+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

manu1

Oct 2, 2019
Hi! I just got an email today saying I meet eligibility requirements for my PR, and my husband got one as well saying he meets the eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

Is this the same as AIP? If so, I could apply for OHIP now right? Anyone have experience going about that?
Thanks!
When did you apply?

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi! I just got an email today saying I meet eligibility requirements for my PR, and my husband got one as well saying he meets the eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

Is this the same as AIP? If so, I could apply for OHIP now right? Anyone have experience going about that?
Thanks!
Yes AIP on the Principal Applicant side and SA is for the Sponsor. Congratulations you are very close on getting the Decision Made. As per OHIP you have to ask a letter of employment from your employer stating how long you’ve been working, the status , your job, Hope this answer your question. Good luck!and how much you’re making. It’s important that it’s written on the company paper with logo.

Mina_1988

Oct 3, 2019
Yes AIP on the Principal Applicant side and SA is for the Sponsor. Congratulations you are very close on getting the Decision Made. As per OHIP you have to ask a letter of employment from your employer stating how long you’ve been working, the status , your job, Hope this answer your question. Good luck!and how much you’re making. It’s important that it’s written on the company paper with logo.
Thanks so much for your response! What does SA stand for?

I’m not working. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
SA means Sponsors’s Approval. Meaning he’s been approved to sponsor you. Sorry not sure how it works if you’re not working.

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
For you guys who had interview already. Would you mind sharing what kind of questions they asked. We applied as a common law category. Will appreciate your input.

carf430

Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
22-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-05-2015
Received interview invitation yesterday for Oct. 15, Vancouver office,

Application Received: April 17, 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: June 4, 2019
Medical Request: July 13
Medical Results Received: July 30 (does not state Medical Passed instead says received)
Open Work Permit Approval: June 11, 2019
Sponsor Eligibility Approval: September 27, 2019 (not updated in ECAS yet)
Decision Made (both sides): September 28, 2019
Interview invitation received Oct. 3, 2019, interview set for Oct. 15, 2019
PR Approval: :)

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Received interview invitation yesterday for Oct. 15, Vancouver office,

Application Received: April 17, 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: June 4, 2019
Medical Request: July 13
Medical Results Received: July 30 (does not state Medical Passed instead says received)
Open Work Permit Approval: June 11, 2019
Sponsor Eligibility Approval: September 27, 2019 (not updated in ECAS yet)
Decision Made (both sides): September 28, 2019
Interview invitation received Oct. 3, 2019, interview set for Oct. 15, 2019
PR Approval: :)
Congratulations on the approval!
I'm intrigued by the speed things seem to be going at for April applicants. I'm wondering if this is going at a pattern we could all expect? I sent in my application in July and a couple of days ago I received my OWP approval, which was earlier than anticipated. Is your timeline safe to abide by as an AVERAGE timeline of this type of application? (Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Permantent Residence application) Please let me know your thoughts on how long you think an early July applicant could expect until we get to the point of DM!

Last edited:

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Congratulations on the approval!
I'm intrigued by the speed things seem to be going at for April applicants. I'm wondering if this is going at a pattern we could all expect? I sent in my application in July and a couple of days ago I received my OWP approval, which was earlier than anticipated. Is your timeline safe to abide by as an AVERAGE timeline of this type of application? (Inland Spousal Sponsorship and Permantent Residence application) Please let me know your thoughts on how long you think an early July applicant could expect until we get to the point of DM!
According to my observation
6-7 months is the timeline for inland applicants to get PR

Wesaka

Apr 2, 2019
I landed as a PR today! The confirmation interview was very straightforward, only took a couple of minutes. We arrived 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time, and were seen straight away. We spent more time in the nearby parking garage than we did in the immigration office. The officer was extremely polite and knowledgeable. My application was received April 4.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
I landed as a PR today! The confirmation interview was very straightforward, only took a couple of minutes. We arrived 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time, and were seen straight away. We spent more time in the nearby parking garage than we did in the immigration office. The officer was extremely polite and knowledgeable. My application was received April 4.
Congratulations
Happy for you
Waiting for the same happiness

Reactions: Wesaka

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Congratulations! What kind of question did he asked you if you don’t mind asking. We will have ours next Wednesday. Thanks

Reactions: Wesaka