+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program-Sharing Timeline here please

Mehras1991

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Mehras, we’re still waiting for update for my brother’ AIPP Application, pre-arrival received Feb 19, 2019 and waiting for further update. BGC “we are processing your background check”

Feb 6, 2019 Medical request received Feb6, 2019. Sent case specific inquiry many times (less than 10 inquiry) that medical exam was done under TWP last December 13, 2018 and received a reply from CIC last Feb 22 that everything is in order and that medical exam from TWP was already verified

Feb19 Pre-arrival letter received

Hoping and praying for PPR or hopefully COPR for my brother. Goodluck to all!
Thanks for the update and yes its quite stressful when this background check takes bit longer and I am inland applicant my PR application was recieved on 31 Dec 2018. 27 JAN 2019 got email regarding application no and UCI.

After that no update and system is still saying the same you don't need a medical you don't need biometrics we are processing your background check.

Bimdoh156

Star Member
May 29, 2018
I just got Biometric letter and it came in my name no mention of my spouse ,l want to know if the request should include my dependant .

Top urgent please

Dimensha

Mar 5, 2018
UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-01-19
AOR Received.
20-02-2019
IELTS Request
10-02-2018
I just got Biometric letter and it came in my name no mention of my spouse ,l want to know if the request should include my dependant .

Top urgent please
you should have received separate letter on each adult's name

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am sharing what I've seen others do to get an update from CIC.

You can send a CSE asking for an update, ask them to confirm the following.

- visa office ?
- elegibility ?
- criminality ?
- security ?

This seems to work and folks have found out that it was approved by doing this.

Best of luck

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi, yes, I linked my WP finally, i think you chose wrong item like what I did before, it should be "international experience Canada" under "temporary residence", not "work permit", i wonder why they put AIPP WP there.
Hi!
When did you apply for your WP and from which VO is responsible for your country?

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hello once again! I'm still waiting for your response in answer to my previous query. Please share when you submitted your WP application and which VO is processing your application?

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Hello once again! I'm still waiting for your response in answer to my previous query. Please share when you submitted your WP application and which VO is processing your application?
I lot of people are currently waiting for provincial endorsement to be processed, every local visa office has its own turnaround times. Where and when did you submit your WP? others who are under the same visa office may then connect with you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
I lot of people are currently waiting for provincial endorsement to be processed, every local visa office has its own turnaround times. Where and when did you submit your WP? others who are under the same visa office may then connect with you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
I received my endorsement from NB a couple of days ago and will be applying for my TWP from Abu Dhabi VO. I'm interested in knowing how long is it taking for processing the WP from Abu Dhabi.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
I received my endorsement from NB a couple of days ago and will be applying for my TWP from Abu Dhabi VO. I'm interested in knowing how long is it taking for processing the WP from Abu Dhabi.
Congratulations on your endorsement, unfortunately looking at the WP tracker for your visa office it’s currently at 19 weeks. Personally I would also get your PR application submitted ASAP as the majority of PR applications are being approved within 3-5 months. So you possibly could get your PR before your WP is approved.

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Congratulations on your endorsement, unfortunately looking at the WP tracker for your visa office it’s currently at 19 weeks. Personally I would also get your PR application submitted ASAP as the majority or PR applications are being approved within 3-5 months. So you possibly could get your PR before your WP is approved.
Thank you! Yes, I do intend to file my PR simultaneously along with my WP application. Unfortunately from my home country the processing time for 'work permit' is showing at 39 weeks. If you look under the category of 'International Experience Canada' as 'quietwish' has quoted the processing time is showing only 8 weeks. I also heard from another comrade that he could only link his application with GC key once he went for the option of 'IEC' on cic visa processing website. I just wanted to confirm this from quietwish's experience.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Thank you! Yes, I do intend to file my PR simultaneously along with my WP application. Unfortunately from my home country the processing time for 'work permit' is showing at 39 weeks. If you look under the category of 'International Experience Canada' as 'quietwish' has quoted the processing time is showing only 8 weeks. I also heard from another comrade that he could only link his application with GC key once he went for the option of 'IEC' on cic visa processing website. I just wanted to confirm this from quietwish's experience.

Yes I’m trying to remember but EC does ring a bell when I linked my PR on gckey. I know I tried and tired with all different options. I had to wait 7 weeks from the UK so I hope your wait is only 8 weeks. Will be good if others also waiting for WP could comment.

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Congratulations on your endorsement, unfortunately looking at the WP tracker for your visa office it’s currently at 19 weeks. Personally I would also get your PR application submitted ASAP as the majority of PR applications are being approved within 3-5 months. So you possibly could get your PR before your WP is approved.
Hey TheNorms, could you please share a link to the WP tracker? If it's on MyImmiTracker then it's beyond me, that website is SO confusing!

19 weeks is a horrendous amount of time. Come April 2nd, my supervisor has said they will call up IRCC and ask about my WP, as its been two months and they really need me back (submission date Jan 9th, although date received is December 27th, still haven't started background check yet).

I wish this was really like when I applied for IEC! The processing time back then was 90 days but I got approved 9 hours after I submitted :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Hey TheNorms, could you please share a link to the WP tracker? If it's on MyImmiTracker then it's beyond me, that website is SO confusing!

19 weeks is a horrendous amount of time. Come April 2nd, my supervisor has said they will call up IRCC and ask about my WP, as its been two months and they really need me back (submission date Jan 9th, although date received is December 27th, still haven't started background check yet).

I wish this was really like when I applied for IEC! The processing time back then was 90 days but I got approved 9 hours after I submitted :rolleyes:
Sure @wardea90 this is the tracker on the IRCC website, for inland work permits its saying 6 weeks and for IEC it’s 8 weeks.
if I was you I would get this chased up straight away as your over that timeline. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Sure @wardea90 this is the tracker on the IRCC website, for inland work permits its saying 6 weeks and for IEC it’s 8 weeks.
if I was you I would get this chased up straight away as your over that timeline. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Thanks!
Oh dang, I'll send them a CSE. I've been following the "work permit extension (new employer)" one, which is 83 days right now, which would take me to April 2nd for my processing time. I've been checking the wrong one then? :mad:

Last edited:

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Oh dang, I'll send them a CSE. I've been following the "work permit extension (new employer)" one, which is 83 days right now, which would take me to April 2nd for my processing time. I've been checking the wrong one then? :mad:
@wardea90 oh yeah you have submitted an extension wow 83 days for new employer. Have you been able to link it to your gckey?