+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone, do you guys think background check will start soon for April? Is there anyone who already got “we are processing your background check”?

Reactions: LightRose

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Good morning, receive medical Friday in my gckey and just realize last night ,going to book my appointment today. Have a blessed day everyone

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Anyone knows How long does it usually take before we see “medical passed” in CGkey account ? And do we receive an email with an update ?

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Anyone knows How long does it usually take before we see “medical passed” in CGkey account ? And do we receive an email with an update ?
It depends on how fast your doctor uploaded the documents and how fast your immigration agent checked them. In my case, it took four days, but for some people between 3-15 days. They didn't send me an email, I saw it on my account. I suggest you to keep checking your account everyday. Good luck!

Reactions: K3nda

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
I checked my account today and it says that I've passed the medical exam. I was expecting medical request from them but looks like they've considered my old medicals (which was submitted on Jan 2019) :)

What's the next step guys?

Reactions: Kits

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
I checked my account today and it says that I've passed the medical exam. I was expecting medical request from them but looks like they've considered my old medicals (which was submitted on Jan 2019) :)

Next step would be background check :)

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019

According to the actual statistics, they should start background check in the middle of August, but we never know, they do it whenever they want.

Reactions: Carlos25

Pparreira

Jun 19, 2019
Is anyone here who got the OWP and applied for a new SIN number ? I don't know if i should apply for restore it or just for a new one because mine was expired.

Neo_LC

Nov 30, 2016
According to the actual statistics, they should start background check in the middle of August, but we never know, they do it whenever they want.
Thanks Carlos25 and Kits. So, during the process of background check, will they ask additional documents like more photos, proof of relationship etc etc ? Any thoughts please.

Reactions: Kits and Carlos25

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Thanks Carlos25 and Kits. So, during the process of background check, will they ask additional documents like more photos, proof of relationship etc etc ? Any thoughts please.
The background check is when you clear security and criminality, additional police certificates may be asked for and the (CSIS) will do a deep investigation about you, who you are and try to verify if some of the information you provided is true, they also make sure you are no risk to the country. This is separate from immigration as IRCC only receives the report and decides if you are admissible, If the officer thinks he is satisfied with the outcome and has enough material to make a decision then you’ll get DM if he has concerns or needs clarification or something comes up during the background check then you may be asked to provide additional proof or documents.

Apr 16, 2019
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16/04/2019
My money situation has been tight since I arrived in Canada so I did not include application for OWP.
Should I wait until the application is complete at this point?
Not sure if it matters, but I'm in Alberta.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
My money situation has been tight since I arrived in Canada so I did not include application for OWP.
Should I wait until the application is complete at this point?
Not sure if it matters, but I'm in Alberta.
an OWP would have helped with your money situation as you would be able to work, applying for it now would get you to wait for 4 months at least before getting it then you can work for the remaining processing time of the application, otherwise you could wait until a decision is made and you wouldn't need one because you will be a PR, it's up to you

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
People submitting applications by end of May. Any updates on application? I received AOR in 7 days, but now, everything is in sleep mode.