Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

vinilkhanna

May 23, 2018
How much earlier a student can go to Canada after acquiring a visa? My classes will begin in September 2014 and I have already got a visa. Can I fly two and a half month before my classes even started?

have you faced any problm . . . while flying two mnths before

vinilkhanna

May 23, 2018
i initiated this thread and up to now, I have received mix reviews regarding my queery. I just thought to provide some more details regarding my case.
I applied for student visa in June 2013, during the processing, the embassy took unexpected long time to process my case. by the end of September, my visa was issued but my classes were started. The embassy asked me for a deferral letter and my university suggested that, you will be eligible next year in 2014. On 6 may I received a renewed admission letter and my classes are about to begin in September 2014. I am planning to travel by the end of the end of this month. My visa was stamped in 2013 but i was waiting for a renewed admission letter for fall 2014 intake. Can i travel 2.5 months before my classes in this situation? please advice. As i have already waited for 8 months despite having a valid visa to travel. Now I have a valid visa and official admission letter from a state university.

have you faced any problems while traveling

vinilkhanna

May 23, 2018
Hlo guys, I am worry about the questions would be ask by the immigration officers. Actually my classes will start from 7 may but I am going on 1st MArch. What should I say If they will ask that why do I came 2 months earlier.

you reached Canada??? how many months before start of classes you visited Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My classes will b from 14 jan nd orientation is on 8 jan 2019
Will it b safe to go by 15Nov 2018?
That's pretty early. You can't work until our classes start. You will be asked why you need to arrive so early and to show that you have the extra funds to support yourself over the 8 weeks on top of the school year.

Kawal999

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
That's pretty early. You can't work until our classes start. You will be asked why you need to arrive so early and to show that you have the extra funds to support yourself over the 8 weeks on top of the school year.
Not even complete 2mnths are there

vinilkhanna

May 23, 2018
My classes will b from 14 jan nd orientation is on 8 jan 2019
Will it b safe to go by 15Nov 2018?
bro yes you can go by 15 nov.....but they may ask you that how will you manage your expenses . before classes start.. so there is no issue just u hv to take sufficient funds with you in addition to gic. it can be cash or forex card

Kawal999

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
bro yes you can go by 15 nov.....but they may ask you that how will you manage your expenses . before classes start.. so there is no issue just u hv to take sufficient funds with you in addition to gic. it can be cash or forex card
Thanks alot :)
Any idea how mch extra shud we carry in that case?

MikeyMikeDude

Oct 3, 2018
How much do you think they'd like to see if you are to arrive this early ?

I know Gic is $10k, when you say in addition to Gic, should it be in the account as well?

Reactions: Kawal999