+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
I didn’t have the OWP application number because I haven’t received the AOR email with the application number. As I said it before “I used my UCI and I think last name”. And I don’t know what kind of information they will ask for, I think it depends on what you already have and what you provided. For example, I don’t know if you have UCI or what you provided in your birth city.
I haven't received the AOR email either but I'm able to link my application to my account and it's in process in ECAS. What does this mean?

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
I didn’t have the OWP application number because I haven’t received the email with the application number. As I said it before “I used my UCI and I think last name”. And I don’t know what kind of information they will ask for, I think it depends on what you already have and what you provided. For example, I don’t know if you have UCI or what you provided in your birth city.

oh Sorry it just when you said a number starts with W I thought you had it. I tried linking it again but it didnt work, so it might not be in the system yet.
The questions to link the OWP are the same for everyone btw, the answers are going to be based on you what provided. and everyone has a UCI except for Canadian citizens and PRs. Sometimes people would change their answer to Marital status to "Single" instead of "Married" to get the application to link and it worked. Anyway, congrats again we will just have to wait. Thank you

Reactions: Hhaye and Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
I haven't received the AOR email either but I'm able to link my application to my account and it's in process in ECAS. What does this mean?
It means that they won’t send it back. I think they’ll send the AOR email today or tomorrow. It happened to me too.

Last edited:
Reactions: koko01

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
oh Sorry it just when you said a number starts with W I thought you had it. I tried linking it again but it didnt work, so it might not be in the system yet.
The questions to link the OWP are the same for everyone btw, the answers are going to be based on you what provided. and everyone has a UCI except for Canadian citizens and PRs. Sometimes people would change their answer to Marital status to "Single" instead of "Married" to get the application to link and it worked. Anyway, congrats again we will just have to wait. Thank you
I didn’t have the OWP application number when I tried to link it to my online account. Now, after I could link it, I have the application number.

Reactions: Hhaye

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Lawyer received AOR email today and forward it to us. We were able to view application on ECAS using UCI, status updated as In Process. App was received - April 15th, AOR - May 28.

Reactions: Kits

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Good News! OWP is finally linked. I called IRCC and asked about the status, they gave me the application number and the agent was kind enough to stay on the phone and confirm the information with me. Turned out they didn't have the full name of the city of birth. It was such a relief to know that it was not returned. The status is "Submitted" so nothing yet.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Good News! OWP is finally linked. I called IRCC and asked about the status, they gave me the application number and the agent was kind enough to stay on the phone and confirm the information with me. Turned out they didn't have the full name of the city of birth. It was such a relief to know that it was not returned. The status is "Submitted" so nothing yet.
Cool! Congrats!

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
My OWP was approved and I did not receive an email, I just read it in my account online. Then, I think that some of the people who could link their application without an email, probably now they have their OWP approved too.

Reactions: Hhaye and K3nda

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
My OWP was approved and I did not receive an email, I just read it in my account online. Then, I think that some of the people who could link their application without an email, probably now they have their OWP approved too.
Congrats !

Reactions: Kits