+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

rmann0220

Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys!

So i received a letter today via email that the local office gonna contact me.
So what they do in that appointment
Is it an interview or just visit to office with your passport to get pr

Reactions: Question12

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi guys!

So i received a letter today via email that the local office gonna contact me.
So what they do in that appointment
Is it an interview or just visit to office with your passport to get pr
Visit to office with your partner to get PR

msou2019

Jul 3, 2019
Hi! Late to find this amazing site, here are my details!

Common-law sponsor.
Inland Applicant living in Alberta.
Currently on IEC visa, which expires on Oct 24th, 2019.

Timeline:

PR Application Received: April 25th, 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: Jun 20th
OWP sent: July 15th (stupidly didn't send it with my PR application)
OWP Acknowledgement of Receipt: TBC
Medical Request: Sep 25th
Medicals Completed: Oct 18th
Medical Results Received: TBC
Open Work Permit Approval: TBC
Sponsor Eligibility Approval: TBC
Decision Made (both sides): TBC
Interview invitation: TBC
PR Approval: TBC

Since I applied for my bridging open work permit late, I'm wondering if I'll still be able to work after my IEC visa expires on Oct 24th 2019? I haven't heard anything about the BOWP yet and it's been over 3 months :( I've heard I am under implied status and can technically still work, but can't get paid? Is this true??

Any advice would be SO appreciated!

Thanks,
Monika

Last edited:

msou2019

Jul 3, 2019
Yes, although I had to mail mine back in June due to a missing fee. The processing time is 4 months. If it's been longer, I'd call them to double check everything's good!
Do you know which number to call? I'm worried about mine not processing in time!

Thank you SO much in advance!
Monika

LolliRay

Jul 2, 2019
Do you know which number to call? I'm worried about mine not processing in time!

Thank you SO much in advance!
Monika
I initially emailed them via the webform. If you can call from a canadian phone, the number for the IRCC is 1-888-242-2100. The buttons I personally had to press to speak to someone were 2-1-1-0 but make sure you listen to make sure that's accurate for you too, in case they changed it.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hi guys,
I just received the interview invitation for the appointment at 1:30 pm on Oct 31.
Does it take a long time? I have work in the evening on that day so I am wondering if I should notify my manager.
Also, can I apply for a new SIN right afterward? I currently have a temporary SIN.
I am so excited!!

Reactions: Sunny329

Caribbeanhanqueen

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi guys,
I just received the interview invitation for the appointment at 1:30 pm on Oct 31.
Does it take a long time? I have work in the evening on that day so I am wondering if I should notify my manager.
Also, can I apply for a new SIN right afterward? I currently have a temporary SIN.
I am so excited!!
Congrats.. how long after you send in your additional information did it take for them to send you the interview invitation?

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Hello guys,
I have a question, why only my husband (sponsor) received email that you meet eligibility to sponsor your spouse or common law partner, in Friday but I still didn’t receive anything, can someone tell me what’s next,,
Thanks

Reactions: Caribbeanhanqueen

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
Hi guys,
Even my husband (sponsor) received an email yesterday that you meet the eligibility to sponsor your spouse...…. Although I haven't received AIP yet. Will they request additional documents like proof of relationship or proof of cohabitation? Just want to understand and be prepared.
Does this step (i.e additional document request) comes before OR after SA / AIP? Any thoughts please.

@LaLondon: Am in the same boat like yours :) Hope & pray things will go smoothly......

Reactions: LaLondon