+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hello Tobi, congrat in your PR, please I wanna know for how long did you meet your spouse or how long were you married before you submitted your app, did they ever asked for additional document. I met my wife in 2019 November , got engaged in the summer of 2020, we got married after one year November 2020. One year after knowing each other and had a baby, submitted app 2021 September. We had a lot of proof tho but still scared.
Hi there,

As long as your relationship is true and you have evidence to prove it. My husband and I met online only in May 2018. We met personally in February 2020.
January 2021 I came here and Canada to be with him. We got married here in March 2021 and applied for inland spouse sponsorship in April 2021. MY PR got approved in November 2021. We submitted a letter about our relationship, pictures during videocalls "good thing we have screenshots of our video calls", pictures with our families, and wedding photos and social media posts from both of us and from friends & families.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi there,

As long as your relationship is true and you have evidence to prove it. My husband and I met online only in May 2018. We met personally in February 2020.
January 2021 I came here and Canada to be with him. We got married here in March 2021 and applied for inland spouse sponsorship in April 2021. MY PR got approved in November 2021. We submitted a letter about our relationship, pictures during videocalls "good thing we have screenshots of our video calls", pictures with our families, and wedding photos and social media posts from both of us and from friends & families.
Hi thank you for this info, but which country are you from and was it just court marriage you did? thank you

Tobi21

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
Hello Tobi, congrat in your PR, please I wanna know for how long did you meet your spouse or how long were you married before you submitted your app, did they ever asked for additional document. I met my wife in 2019 November , got engaged in the summer of 2020, we got married after one year November 2020. One year after knowing each other and had a baby, submitted app 2021 September. We had a lot of proof tho but still scared.
Hi
Thank you! Our timeline is almost similar to yours. We met Summer 2019. Got engaged Feb 2020. Spouse arrived here with the compassionate exemption for partners/fiancés Jan 2021. Applied for visa extension, OWP, and PR April 2021. No dependants or baby. We submitted lots of our WhatsApp chats, phone records, pictures with family members during engagement and introduction(as per Nigerian culture), pictures of traditional marriage, and weddings. Lots of family members in the pictures supporting both sides, letters of support of union from both parents and brothers, and close friend. Also include copies of marriage license, bills (utility or phone bill that has both names). Hope this helps

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hi thank you for this info, but which country are you from and was it just court marriage you did? thank you
My husband and I are both from the Philippines but he's already a Canadian citizen. Our wedding was conducted by a wedding commissioner here in Canada and we only have 10 guests because of the Covid restrictions that time, even our family was not present.

Tobi21

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
Ok..mine is also at mississauga..m waiting for Copr ..so maybe more days
Remember my portal email first came Nov 2021 and then Dec 2021 though I responded, there was no answer. But after I submitted a webform and se t an email directly to the portal, I got the credentials in days. Remember for the email, put the word "online" and state application number as your subject