+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

arriving in Canada before classes but after acquiring visa

Alireza77

Dec 15, 2018
alright . How many months earlier did you go there?
Before my university 5 months but I enrolled in a language college full time. I also had a place to live and good bank statement and I showed them to the officer at the border.

harman_preet_Singh

Jan 7, 2019
Only a border officer at POE could give you an answer.

What situation? Your classes start in September 2014 now. Why do you need to go to Canada in the end of MAY?
Hi,
My classes will start on May 6, 2019.
Can I go there on April 20, 2019 ?
Is it fine to go 16-17 days advance in new rules?

@ram

Mar 23, 2019
Ho, My first course will complete in April 2019 & I have taken next course in September 2019. Can I work full time during this time? I have visa & study permit till August 2019.
If I want to go to India for 10 days in may can I go or not is it any problem when I come back? What documents I need when I go india or come back to Canada? Plz helo

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
my classes start from 3rd sept then how much time before can I go there??
There is no written rule. I seen quoted a month. Just make sure you have more than enough money to live on, as in accommodation etc. Officer may ask you why you have came early. I came a month early and didn't get quizzed about coming early. As a new student you will almost certainly be sent to secondary though.

harman_preet_Singh

Jan 7, 2019
but i want to go one month before
Do you have somebody from blood relation in Canada?
If yes, than you can say to immigration officer that you will stay there and settle down in city.
If you don’t have than officer will doubt on you whether you came for study or any other purpose or you have to show extra funds to foster your expenses for advance one month. Moreover if you want to work also ,you can only work when your classes will begin.
There are many cases I heard that they send students back home who fail to prove their credibility.
But safe is to travel10-15 days prior to semester begin.
Rest is your Call

harman_preet_Singh

Jan 7, 2019
Lots of people (including me) have went a lot earlier than that and had not trouble. As long as you have the money and a plan, it's ok.
I understand that lot of people are going 2 months advance also.
But safe side...
Moreover In my contacts 10 people are going for may 2019 intake and all are going 10 -16 days advance because their Consultants have warned them not to go much early.
But it is true there is no written rule.

Mishu9804

Feb 10, 2018
Hello, I've applied to York university for Sept 2019 and got Visa approved before 12 hours. I've booked my ticket of 22nd June, so is it okay to travel two month prior to intake? I've my grandfather there who's gonna sponsor me for rest of my studies so my accomodation things are cleared rest I'm gonna bring 2000$ too so will it get any problem while immigration during landing over there? Please I'm scared because I've heard few stories that students were deported and also they have brought only $400-$600.

Mar 23, 2019
h
I understand that lot of people are going 2 months advance also.
But safe side...
Moreover In my contacts 10 people are going for may 2019 intake and all are going 10 -16 days advance because their Consultants have warned them not to go much early.
But it is true there is no written rule.
hii . my classes start on 3 sept nd i booked my ticket of 7 august. can it make no trouble for me to arrive there ??? is it safe ?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
h
hii . my classes start on 3 sept nd i booked my ticket of 7 august. can it make no trouble for me to arrive there ??? is it safe ?
As long as you have enough money to support yourself as you cannot work, it is fine. Be prepared to answer a question from the officer about it though.

eluna

Dec 25, 2021
Hi All! Good day!
Can I come to Canada 2 months earlier before the September Intake begin? I was planning to travel in July 1, 2022, since medical was expiring on July 6, 2022 as indicated on my LOI. Is it a valid reason when asked by an officer at the border?

Hope someone can enlighten me with my situation. Thank you.

Last edited: