+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

mhteg2

Feb 26, 2020
Vancouver
Is there a way to find the IME number for when my girlfriend did her medical before she first arrived to Canada in June 2019?
Just got request for medical but I think she is exempt because she is currently in Canada and her last medical was less than 5 years ago.
Hi everyone

I checked the application status in portal and it says "October 29, 2021 you passed the medical exam." We didn't submit a medical exam or IME. But we did receive a request for medical email yesterday.

My girlfriend arrived in Canada in 2019 so she that is when she did the medical exam. Is it possible for IRCC to automatically check and see that it was done in the last 5 years and that she is currently in Canada?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi everyone

I checked the application status in portal and it says "October 29, 2021 you passed the medical exam." We didn't submit a medical exam or IME. But we did receive a request for medical email yesterday.

My girlfriend arrived in Canada in 2019 so she that is when she did the medical exam. Is it possible for IRCC to automatically check and see that it was done in the last 5 years and that she is currently in Canada?

Thanks everyone.
It is. Ircc find her medical in system and just uploaded. One step less for y :) . Look at that from bright side

Reactions: mhteg2

manasdhal

May 12, 2017
Hi All,

In profile it is showing Medical approved. But got a physical letter today for Medical reminder and fee reminder. Though fee has been paid in full. The letter says “proof if completion of medical along with the letter must be sent to this office”. So do I have to do the medical and send the report along with the letter to IRCC by post or upload in the profile ?

Thanks

Cheeky12

Sep 28, 2021
Hi everyone

Thanks everyone.
If it says passed you don't have to do it again unless they send you paperworks in the portal to do it with an IME number. If you have received a reminder of medical exam and pr fees its just a generic email to everyone. Just pay the pr fees if you haven't yet

Reactions: mhteg2

Cheeky12

Sep 28, 2021
Hi all, i recieved my ECoPR yesterday. Hope you will get through the process very soon. Just hang in there. Here's my timeline.

Immigration statuses :
Received: April 9th Temporary AOR (XF #): May 27
AOR (F #): Oct 3
Biometric and medical exempted: October 4th
Background check started processing since then.
Medical and PR Fee reminder (generic form email): Oct 12 (note was already done medical and biometric in 2019)
Updated to Reviewing Eligibility: Oct 29
Pre-Arrival Services Letter: Oct 30
Portal Invitation: Oct 31
Replies with details: Oct 31
Portal invitation (reminder) -2nd November, 2021 Credentials of PR portal- 3rd November' 21
ECoPR- 4th November '21

manasdhal

May 12, 2017
If it says passed you don't have to do it again unless they send you paperworks in the portal to do it with an IME number. If you have received a reminder of medical exam and pr fees its just a generic email to everyone. Just pay the pr fees if you haven't yet
Thanks for the response. However I called a panel physician and they are saying that I need to do an upfront medical and they will give me an IME number. But in GCKEY portal I don’t have an option to upload any document. What should I do ?
Thanks

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Thanks for the response. However I called a panel physician and they are saying that I need to do an upfront medical and they will give me an IME number. But in GCKEY portal I don’t have an option to upload any document. What should I do ?
Thanks
When y login your account you should have a link in the upper screen "View submitted application or upload documents" Just Bellow "Application status and messages"

Sentasi

Apr 4, 2021
Hi,

I was wondering, i gave my biometrics on October 29, later that day the status changed from "we need your fingerprints.." to "we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."

Is that normal? Shouldn't it change to completed or something like that? It does show the biometrics number etc at the bottom of my profile.

Thanks

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi,

I was wondering, i gave my biometrics on October 29, later that day the status changed from "we need your fingerprints.." to "we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes."

Is that normal? Shouldn't it change to completed or something like that? It does show the biometrics number etc at the bottom of my profile.

Thanks
It is normal.

cooky4ya

Apr 30, 2021
Hi guys,
today, I got a ghost update in gckey. They're reviewing the eligibility. What will happen next? :0

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi guys,
today, I got a ghost update in gckey. They're reviewing the eligibility. What will happen next? :0
usually when y got your AOR steps should be.
Criminal, security, and information is done in the background and no info in which stage you are
Medic
Biometic
Eligibility ( if everything is OK y and your sponsor should get so-called pass eligibility, usually send by mail but some ppl get snail mail. In case of PA it is AIP, approve in principal )
Pre arrive letter ( but not everyone gets one it will show up in IRCC Portal )
If everything is OK in Ecas y should have info instead "in-process" change to Decision Made . After that sit down and wait for a portal invitation, usually, it takes one to seven days. After that try to have a nice picture of yourself since it has to be approved by IRCC for your PR card. It may happen that y have an online interview, PA, and sponsor, but not everyone. I assume depending on your case.

One more thing regarding IRCC portal. After the eligibility msg change to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" you should get pre arrival letter and no more updates on IRCC portal, so do not be confused. In eCAS happening change from in process to decision made

Those are steps but the order could be totally different. Check on the forum some ppl have in signature their way, timeline, to PR and y will see that orders were totally different.
God luck !!

Last edited:
Reactions: cooky4ya and mhteg2

cooky4ya

Apr 30, 2021
usually when y got your AOR steps should be.
Criminal, security, and information is done in the background and no info in which stage you are
Medic
Biometic
Eligibility ( if everything is OK y and your sponsor should get so-called pass eligibility, usually send by mail but some ppl get snail mail. In case of PA it is AIP, approve in principal )
Pre arrive letter ( but not everyone gets one it will show up in IRCC Portal )
If everything is OK in Ecas y should have info instead "in-process" change to Decision Made . After that sit down and wait for a portal invitation, usually, it takes one to seven days. After that try to have a nice picture of yourself since it has to be approved by IRCC for your PR card. It may happen that y have an online interview, PA, and sponsor, but not everyone. I assume depending on your case.

One more thing regarding IRCC portal. After the eligibility msg change to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" you should get pre arrival letter and no more updates on IRCC portal, so do not be confused. In eCAS happening change from in process to decision made

Those are steps but the order could be totally different. Check on the forum some ppl have in signature their way, timeline, to PR and y will see that orders were totally different.
God luck !!
Thank you so much!

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Can AIP come before the background check is completed? We just got a request for a police certificate from Colombia which is going to take weeks if not months.