+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>AUGUST 2019 AOR<<<<<<<-----Join here

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yu should apply for a new passport and update it in your application by sending a webform. It would not affect your application processing in whatever way.
Thanks for your response. I was a little worried it would somehow lengthen my processing time. If that's the case, let me work on getting a new passport. Cheers

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes

My passport is expiring in mid-2022, and I'm still waiting for my PR approval. Was just wondering, if I apply for a new one and furnish IRCC with the new passport details, won't that delay or increase my PR processing time?! Is it better to wait until they give me a decision and then apply for my new passport in my country or applying for one now won't really delay my PR processing once I give them the new details? Also can I just apply for a new passport and not inform IRCC and just carry the two passports when I go to Canada? Is that allowed?

N.B: my AOR is 26 Aug 2019.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
@MARYKE4NNY got this one, do renew the passport.

At the final stage IRCC will check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
@MARYKE4NNY got this one, do renew the passport.

At the final stage IRCC will check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.
Thanks for your response @caipsnotes . Always helpful! Let me get that sorted. Cheers

Reactions: caipsnotes

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Hi All,

Please find my following dates, Can someone help me if IRCC still sending COPR for Outlanders ? And I have applied my Express entry process from USA.

AOR - August 16, 2019
Bio metric - September 3, 2019
Inital medical passed : Sept 2019
Medical after adding Baby(only for new born) - Oct 27 2020

We have been waiting for so long, so if someone has any inputs pls keep me posted.

Thanks!

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
Hi All,

I'm feeling led to create a community of new immigrants. This group has and is giving me so much, and has made me believe this world to be a better place.
Each one of us got here to help one another, this group gave me hope when I had none at all, and literally met some God sent people.

I know for many it's PPR, then COPR, and landing. But then, what? How to sustain your life in Canada? Does one need to start from scratch? How to find a job? Make a living? Everything before and everything in between.
I am not even sure if what I'm proposing is going to be a success, but it's a worth a try. We can reunite through the below group and offer support to each other even after we land.

I'm adding a link below, so you can join if you want to be part of this community.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Cny1j2pWQGI2RKxkihI3PD

Just my way of giving back to the community who has given me so much that not mere words can explain.

God bless you all.

kathnada

Apr 10, 2019
We’re probably the only one waiting on this batch :(

PNP - Outland
NBPNP
Current VO - Manila (MVO)

PR AOR - August 27, 2019
MEP - September 17, 2019
Biometrics - September 18, 2019
Marriage - October 18, 2019
Request to add spouse through CSE - November 5, 2019
Submitted requested documents through CSE - November 15, 2019
Submitted additional document through CSE (Marriage certificate) - December 5, 2019
Request for spouse’s biometrics- November 13, 2020

Still waiting.. it’s really painful to go through everyday not knowing when our time will come..

easy breezy

Nov 10, 2019
We’re probably the only one waiting on this batch :(

PNP - Outland
NBPNP
Current VO - Manila (MVO)

PR AOR - August 27, 2019
MEP - September 17, 2019
Biometrics - September 18, 2019
Marriage - October 18, 2019
Request to add spouse through CSE - November 5, 2019
Submitted requested documents through CSE - November 15, 2019
Submitted additional document through CSE (Marriage certificate) - December 5, 2019
Request for spouse’s biometrics- November 13, 2020

Still waiting.. it’s really painful to go through everyday not knowing when our time will come..
Hey, don't lose hope. They're clearing backlogs, your visa will definitely come.