Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
@wardea90 oh yeah you have submitted an extension wow 83 days for new employer. Have you been able to link it to your gckey?
I have linked it, yeah, it actually had some problems to begin with and I had to message them to tell them I couldn't link it, then they said the issue has been fixed and I would now be able to link it. So I'm wondering if there's issues with the electronic file itself from the get-go.
I honestly am scared to send them a CSE about either of my applications. There is no reason for them to be rejected, I'm just a pessimist by default.

I'm not sure if it's an extension or a new work permit that I applied for, to be honest. I had to get to ISANS and get help (same lady who did my settlement plan pre-endorsement) with the Work Permit forms. I'm capable of filling in forms myself, it's just that by the time the WP application came round I was so exhausted by the process that I couldn't focus on it and was fretting over every answer I put on every form. On IMM 5710 I ticked the box "apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer". Because IEC open work permits can't actually be extended, I have to get an entirely new work permit, which is why I can't continue to work whilst I'm here on implied status waiting for the new one.

We will see what happens!

Reactions: TheNorms

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
I have linked it, yeah, it actually had some problems to begin with and I had to message them to tell them I couldn't link it, then they said the issue has been fixed and I would now be able to link it. So I'm wondering if there's issues with the electronic file itself from the get-go.
I honestly am scared to send them a CSE about either of my applications. There is no reason for them to be rejected, I'm just a pessimist by default.

I'm not sure if it's an extension or a new work permit that I applied for, to be honest. I had to get to ISANS and get help (same lady who did my settlement plan pre-endorsement) with the Work Permit forms. I'm capable of filling in forms myself, it's just that by the time the WP application came round I was so exhausted by the process that I couldn't focus on it and was fretting over every answer I put on every form. On IMM 5710 I ticked the box "apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer". Because IEC open work permits can't actually be extended, I have to get an entirely new work permit, which is why I can't continue to work whilst I'm here on implied status waiting for the new one.

We will see what happens!
I agree with you it’s such a nervous process, I know our nerves are shot we are looking forward to a nice holiday to recove in the summer. I did think you would have to apply for a work permit seeing as your old one isn’t able to be extended. So in that case inland WP applications are currently at 6 weeks, don’t be nervous about sending a CSE. What stage is your PR as I wonder if your PR is very close to being given if they would delay giving the WP? You never know what IRCC could do!

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I agree with you it’s such a nervous process, I know our nerves are shot we are looking forward to a nice holiday to recove in the summer. I did think you would have to apply for a work permit seeing as your old one isn’t able to be extended. So in that case inland WP applications are currently at 6 weeks, don’t be nervous about sending a CSE. What stage is your PR as I wonder if your PR is very close to being given if they would delay giving the WP? You never know what IRCC could do!
Are you guys planning on heading somewhere nice? One great thing about the Maritimes is the proximity to the States! Makes Hawaii much easier to get to than if we were still in the UK ;)

I wonder where I'm at too, because I'm still on implied status I am missing out on a family wedding back in England, which is a bit of a kicker.
My work permit application is in Edmonton and my PR is in Sydney, so I don't know how in cahoots they are about these things, but my employer paid up the fees for the work permit, so if they were keeping me waiting cos PR is close then that's a bit mean of them! :p Last actual email I had was Jan 28th when I got my AOR & medical request. Last update my GCkey saw was I had was medical passed on Feb 3rd, and then when I logged in on March 1st it said "profile updated" but there was no update, and I've had nothing else. So I have no idea!

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
TheNorms: Have you sent them another message enquiring as when you're going to get your PPR? It's bonkers that you're still waiting!

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
TheNorms: Have you sent them another message enquiring as when you're going to get your PPR? It's bonkers that you're still waiting!
I would imagine your PR case is now in Halifax visa office as that is where everyones PR is processed for AIPP, Oh you have a ghost update that’s good, on my second ghost update was when my case was approved. No I haven’t sent another CSE yet as when I called a few weeks ago they said it could come anytime between 3-6 weeks after decision made! We are at 5 weeks on Tuesday....... so frustrating this is worse than waiting for DM.
Oh yeah being so close to the US border is great, we are looking at Florida mainly to visit nasa as our 11 year old daughter is absolutely crazy about space. We will drive down so our dog can come along. That’s bad that you are missing out on family events back in the uk. Keep us updated we really hope you can get back to work soon.

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I would imagine your PR case is now in Halifax visa office as that is where everyones PR is processed for AIPP, Oh you have a ghost update that’s good, on my second ghost update was when my case was approved. No I haven’t sent another CSE yet as when I called a few weeks ago they said it could come anytime between 3-6 weeks after decision made! We are at 5 weeks on Tuesday....... so frustrating this is worse than waiting for DM.
Oh yeah being so close to the US border is great, we are looking at Florida mainly to visit nasa as our 11 year old daughter is absolutely crazy about space. We will drive down so our dog can come along. That’s bad that you are missing out on family events back in the uk. Keep us updated we really hope you can get back to work soon.
Ghost update 10 days ago, I'm not sure what to make of it, my buddy said its because they update GCkey accounts monthly and it'll just be that, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Well that sounds awesome! It'll be such an interesting and beautiful drive, you guys deserve it after all this stress. I've been to NASA centre before myself and it was so interesting and real neat getting to go inside the shuttle, your daughter is going to love it! :D

Reactions: TheNorms

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Ghost update 10 days ago, I'm not sure what to make of it, my buddy said its because they update GCkey accounts monthly and it'll just be that, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Well that sounds awesome! It'll be such an interesting and beautiful drive, you guys deserve it after all this stress. I've been to NASA centre before myself and it was so interesting and real neat getting to go inside the shuttle, your daughter is going to love it! :D

Oh no ghost updates is when an officer is working on your case could be you passed eligibility, that won’t show on gckey until you get COPR, I got my first ghost update on the 24th Jan and then 5th Feb which was DM date. Can’t see you being much longer my AOR date is 28th Dec so you are a month behind me most from the UK are processed pretty quickly. I thought mine could be delayed as I’m ex military but thankfully being from a eye country helped.

Reactions: wardea90

Mehras1991

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am sharing what I've seen others do to get an update from CIC.

You can send a CSE asking for an update, ask them to confirm the following.

- visa office ?
- elegibility ?
- criminality ?
- security ?

This seems to work and folks have found out that it was approved by doing this.

Best of luck
Hi there can you please describe how to send CSE for asking about update?

Thanks

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada

Stone18

Feb 21, 2019
AOR Received.
25-09-2018
Med's Request
22-10-2018
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Just received a PPR email now but a bit confused because there are three emails. The first email is on spam sent at 3:40 which says "URGENT: REQUEST FOR PASSPORT/S". The second email is on primary email and the subject is "Recall:URGENT: REQUEST FOR PASSPORT/S" at 3:41 and the third email is "URGENT: REQUEST FOR PASSPORT/S" at 3:46.

Anyone who experienced this? What does it mean???

Thank you!

Arwaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Just received a PPR email now but a bit confused because there are three emails. The first email is on spam sent at 3:40 which says "URGENT: REQUEST FOR PASSPORT/S". The second email is on primary email and the subject is "Recall:URGENT: REQUEST FOR PASSPORT/S" at 3:41 and the third email is "URGENT: REQUEST FOR PASSPORT/S" at 3:46.

Thank you!
Just follow the instructions ..
And would you please share yours timeline plz

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019

Thank you!
That's so stressful, ugh! But, looks like they've sent a passport request, so I'd just follow whatever instructions are in the most recent email.

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
@TheNorms could you please guide which form (imm-mention numbers please) did you select for your spouse and daughter when filing for WP application? Thank you!