+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

amlinumaaldao

Dec 10, 2014
Hi there ,

I’m a Canadian Citizen and getting married in India in January 2019, I’m staying there for 4 months. I was wondering if I can apply for my wife’s PR from India after our wedding or do I need to apply it from within Canada ?
Experts pls reply.
Thanks

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi there ,

I’m a Canadian Citizen and getting married in India in January 2019, I’m staying there for 4 months. I was wondering if I can apply for my wife’s PR from India after our wedding or do I need to apply it from within Canada ?
Experts pls reply.
Thanks
Because you are a citizen you can apply from inside or outside Canada.

Reactions: amlinumaaldao

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hi there ,

Experts pls reply.
Thanks
Yes, you can apply from inside or outside Canada since you're a Canadian citizen. If from outside the country, you just have to prove to IRCC that you will be residing in Canada once your wife's PR application is approved.

Reactions: amlinumaaldao

kc247

Jul 25, 2014
Mailed our application August 7! USPS was unhelpful and said I couldn't track it, so I hope it got there alright... just waiting for AOR!

Notorious_Chu

Sep 2, 2018
What's good everyone!

Am a Canadian Citizen who's filed for my Wife in Jamaica.

-Sent Application via Canada Post Express on August 20

-was delivered and signed for by B Hines on August 24 at the CPC in Sydney, NS

Good Luck to all of us...

Reactions: Shellzyan

mani gill

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi

My application received on August 25th. Hopefully, I will get file number by end of september.

mani gill

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi there ,

Experts pls reply.
Thanks

You can apply from india as long as you have recent job letter

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
I called IRCC earlier to check for any updates and the agent told me that CPC-Sydney is doing up to July 10 applications now. I'm hoping to hear some good news for our application very soon.

If anyone is interested, here is the list of Facebook groups that relate to spousal sponsorship:
  • 2017-2018 Canada Spousal Sponsorship on Facebook (mostly Philippine applicants)
  • Applying for PR Common-Law/Spousal Canada
  • Canada Spousal Sponsorship Support Group

Reactions: Manaa and Aref.P

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
I called IRCC earlier to check for any updates and the agent told me that CPC-Sydney is doing up to July 10 applications now. I'm hoping to hear some good news for our application very soon.

If anyone is interested, here is the list of Facebook groups that relate to spousal sponsorship:
  • 2017-2018 Canada Spousal Sponsorship on Facebook (mostly Philippine applicants)
  • Applying for PR Common-Law/Spousal Canada
  • Canada Spousal Sponsorship Support Group
That's good news! Seems Sydney is catching up. Hope things will get back to normal soon. It has been 10 days since they have received my package but I still cannot link my application, guess that means they have not even opened the package!

muhammadanas1987

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everybody,

I applied for my wife in August. Package was delivered to Sydney office on 10th August.
Today she got an email from Centralized Intake Office for payment of Biometric fees. Didn't ask for biometrics yet.

This is the first correspondence from CIC bearing a File No. but no UCI still.

Reactions: Aref.P