+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi everyone! We are sitting at 49 days since application received but no signs of an AOR1 yet. It seems as though everyone before and after us are all getting their AOR's so I'm stressing a bit...I tried linking with GCKey using Family Name and DOB but no luck. Does anyone have any advice on how to get a status update on our application?
Took me 56 days for aor

pankaj.bitmesra

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Hi Guys, Below is my timeline, can someplease please help me understand the concern, I just checked ECAS today ans its showing DECISION MADE and when I open it, the last step I see is Medical results have been recieved. Also in GC KEY its still showing background check in progress.

Can someone please tell me what could this signify?

File Received : 3rd April 2019
AOR - 11 May 2019
Biometrics Request - 23 May 2019
Biometrics Completed - 24 May 2019 ( Showing in system now)
Sponsorship Approval Email - 24 May 2019
Medical Request - 25 May 2019.
Medical Given- 29th May 2019
Medical Passed - 9th June 2019
Moved to Visa Office (CPC Mississauga) - 31st May
Decision Made (ECAS)- 13th June
Congratulations. You will soon receive PPR.
Please update the tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=410172512

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I have completed my application process and I know when it starts. That sponsor approval was in reference to the person asking about PR’s heading out of Canada, and I told them its advisable to stay in Canada for the early part of the process (Until Sponsor Approval). After which a short 2 week vacation would be fine.

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
I have completed my application process and I know when it starts. That sponsor approval was in reference to the person asking about PR’s heading out of Canada, and I told them its advisable to stay in Canada for the early part of the process (Until Sponsor Approval). After which a short 2 week vacation would be fine.
Oh gotcha! Sorry buddy. And yeah because of your advise I’m not going to take my 2 week trip to india. I’d rather wait for my spouse to come here than taking any chances.

rrumzy

Jun 13, 2019
my timeline
PA: india
File Received : 26th April 2019
AOR - 10th june 2019

I just received my citizenship recently[after submitting sponsorship application], I am planning to go back home for a few weeks. my question is "do I have to inform CIC about receiving my citizenship?".
i read in the forum about travel restrictions for PR.

ets0822

Jun 13, 2019
Call IRCC and ask them about the status of your application referring sponsor’s name date of birth and Receipt number (Fees you paid). They’ll let you know if its being returned or if its waiting to be opened by the officer. You can also ask if they can provide you with a temporary application number but its at their discretion to give it if they can.
Do you know a way to get through to the IRCC outside of Canada? We currently reside in the USA and the toll free number isn't working (which, tbh, was expected)...perhaps I should just take this as a test in patience and wait a week or so...

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Application received: April 25
AOR 1: June 8
Biometric request: June 13

Can anyone tell me how long it would usually take to get a Medical exam request? Neither of these services are available in my wife's hometown. She needs to travel far to get these done. Just wondering if she could combine both on the same day.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Application received: April 25
AOR 1: June 8
Biometric request: June 13

Can anyone tell me how long it would usually take to get a Medical exam request? Neither of these services are available in my wife's hometown. She needs to travel far to get these done. Just wondering if she could combine both on the same day.
After BR, Medical Request and SA will come soon.

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
After BR, Medical Request and SA will come soon.
i got my medical before BR, is that something that happens?

i should note that my wife did give BR when she applied for visitor visa but it specifically states on the form we got that we cant use that biometric for PR applications

JulietJarden

Star Member
May 23, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-04-2019
Received Biometrics request today! Yay!

(Unfortunately can’t get an appointment for 2 weeks)

Has anyone walked in for biometrics in the USA?

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
is there really any main difference in ecas/gkey?
can i use ecas to check all my updates until wife receives PR?

reason i ask is cause i got a rep so only 1 can link to gkey.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Do you know a way to get through to the IRCC outside of Canada? We currently reside in the USA and the toll free number isn't working (which, tbh, was expected)...perhaps I should just take this as a test in patience and wait a week or so...
+1 613 944-4000 Thats ministry o external affairs. But you need to have an application number to get through unfortunately.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
is there really any main difference in ecas/gkey?
can i use ecas to check all my updates until wife receives PR?

reason i ask is cause i got a rep so only 1 can link to gkey.
GCKey gives detailed view of Principal Applicant’s side of the processing (Medical completion date, Bio Status, BGC and Eligibility in process status). You can’t link though because of the rep. Stick to ECAS. Ask your rep to give you details on what GCKey says.