+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2021 SDS applicants please gather

micayd

Oct 4, 2021
Hello everyone!

I was a silent reader for a while and decided to make an account.
I applied Non SDS, currently in the US.
My first application got refused based on the reason of purpose of visit, it was my mistake not to include my SOP on my application. I reapplied and now waiting for my result. Praying for a good result now.

Timeline below:

1st application filed: Sept 17
Biometrics letter: Sept 18
Biometrics taken: Sept 22 (same day gc updated)
BVL: Sept 24
Refusal: Sept 24

Reapplied: Sept 24
Biometrics Updated: Sept 25
BVL: Waiting
PPR/Permit Result: Waiting

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hey, Guys my timelines:
Application submitted with medical - SDS - 22 August
Medical passed
Biometric updated - 02 September
At present, showing- Reviewing eligibility
I have applied without SOP as the case was straightforward, does this impact the visa approval process?
SOPs are not necessary but they are very very important. Why take chances. Send it. Good luck..

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Someone in fb group got PPR, I applied earlier where is my decision :rolleyes:

His Timeline:

Upfront Medical completed in July
Visa filed on 19th August
Biometrics completed on 25th August
Webform raised on 29th September for not updating biometrics and medical
Biometrics and Medical both updated on 01st Oct
Correspondence Letter 05th Oct 1:50am
PPR 05th Oct 2.27am

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
How to deal with the anxiety?
What I do is, I accept it. I dont fight it. That I have anxiety, then I try to find out why I am anxious.
Then I will see if can solve it by checking the reasons one by one.
But we are anxious most of the time when things are out of our control.
So I say, to heck with it. All we can do is do our best and leave the rest to higher power. Praying helps if you believe in God else maybe ask the Universe.
Or best option is help others and celebrate other members here in this forum.
Dont worry, what I have found out health is really wealth. Seriously, corona showed that health is way more important than these silly visa issues.
Good luck my friend! :)

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hello everyone!

I was a silent reader for a while and decided to make an account.
I applied Non SDS, currently in the US.
My first application got refused based on the reason of purpose of visit, it was my mistake not to include my SOP on my application. I reapplied and now waiting for my result. Praying for a good result now.

Timeline below:

1st application filed: Sept 17
Biometrics letter: Sept 18
Biometrics taken: Sept 22 (same day gc updated)
BVL: Sept 24
Refusal: Sept 24

Reapplied: Sept 24
Biometrics Updated: Sept 25
BVL: Waiting
PPR/Permit Result: Waiting
Good luck!

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
What I do is, I accept it. I dont fight it. That I have anxiety, then I try to find out why I am anxious.
So I say, to heck with it. All we can do is do our best and leave the rest to higher power. Praying helps if you believe in God else maybe ask the Universe.
Dont worry, what I have found out health is really wealth. Seriously, corona showed that health is way more important than these silly visa issues.
Nailed it!!

ni27

Sep 29, 2021
You were amazing!!!
thank you so much :)

Reactions: yesWeCanada

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Didn't see much updates this week. Hopefully by end of week we see some movements. Every day passing now is tense as there are so many things to sort before moving for Jan 22 intake!

Reactions: Aesopzai

tiandstories

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Didn't see much updates this week. Hopefully by end of week we see some movements. Every day passing now is tense as there are so many things to sort before moving for Jan 22 intake!
I know right, it's going to be 2 months of waiting for me already, got so many things need to settle in order to study board, sigh.

Reactions: itsmecan

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I deferred on September 13 for January 2022 but till now I haven't got new LOA.. Can it be a reason that I didn't get a ppr or refusal after getting BVL on 17th September?

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
I deferred on September 13 for January 2022 but till now I haven't got new LOA.. Can it be a reason that I didn't get a ppr or refusal after getting BVL on 17th September?
PPR or refusal is nothing to do with your intake deferment. There is delay in new LOA due to Jan 2022 is almost full. Try to contact college ASAP.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Nov 15 is also the day to inform my college about visa status. Looking at the way deferments are happening, if I dont confirm by then it will be gone I think. Also, who knows if the May intake also fills up by then! Talk about cutting it close. Also, I think Oct end we might start seeing our results. Because still lot of backlog is there from July and August.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Yeah, so many things to do. I have made a checklist and cant move on without the visa. I have resigned already. Nov 15 is last working day. Hope I get it before that! :)
I have to give 2 months of notice so I need to get some decision by 15th Oct so I will have at least few weeks to wrap things up, book flights, sort out finances. There's just so many things to do.