AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Salam
Thanks for your response
I think something has bern changed for countries who need to give their biometrics
One of the August applicant here has got bio-metrics already, Not sure where he or she was from. But I dont think it is the biometric. as a post in July tread according to the agent she had talked to that there have been unusually large number of applicants in June and July (probably to avoid biometrics) and that has caused a backlog for CIC.

Jina83

Oct 12, 2018
One of the August applicant here has got bio-metrics already, Not sure where he or she was from. But I dont think it is the biometric. as a post in July tread according to the agent she had talked to that there have been unusually large number of applicants in June and July (probably to avoid biometrics) and that has caused a backlog for CIC.
So it’s based on countries
Bc I know some August applicants who get their aor and sa they are from india philipin...

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
So it’s based on countries
Bc I know some August applicants who get their aor and sa they are from india philipin...
Well someone from Italy (July applicant) got her PPR yesterday! so, yes I also agree it is based on countries. It might be that background check or other data are easier to get and handle while applicant are from certain countries.
and not to mention that our countries (Iran, Pakistan, Afganistan,...) do not have very good reputation in their eyes so they might want to double check!! Therefor they try to cover "easy cases" first and then work on difficult ones such as ours.

When we called them and asked why Sep. applicant are getting AOR and not us, they said cases are different and are not treated the same!

Reactions: Jina83

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Well someone from Italy (July applicant) got her PPR yesterday! so, yes I also agree it is based on countries. It might be that background check or other data are easier to get and handle while applicant are from certain countries.
and not to mention that our countries (Iran, Pakistan, Afganistan,...) do not have very good reputation in their eyes so they might want to double check!! Therefor they try to cover "easy cases" first and then work on difficult ones such as ours.

When we called them and asked why Sep. applicant are getting AOR and not us, they said cases are different and are not treated the same!
Yes, this is correct. We can use the trackers and this forum to compare how our applications are in relation to other applications, but every case is different; every VO handling is different; every relationship is unique, so on and so forth.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hello everyone. My application was received in Nova Scotia on Aug.29. I am still waiting. Is there anything required from me at this time or do I just wait? Also to receive the AOR1 does that mean that the sponsor has been approved or that all documents from both sponsor and PA have been approved? Thanks in advance.
Hey. Receiving an AOR means that the package you sent is complete or is just missing minor documents that can be requested later on in the process. By then, they are already processing the sponsor's eligibility.

Applications received up to the first week of August are just now receiving their AOR. The average wait time right now for it is 70-80 days after IRCC receiving the application package.

cbreeze22

Oct 10, 2017
Hi all. Just wanted to add our info here (I populated the spreadsheet already). My wife is in BC and I'm in the US. Our application was received on August 7 in Mississauga (because we didn't realize address had changed to NS). I expected it to be returned because of that, but she received AOR email on October 3. I linked my account on October 5 (when she found the email in her junk folder) and it said they will need additional paperwork, but no message or email has been sent telling us what. Nothing else has happened. I think our case is complicated (dependents of ours are from former relationships, one of mine is non-accompanying,over age, and a medical exception).

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
I
miss.

Hi,
This is the latest update on my Aplication, I hope there will be AOR soon .

Application: XF000000000

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application for sponsorship. Since it was received on July 6, 2018, your application is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

This is the latest update on my Aplication, I hope I will receive AOR ? My Aplication is July 6 .

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
I

miss.

Hi,
This is the latest update on my Aplication, I hope there will be AOR soon .

Application: XF000000000

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application for sponsorship. Since it was received on July 6, 2018, your application is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

This is the latest update on my Aplication, I hope I will receive AOR ? My Aplication is July 6 .
I think you should stop waiting for AOR since you have already received it!!
Correct me if I am wrong, but this email seems like AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) to me.
have you tried linking your application in GCkey or checking ecas?

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Now a days...outland spousal visa application need to send nova Scotia and then they are transfer file to Mississauga rather than NDVO(New Delhi visa office)....is it true??

Ramisha

Oct 20, 2018
I send in my complete application to Sydney Nova Scotia. I used Canada Post so I could track it. It got delivered to them on August 13. I haven't received any confirmation from them? Should I worry? It's been more then 60 days

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Correct me if I am wrong, but this email seems like AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) to me.
I never receive any AOR yet , that is not AOR .. is just an email that was sent to me when in called them to know what is going on with my Aplication.
Am still unable to link it also on line with the temporary Aplication number that was given to me .

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
And I think part of the email that was sent to me show like AOR because I rely don’t understand what they mean (
we verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application for sponsorship. Since it was received on July 6, 2018, your application is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed ) they do mention of My Aplication is verified and they are please with it and I must be waiting for decision... I rely don’t understand what is next maybe is medical, am just confused by this point .

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Went with hubby for his medical exam in Houston TX yesterday. Mostly quick & painless. Apparently his blood sugar was high, so they ordered a follow up blood test for him to do on Monday. Hoping it's just the road trip junk food and nothing more serious, and that either way that's not a reason to not pass the medical.

aman.patiala

Oct 19, 2018
quick question... please...

Anybody received AOR from Aug reached file? If applicant from India and Sponsor is Permanent resident of Canada (living in Canada). current approx time between reaching file and AOR??

Can principal applicant apply for visitor visa?? to canada as it may take long time like a year or so.??

India require biometric ?

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hello everyone,,,
wanted to add my application
I'm PR in canada and sponsoring my wife form India
My file received on August 17, 2018
Nothing yet not AOR or any kind of confirmation that they received file (except canada post tracking showed that someone received on given address)
waiting