+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

arriving in Canada before classes but after acquiring visa

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
hey there guys i just called the cic to make sure about this

They said it is okay to come at any time as long as your visa on the passport is valid at the time to make an entry which is your case raqi

but they also said they can't gurantee anything it is still up to the border officer!

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Regina said:
it took you a page of our answers and a call to CIC to get it? Why did not you call CIC right away?
because they blocked calling from outside canada so i had to ask a friend to call them from inside..

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
selimulated said:
hey there guys i just called the cic to make sure about this

They said it is okay to come at any time as long as your visa on the passport is valid at the time to make an entry which is your case raqi

but they also said they can't gurantee anything it is still up to the border officer!
This is what it comes down to in the end....

Three things can happen:
1) The issue the SP and let you in
2) They tell you to come back closer to the date classes start (heard of this happening on the forum)
3) They cancel your visa and say you are not a genuine student (I personally know of someone this happened to--he tried to come in 4 months ahead of classes starting)

You also have to remember the changes coming in for June 2014---you do not require a Off Campus Work Permit anymore; which will make the border officers even more concerned that you are coming in early to start working illegally (it would be ILLEGAL work because under the new rules you cannot start working until the 1st day of classes)

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
romulojoc said:
Wow, Regina, you need to relax
Haha...but regina is the best over here!

selimulated

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Regina said:
Well, you are NOT entitled to get answers here, right? So you SHOULD be polite and think about other people time and efforts.
i think i didn't promise you anything so yea you need to relax i'm not the bf :p

Uchi12

Jul 1, 2017
How much earlier a student can go to Canada after acquiring a visa? My classes will begin in September 2014 and I have already got a visa. Can I fly two and a half month before my classes even started?
Did u go 2 months before?? I'm in a somewhat same situation

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have the studing visa of canada .... and my classes are starting from 2 january ........can i enter in canada on 1st week of october because its my sister birthday on 9th october and i have not seen her for 2year .... she is now on her work permit visa and has completed her studies
Provided you can show that you can support yourself financially no reason why not given you cannot work at all until your classes start so showing the finance side is key.

Sahil Bansal

Dec 18, 2017
Hlo guys, I am worry about the questions would be ask by the immigration officers. Actually my classes will start from 7 may but I am going on 1st MArch. What should I say If they will ask that why do I came 2 months earlier.

Vais

May 15, 2018
Hlo guys, I am worry about the questions would be ask by the immigration officers. Actually my classes will start from 7 may but I am going on 1st MArch. What should I say If they will ask that why do I came 2 months earlier.
Did they asked anything to you ?