+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hey, did you hire a lawyer or an agent to do it for you?

It’s really confusing that they started on May applicantions before many April applicantions are still not processed. Or, maybe it’s because a new month coming so they move forward.

CIC is a mystery. Lol....
Anyway, lucky you! You must be relieved. :)
I have a take on this that could be completely wrong, but here goes:

I'm assuming that one VO processes say 20 applications that come in a certain date. If you look at the spreadsheet, most people who sent it in the same date all get their AOR either on the same date or super close to one another. Obviously doesn't take a month and a half to process just a single application, so I'm guessing that agents usually wait until they've finished all forms assigned to them from that date and then mass-send out the AOR's. I'm sure some VO's get less applications to process within their timeline, and they get finished faster. Looks like Onkarasharan's VO sent his out as soon as they finished processing it, instead of waiting for the timeline.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Hi, I have a question: is it possible to link the Sponsorship Application to the online account? I have tried to do it and I can´t, but I do not know if it is possible or not. The Permanent Resident Application is already linked to my account. On the other hand, the status of the Sponsorship Application appears on ECAS along with the Permanent Resident Application. I don´t know :S

Reactions: Carlos25

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi, I have a question: is it possible to link the Sponsorship Application to the online account? I have tried to do it and I can´t, but I do not know if it is possible or not. The Permanent Resident Application is already linked to my account. On the other hand, the status of the Sponsorship Application appears on ECAS along with the Permanent Resident Application. I don´t know :S
When someone is being sponsored the process has 2 steps.
1 when they evaluate the sponsor to see if he or she qualifies to do so. (Over 18 and a Citizen or PR, not in bankruptcy, etc)
2 when the principal applicant applies to become a permanent resident, this means eligibility, background checks, etc.

However both are part of the same process, you can’t link the sponsorship application because it is a part of the permanent resident app, not a separate process.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
I have a take on this that could be completely wrong, but here goes:

I'm assuming that one VO processes say 20 applications that come in a certain date. If you look at the spreadsheet, most people who sent it in the same date all get their AOR either on the same date or super close to one another. Obviously doesn't take a month and a half to process just a single application, so I'm guessing that agents usually wait until they've finished all forms assigned to them from that date and then mass-send out the AOR's. I'm sure some VO's get less applications to process within their timeline, and they get finished faster. Looks like Onkarasharan's VO sent his out as soon as they finished processing it, instead of waiting for the timeline.
That’s a good guess. Maybe there is a new officer join the reviewing process.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
When someone is being sponsored the process has 2 steps.
1 when they evaluate the sponsor to see if he or she qualifies to do so. (Over 18 and a Citizen or PR, not in bankruptcy, etc)
2 when the principal applicant applies to become a permanent resident, this means eligibility, background checks, etc.

However both are part of the same process, you can’t link the sponsorship application because it is a part of the permanent resident app, not a separate process.
Yes, I know about the two steps, in fact, they are two process, yes, they are part of the same application, but my question is related to "if I can link the Sponsorship Application or not", because in ECAS it appears the Sponsorship Application status and the Permanent Residence Status as two different process/steps. Then, I have my next question: I will only be able to check Sponsorship Application on ECAS and through the emails that they send? If they need more information/documents of the sponsor to complete that step/process (Sponsorship Application), do they require them through email? This is just what I need to know.

Last edited:

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Yes, I know about the two steps, in fact, they are two process, yes, they are part of the same application, but my question is related to "if I can link the Sponsorship Application or not", because in ECAS it appears the Sponsorship Application status and the Permanent Residence Status as two different process/steps. Then, I have my next question: I will only be able to check Sponsorship Application on ECAS and through the emails that they send? If they need more information/documents of the sponsor to complete that step/process (Sponsorship Application), do they require them through email? This is just what I need to know.
Honestly on ECAS and my account all I see is permanent residency application, doesn’t mention sponsorship.
I don’t know how they would request it, once for another type of application they requested me more docs by mail but i guess it is up to the officer, it could also be through your account

Reactions: Kits

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Honestly on ECAS and my account all I see is permanent residency application, doesn’t mention sponsorship.
I don’t know how they would request it, once for another type of application they requested me more docs by mail but i guess it is up to the officer, it could also be through your account
You have to go to ECAS and provide the information of the sponsor: UCI, last name, birthday, etc. You’ll see. That’s what I’m trying to explain you. I just found it today.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Anyone knows how long does it take for them to starts sending medical requests after the OWP? I noticed that most of March applicants already received theirs and I was just wondering

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Anyone knows how long does it take for them to starts sending medical requests after the OWP? I noticed that most of March applicants already received theirs and I was just wondering
You can see it on the spreadsheet under number of days between received and medical request. I don’t think there are established dates, that’s why we use the spreadsheet.

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
I made a quick try now, just because and was able to link my OWP into my CG-Key, but no success yet for to PR. Go figure...
The app was received for OWP at Apr 08th, and for the PR at Apr 15th!!!! How is that possible??