+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

arriving in Canada before classes but after acquiring visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can be in an account. Savings for al living expenses can be in the same account. If living in Vancouver or Toronto 10K will probably not get you through the year.

MikeyMikeDude

Oct 3, 2018
I read on Quora that probably a $1000 Cad can get you through the month including rent + food + transport if you watch your spending.

What's your take on a monthly budget ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read on Quora that probably a $1000 Cad can get you through the month including rent + food + transport if you watch your spending.

What's your take on a monthly budget ?
Would be tough in Vancouver but probably doable in Toronto if you rent a room and don't live in the periphery of Toronto. The issue is that doesn't include flights and stuff like books or course supplies that ca be expensive. Rent will be the big issue.

MikeyMikeDude

Oct 3, 2018
Yes I agree rent is a big issue, it's expensive in Vancouver. As for me I made a separate budget for that (Flights), so I don't include it in my expenses when I get to Canada, as for supplies that's included in tuition. Main things to look at would be rent + food + transport + any extras.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I agree rent is a big issue, it's expensive in Vancouver. As for me I made a separate budget for that (Flights), so I don't include it in my expenses when I get to Canada, as for supplies that's included in tuition. Main things to look at would be rent + food + transport + any extras.
Books included into tuition. That must be a new think because they used to be $1000+ for university.

amirbzr

Jan 27, 2019
How much earlier a student can go to Canada after acquiring a visa? My classes will begin in September 2014 and I have already got a visa. Can I fly two and a half month before my classes even started?
Hi there,
I've read all comments in this regard and I have the same question. The point is I wanted to come 5 month earlier but now I got worry about the officer's decision in the airport.
Would you please let me know what happened in the end?
How many month earlier I can enter Canada?

Thanks

Alireza77

Dec 15, 2018
Hi there,
I've read all comments in this regard and I have the same question. The point is I wanted to come 5 month earlier but now I got worry about the officer's decision in the airport.
Would you please let me know what happened in the end?
How many month earlier I can enter Canada?

Thanks
Hi did you go to Canada 5 months earlier? What happened?