+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
That email is the AOR. You didn't have to wait for it, you could've sent in the work permit application with your sponsorship application and it would've gone faster. You can apply right away, make sure to pick the OPEN work permit.
@Question12
As other people said, you can apply online. But I believe it will still take 2-3 months.
@koko01
Have you received your OWP? It seems that it has been more than a week after your AoR.

Reactions: Question12

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
I have paid the Open Work Permit Holder fee online and attached to the webform and send it. I hope they include it and do not return OWP. I have however received AOR for my wife's PR Application. I hope everything goes through.
Hopefully, they will transfer your message to the corresponding department.

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
My wife got her OWP approval letter today sent by our lawyers. Application was received by CIC....April 15th and we got AOR May 28...hopefully it will come very soon in the mail

Reactions: Innd

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
My wife got her OWP approval letter today sent by our lawyers. Application was received by CIC....April 15th and we got AOR May 28...hopefully it will come very soon in the mail
Congrats !! Please update the spreadsheet with that information if you’re able to

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hey guys,
I received my AoR on 6/4, but I'm still not able to link my work permit to my account. Does anyone have the same situation?

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Hey guys,
I received my AoR on 6/4, but I'm still not able to link my work permit to my account. Does anyone have the same situation?
I had the same situation , after one week that I received my Aor i could link it and then after two days was approved, so wait till monday or tuesday

Reactions: Innd

juancamilog

Jul 21, 2017
Inland Applicant living in Montreal.
Common-law sponsor.
Currently under study permit until 12/31.
Applied for Sponsorship + OWP
This is my timeline

Application Received at CPC Missisauga: April 11
AOR: May 23rd
Application linked: May 24
OWP approved: May 30 (???????)

We haven't received the invitation to apply for a CSQ yet. Anyone has any idea how long it takes?
Also, my OWP is useless. It was issued on May 30th 2019, but it expired on May 30th 2019. I received a physical copy in the mail on Friday. Anyone else has experienced something like this?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Inland Applicant living in Montreal.
Common-law sponsor.
Currently under study permit until 12/31.
Applied for Sponsorship + OWP
This is my timeline

Application Received at CPC Missisauga: April 11
AOR: May 23rd
Application linked: May 24
OWP approved: May 30 (???????)

We haven't received the invitation to apply for a CSQ yet. Anyone has any idea how long it takes?
Also, my OWP is useless. It was issued on May 30th 2019, but it expired on May 30th 2019. I received a physical copy in the mail on Friday. Anyone else has experienced something like this?
I think they made an error. Call IRCC on Monday to address your concern.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
How many people who applied on April 15 and later have gotten OWP approved?
It seems the spreadsheet does not reflect the most current situation... (?)

The agent I spoke to confirmed that they have received my OWP and I am eligible to have my OWP processed within 4 months of application.
It is pretty shocking that OWP could take that long to be approved...

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
I still haven't heard anything. I was able to link it last week. It's a little nerve-racking...
The only possibility of causing longer processing time is that maybe some of them are reviewing students' bridging work permits. It is the time they gradute from schools...