+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At Last ...Passport request Letter..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Marlena and Rasha, Hopefuly you will be done soon. I arrived trembling to the DHL office, they said they will pick it tomorrow, on thursday they have to take it to general security to re-enter the data on their system, and I should be getting it on friday.
I need your advice on something little stupid, my mom want to give me a home made red pepper (it is like a powder),do you think they will say something in the immigration about...please say yes..so I won't take it.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita You make me laugh. Do you know what my mother asked me to bring. Keshek lol!!! I'm sure they will take it away. I'll try but I'm sure about the outcome. So you have nothing to lose bring it and if they don't let you they will let you know.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Boncuk , thank you very much, hope your turn come soon. I still can't believe it till now...
I have lot to do this week.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
rorita_76 said:
hey there, yesterday I checked my email...and there it was..waiting for me. After 14 month, hopefuly that I am done and that nothing will come up. My passport along with the 2 pics are in their way to damscus via DHL, supposely they will receive them tomorrow, or Wednesday morning. the lady in DHL told me that Damascus usualy stamp passport only wednesday, so I am crossing my finger...My heart is still working double shift till today..:)))

Here is the text of the letter:
REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send ORIGINAL valid passport for yourself to our office in Damascus, Syria. Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passports MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter. You are strongly encouraged to send your passport via courier to avoid wait times at the Embassy.

EXPECTED VISA EXPIRY DATE: 13 February 2010

If a visa is issued, it will be given the MAXIMUM VALIDITY of 13 February 2010 OR the expiry date of your passport whichever date comes first. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed.

SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT VIA COURRIER:

Please send your passport via commercial courier to:

Visa Section
Canadian Embassy
Autostrade Mezze
Lot 12, Near Alrazi Hospital
Damascus, Syria
(963-11) 611-6692

If you have submitted your application at the Embassy of Canada in Beirut, Your passport must be submitted directly to the Embassy of Canada in Beirut at the address below:
43 Jal el Dib Highway, Coolrite Building
P.O. Box 60163
Beirut, Lebanon

Telephone: (961-4) 713-900 / 710-576
Fax: (961-4) 710-594
Email: berut-im@international.gc.ca

Please note that the service hours of our embassy in Beirut are as follows
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 11:00 (by appointment only)
Monday to Thursday: 13:00 – 15:00 (general inquiries and submission of additional documents)

Please enclose the following:
- Original passport for yourself
- 2 recent photos (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for yourself
- If you prefer to send and receive your passport by courier it is your responsibility to make the appropriate arrangements with the company of your choice. The Embassy of Canada neither requires nor recommends that you use any particular courier; we have no special arrangements with any courier company. We have been informed that many courier companies are not able to deliver passports from Iran to the Embassy in Damascus; however, several applicants have reported that Aramex was able to send and receive passports with no apparent difficulty.

SUBMIT PASSPORT IN PERSON IN DAMASCUS:

Alternatively, you can approach the Canadian Embassy in Damascus with valid passport and two recent photos (35 mm X 45 mm, white background) for yourself.

Passports may be submitted Sunday to Tuesday from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. You will NOT be able to collect your Passport/Visa the same day. Passport/Visa can only be collected on Wednesdays at 2:30 pm. When you submit your passport, you will be informed of the return date and time.

Please present this email to the guards when you arrive. If you arrive late, you will be required to wait in the queue to submit your documents.

**NOTE: You can authorise a third person to collect your visa. The authorised person must present a letter of consent (see below) and identification.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section
Dear Rorita

Congratulations. And all the best for the future.

I need your help on a matter. Could you kindly share the last part of the letter you have received under

***NOTE: You can authorise a third person to collect your visa. The authorised person must present a letter of consent (see below) and identification.

Please print the contents of the letter of consent and identification.
I will be very thankful to you for your help.

Regards.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey singh123 , Thank you and good luck for you too.
here is the authorization letter. but I guess you can not use it individual like this, you need the entire email with it

LETTER OF AUTHORISATION

I, , hereby authorise ____________________ to collect my Canadian Visa(s) and/or submit/collect other documents from the Canadian Embassy, Damascus on my behalf. Please be informed that the authorised person holds Id/Passport Number _______________ and is a ____________ citizen.

Date: _____/_____/_____

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Rorita

Many thanks for your promptness in answering my request. I agree I can not use it but just wanted an outline of the consent letter and should things come to someone else submitting and collecting passport on by behalf I will have a idea as to what needs to be on the consent form.

God Bless you and good luck

Regards.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita I'm sure you are packing and you are very busy....
Boujasim when you are leaving?????
Boncuk, Rasha, how's things with you....
Me I am aliveeeeee :0)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, where have you been, hope things are good with you.
In fact I will start packing next monday , I am traveling Thursday in the night, I will arrive Toronto at 1:00 afternoon I guess.
Did you send the document to Damascus?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Oh my God, I just notice that 1579 person has checked this post..:)) I hope I made some people feel better that in the end , they will get their visa whatever happens with them or how long it will take, as long as their are honest, and working hard to get their visa.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
My husband is translating the letter to Arabic but it's really going to look like he's the one wrote the arabic and translated to English. I guess once that completed they will be sent to Damascus by DHL.
Other than that everything else is completed. I have sent to him LOTS of additional proof with one of my friends who is going for a visit and he had received them yesterday. A huge file that I had added for him just in case. He was so happy especially with the 73 questions that I had prepared just in case if he had an interview.

I guess now it's a matter of waiting. By the middle of next month I'm ordering CAIPS to see what's going on.

I'm sure you must be excited to leave Lebanon and be with your husband but at the same time it's a mix emotion since you are leaving your parents as well.

Who you are flying with???? I wish a safe trip and log more often to your msn so we can chat!!!! Bring a lot of goodies from Lebanon and the good weather as well.

God bless you!!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Marlena for all your wishes, I will continue praying for you and the other, and I am sure that everyone will get his visa in the end, when you feel down, think that I have been waiting since 14 month my visa, and 10 month away from my husband, and God has given me more than I deserve.
Today I received my passport and the COPR along with information paper about Canada.
I will be flying with Lufthansa from Lebanon to Frankfurt, then from there to Toronto with Air Canada, for, as she said when I called here , for 995$ , one way, economy class.
Tomorrow I will go to confirm my registration and give them the passport so they bring me the Germany transfer Visa.
As you said it is a mixed emotion, not only for my parent, but also for my friends, everyone got used to me very much, since I wasn't working, and I was always ready for any party or go out or something...but who said life is fair, an who said that you can get a full package, everything in this life has it's own price.
I will keep connecting with you and the other here on this forum, and on Windows messenger. As much as I have time in the future, I will keep checking this forum and try to help new people here like other people has done with me when I was in the dark, and didn’t know anything about immigration.
God bless you and your husband, and concerning the weather, well, I have been melting this week, it is about 35 C degree with I guess 100% humidity...it is good for people who wants to loose weight, but not for me...so I am dying right now to feel the cool weather in Canada and even the snow...I love the snow….and I miss it.

Have a nice day, talk to you soon

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
I want to say Congrats to you Rorita!!! I also live in Windsor so I hope you will like it. I am expected to have my baby July 5th...and still my husbands file is in backround check from Nairobi Kenya:(..I hope he comes soon...even if it's after the baby. I wish you a safe trip!! and congrats again! You give me hope:)