+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to come pick up PR card in person

Mahdieh_T

Jul 23, 2019
Hi,
Does anybody know how long it takes between receiving the letter to pick up my PR card and the appointment?

salahuddin2

May 1, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-09-2017
Hello all,
I have received letter from IRCC to collect PR card from Etobicoke on 10th Nov 2022. However I am outside Canada and cannot meet this deadline.
Please tell if some one was able to reshcule the appointement and how ? my case is H&C and not meeting the RO.. and have been asked to come in person inteview.
are there chances that i wont get a PR card ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I have received letter from IRCC to collect PR card from Etobicoke on 10th Nov 2022. However I am outside Canada and cannot meet this deadline.
Please tell if some one was able to reshcule the appointement and how ? my case is H&C and not meeting the RO.. and have been asked to come in person inteview.
You are afraid of being reported, but yet you applied to get the PR card? Your case is H&C, so you should be applying for a PRTD from outside Canada. Once you have a PRTD, use it to enter Canada and you would have chances to get a PR card.

Reactions: armoured

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hello all,
When did you apply for renewal?

salahuddin2

May 1, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-09-2017
You are afraid of being reported, but yet you applied to get the PR card? Your case is H&C, so you should be applying for a PRTD from outside Canada. Once you have a PRTD, use it to enter Canada and you would have chances to get a PR card.
I am outside Canada and will be entering via USA land border.
The letter says that your PR card is generated however I will have to showcase all H&C documents and go through the interview. As i will be leaving behind my kids so I have to return in 2 days ..... the whole challenge is time... I have a time slot of just 2 days that i can spend in Canada for PR collection and then i have return to attend my kids.

So curious about the following:
1- If all goes good, will I be able to collect the PR the same day ?
2- If i do not showup; then will i be able to schedule the appointment with in 2-3 months (as PR will be destroyed after 180 days)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am outside Canada and will be entering via USA land border.
The letter says that your PR card is generated however I will have to showcase all H&C documents and go through the interview. As i will be leaving behind my kids so I have to return in 2 days ..... the whole challenge is time... I have a time slot of just 2 days that i can spend in Canada for PR collection and then i have return to attend my kids.

So curious about the following:
1- If all goes good, will I be able to collect the PR the same day ?
2- If i do not showup; then will i be able to schedule the appointment with in 2-3 months (as PR will be destroyed after 180 days)
I doubt anyone can tell you for certain on either question. Yes, there is a possibility you will be given the card the same day, but not a guarantee. I have not seen any reports on how long it can take to reschedule an appointment.

You should know that I don't believe you are guaranteed to have no issues at the border, and that there is a high probability the officer interviewing you at the appointment will know about that entry (and whatever other notes an officer may put on your file).

Since they have gone to the trouble of schedulign an interview, they may find that (what seems to be) your lack of presence and settling in Canada, lack of ties and (evident) plan to depart again are not things that support a positive H&C determination. I've no idea what will actually happen though.