+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

marcello81

Apr 30, 2021
Thank you ! Surely going to do that.

And any thoughts on if I should make changes before I resubmit the OWP as per instructions? Maybe add the proof of application for restoration of status ? Or a new and updated forms ?
Just pay the fee and resend the package as they requested. After that apply for the restoration of status. When you apply for the restoration, one of the questions is if and when you have applied for any other VISA/PR.... So they will know that you have applied for PR and restoration, no need to inform them.

Reactions: Nshilu

Nshilu

Nov 10, 2021
Just pay the fee and resend the package as they requested. After that apply for the restoration of status. When you apply for the restoration, one of the questions is if and when you have applied for any other VISA/PR.... So they will know that you have applied for PR and restoration, no need to inform them.
Awesome :) Thanks a lot !

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
*OWP application returned*

Hello everyone,
I need some urgent help with a peculiar situation.

I applied for my wife's inland spousal sponsorship + OWP in April 2021. We received the OWP application returned to us in mail due to insufficient processing fees. The letter attached specifically states that "The entire package, including all the requested documents/information referenced in the above and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to : xxxxx"

My wife visitor visa (6 months expired towards end of September 2021).

My question here is - should we apply for restoration of visitor status first and then submit a new application for OWP or just return the package received after attaching the missing information (as per instruction) ? Does this qualify under request for additional documents/more information ?

I would really appreciate if someone can provide insights for this situation.

Note: The inland PR application is underway and we completed the "Medical Passed" stage on October 20th.
IF y are worried that your wife will be out of status. Read this .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/immigration-refugee-protection-act-spousal-policy.html

In case of y have an issue opening a link just google
Public Policy Under A25(1) of IRPA to Facilitate Processing in accordance with the Regulations of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class

Check if y fit into this policy, just to be on the safe side. In case they do not restore visitor status

Last edited:

Nshilu

Nov 10, 2021
IF y are worried that your wife will be out of status. Read this .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/immigration-refugee-protectiof-act-spousal-policy.html

Check if y fit into this policy, just to be on the safe side. In case they do not restore visitor status
Hi @MRQ thank you for your response. Appreciate it. Unfortunately the link does not work, would you be able to re-share it ?

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi @MRQ thank you for your response. Appreciate it. Unfortunately, the link does not work, would you be able to re-share it?
For some reason, it does not work. Just google
Public Policy Under A25(1) of IRPA to Facilitate Processing in accordance with the Regulations of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class

This is Min. act to IRCC

1. Purpose
The Minister has established a public policy under subsection 25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), setting the criteria under which spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who do not have legal immigration status will be assessed for permanent residence. The objective of this policy is to facilitate family reunification and facilitate processing in cases where spouses and common-law partners are already living together in Canada.

w_york

Jun 28, 2021
The process is finally over for me! I got my PR card in the mail sometime this week :) You can find my entire timeline below. Truly wish everyone the best and hope the wait is over for you all soon ❤

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
Decision made on ecas today and a message sent in GIC that I cannot see because the website seems to be down. I'm excited... is this probably sponsor approval?

Reactions: Tobi21

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Decision made on ecas today and a message sent in GIC that I cannot see because the website seems to be down. I'm excited... is this probably sponsor approval?
It should be. Portal is down , techical issues.

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
I finally got in to check, and it's the invitation to pre-arrival services! So... sponsor approval and AIP soon, I hope! They still haven't gotten her medical results yet, but her xrays happened yesterday, so hopefully it should go through this week.

Oh, and they have stared reviewing her eligibility today too.

Reactions: Tobi21

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
I finally got in to check, and it's the invitation to pre-arrival services! So... sponsor approval and AIP soon, I hope! They still haven't gotten her medical results yet, but her xrays happened yesterday, so hopefully it should go through this week.

Oh, and they have stared reviewing her eligibility today too.
You can expect SA and AIP, soon, before medical approval. Even the document state "Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time.

Last edited: