background Processing" stage, I was confused cause I don't know what stage this corresponds to? My medicals and biometrics are complete, but it still says:

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

On my profile page. Is there anything I can infer from the officers conversation?

UdayanSri

Jun 12, 2019
ITA - 12th June,
AOR - 3rd Aug,
Cleared Medicals - 24th Aug,
Biometrics Completed - 2nd Sept.

My CRS score is 478 and I am waiting for my PPR. Add me to whatsapp group 7715939923.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I called CIC today and asked about my eligibility. I was told that 'eligibility is under review' is it different from review required? Thanks.

Sabz1986

Nov 18, 2019
AOR - August 28th
CEC inland applicant (2 dependents)
NOC:2174
Medicals passed: 17th September
Biometrics -Not requested
Visa Office - Edmonton.

As of November 11th:
Eligibility- we are reviewing whether.....
Criminality-done
Security-yet to start
BGC - processing your bgc

On 12th -Received the usual update email. Profile updated with an attachment named Information letter that reads "The processing of your application for permanent residence in canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa" requesting for passport. Never received any other Ghost update.

Passport received at CPC Ottawa - Nov 14th

Status still shows eligibility being reviewed and BGC in progress but called and confirmed that its passed and takes 2 to 4 weeks to get passports back.Fingers crossed!!! Will update upon receiving. All the best.

skai

Dec 23, 2014
AOR - August 28th
Visa Office - Edmonton.

As of November 11th:
Criminality-done
Security-yet to start

On 12th -Received the usual update email. Profile updated with an attachment named Information letter that reads "The processing of your application for permanent residence in canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa" requesting for passport. Never received any other Ghost update.

Status still shows eligibility being reviewed and BGC in progress but called and confirmed that its passed and takes 2 to 4 weeks to get passports back.Fingers crossed!!! Will update upon receiving. All the best.
Did you get an ghost update email on 11th or before?

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
AOR - August 28th
Visa Office - Edmonton.

As of November 11th:
Criminality-done
Security-yet to start

Congratulations... its fast for someone with dependents...

Did you call IRCC and or ordered gcms?

I am hoping mine would be soon...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Faresyousyas

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
  1. Hello Guys ,
    Inland applicant 4 dependents
    Aor Jul 29th
    Mep Aug 22nd

I called the immigration office this week and the officer told me that you passed everything and your background check is cleared we are just waiting for the final decision from the Office .
    Edmonton office.
    Can anyone tell me when should I expect ppr please ?

sitedoever

Nov 8, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
AOR Received.
09-08-2019
Did you not get any ghost updates during that time?
We are all in this together! Once someone picks up your case it will go fast from there.

Did you order gcms notes? I ordered a week ago, waiting to see if I am under RR or not... hahahahah
I hope so my friend! 106 days and still counting...
I Did not order GCMS notes but I'm considering that, once my file is at Sydney NS and it will probably take longer than 180 days. How long do the notes take?

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
I hope so my friend! 106 days and still counting...
I Did not order GCMS notes but I'm considering that, once my file is at Sydney NS and it will probably take longer than 180 days. How long do the notes take?
I ordered mine directly from https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do and i was told it would take 30 calendar days. many have been telling me its gonna be delayed. i will let you know when i get it.

Fingers crossed for you that you are in Sydney. Most important thing is to keep ourselves occupied and not think about this PR thing...

sitedoever

Nov 8, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
AOR Received.
09-08-2019
I ordered mine directly from https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do and i was told it would take 30 calendar days. many have been telling me its gonna be delayed. i will let you know when i get it.

Fingers crossed for you that you are in Sydney. Most important thing is to keep ourselves occupied and not think about this PR thing...
Thank you so much for the tip. I am considering in order tonight. Please let us know when you get your notes :D

About not thinking: it's too hard for me, my WP expires on Jan 5th so I will be in implied status. That's why I want either of them so bad haha

anyways, thank you so much!