+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

CA_from_Seattle

Sep 29, 2019
Although I haven't received AIP yet. Will they request additional documents like proof of relationship or proof of cohabitation? Just want to understand and be prepared.
Does this step (i.e additional document request) comes before OR after SA / AIP? Any thoughts please.

Maybe?

"eligibility to sponsor your spouse" is "SA"

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
I had an interview yesterday and havent got refund yet. I was thinking about apply for refund a week later.
Thanks "livinginwinnipeg" and "CA_from_Seattle" for your response.

Received an email from CIC today stating that I meet the eligibility requirements and my application is complete. The IRCC will contact me for finalization. Am so excited :):)

Is this the AIP email?

Reactions: Janice Bond

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
PR Application Received: May 24, 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: May 30, 2019
OWP returned: June 15th, 2019
OWP sent: June 16th, 2019
OWP Received: June 19th, 2019
OWP Approval: September 16th, 2019
OWP Received: September 19th, 2019
Medical Request: October 11th, 2019
Medicals Completed: October 18th, 2019
Medical Results Received: **NA**
Sponsor Eligibility Approval: **NA**

Background Check: started October 23rd, 2019

Interview invitation: **NA**
PR Approval: **NA**

OWP received, but was never able to link it to online application.
Haven’t received PA approval.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Hello guys,
I have a question, why only my husband (sponsor) received email that you meet eligibility to sponsor your spouse or common law partner, in Friday but I still didn’t receive anything, can someone tell me what’s next,,
Thanks
It depends on your case, if you haven’t received AIP, maybe they’ll ask you for more proof, they haven't checked everything or they are just working slow. For example, my partner received SA (DM) and I received AIP because they were satisfy with all the documents provided in the application package, they didn’t ask for anything else. But I haven’t received DM (Decision made) on my side because we’re waiting for the Canadian embassy in Mexico to send the Mexican police certificate.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi
I want to know one thing
When we get invitation about landing interview do we get email or we get letter at our home address ??

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
It depends on your case, if you haven’t received AIP, maybe they’ll ask you for more proof, they haven't checked everything or they are just working slow. For example, my partner received SA (DM) and I received AIP because they were satisfy with all the documents provided in the application package, they didn’t ask for anything else. But I haven’t received DM (Decision made) on my side because we’re waiting for the Canadian embassy in Mexico to send the Mexican police certificate.
why didn’t you send it to your family in MX to do it for you? I did it like that and I got the PCC in 7 days

Vata

Sep 16, 2019
Got the interview email today :) Am so happy :):) Wasn't expecting so soon....
However, my interview is scheduled at 5.30pm, weird though o_O What timings did you guys have?
Congrats... Let us know your timeline if possible... Thanks

Shi111

Oct 25, 2019
Hi Everyone!

Msou2019 we have very similar timeline so I felt I should share mine. By the way, you can absolutely work and be paid if you're still on implied status and haven't left the country. Your IEC visa is essentially still valid until a decision has been made.

Common law sponsor + PR + OWP applications
Inland applicant living in Calgary, AB
I was on an IEC visa (originally from Australia) which expired April 30, 2019. I then went onto implied status and haven't left Canada so my working rights are still as they were on the IEC visa until a decision has been made on my PR

I had my visa application processed through an immigration lawyer and was a paper application.

Timeline:
Sponsorship + PR application received: April 26th, 2019
Acknowledgement of receipt: June 22, 2019
Started processing sponsorship application: June 21, 2019
Medical request: Aug 22, 2019
Medical completed: Sep 6, 2019
Medical results received: No update on what day that was, just says they were received, approx. 1 week after I did the tests
Started processing PR application: Oct 19, 2019
Approval in principal/ sponsor eligibility approval: Oct 21, 2019
Decision Made (Sponsor application): Oct 21, 2019

I applied for an Open Work Permit Extension (extending my IEC) however it's not showing on the online services account. My lawyer said OWP go to a different centre in Edmonton to be processed, although I think it's too late now anyway.

As I had to renew my passport after my original application date, I was requested on Oct 21 to send a copy of my new passport.

I'm hoping that doesn't take long for them to finalise the rest of the PR application! Fingers crossed I'll get PR approval and interview invitation in the next 2weeks as that seems to be the common timeline.

Will update once I hear more.

I updated the spreadsheet, whoever made this, THANKYOU!! great tool for everyone.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=684165570

Goodluck everyone!

Shi

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunny329 and Vata