+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Lutra

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Yes i got email for local montreal office they ask add doc and consent online interview letter for acceptance and your update plz?
My last update was Dec 2020, it was “Decision Made “...since then, no update at all. I phoned IRCC lately and this was the agent’s answer.

“Please note that for the moment the file is in queue for a final review by an officer. The responsible office will contact me with regards to the landing procedure in due course.”

Muhammadpk

Star Member
May 18, 2021
My last update was Dec 2020, it was “Decision Made “...since then, no update at all. I phoned IRCC lately and this was the agent’s answer.

“Please note that for the moment the file is in queue for a final review by an officer. The responsible office will contact me with regards to the landing procedure in due course.”
Decision made bothside?

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
I received a letter in October 2019 indicating that I have passed the eligibility and they requested either medical of my child from previous marriage (who is in another country and my ex has full custody) or a notarized letter indicating the I would like to exclude the dependent from PR. So I provided them notarised letter along with proof that I contacted my ex and he refused medical for the child. After that my file got transferred to Vancouver immigration in March 2020 and I received an email saying it’s transferred for further review or an interview, ever since I haven’t heard anything from them. My recent GCMS notes indicate I have passed eligibility and IRCC is convinced that my relationship with my spouse is genuine , I still don’t understand why are they delaying the process. If anyone can advise me in this matter , it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, when is your submission date? I'm Nov 2019 applicant and am still waiting. My husband (sponsor) got a decision made but not on my side. I ordered GCMS notes and it says my application has been referred for a secondary review and referred to CPO. I haven't heard anything yet since the sponsor eligibility decision. I've lived in Canada for about 8 years now and I have a crystal clear background.. so I have no clue why my application has been referred to CPO for secondary review.

harry2288

Mar 1, 2018
does anyone know that we need to submit biometric when applying for a work permit extension.., because it is asking for biometric fees of $85

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Application Submission: April 26, 2019
Application Received: April 29
Acknowledgement of Receipt: June 29
Medical Completion: ( medical was done in 2018 which is expired now, they have not request a new medical) new medical request in December 2020
Request for Biometrics for dependant who is not in Canada: Oct 29
Sponsor Eligibility Approval: Oct 28, 2019
Aip: November 30, 2020
PR Approval: January 18, 2020
Hi, was your application transferred to other office?

karen8790

Jul 1, 2021
does anyone know that we need to submit biometric when applying for a work permit extension.., because it is asking for biometric fees of $85
Hi, I am also submitting work permit extension file. I have only got sponsorship approval in 2019, nothing after that. Now I am not sure, if I am eligible to apply online or should send paper application

harry2288

Mar 1, 2018
Hi, I am also submitting work permit extension file. I have only got sponsorship approval in 2019, nothing after that. Now I am not sure, if I am eligible to apply online or should send paper application
You can apply online it's faster than a paper application and same here I got the first update in June 2020 nothing has been changed after that. I am April 2019 applicant. My permit is going to expire in September, it is very frustrating.

karen8790

Jul 1, 2021
You can apply online it's faster than a paper application and same here I got the first update in June 2020 nothing has been changed after that. I am April 2019 applicant. My permit is going to expire in September, it is very frustrating.
Thanks for reply Harry. Really appreciate it

Reactions: harry2288

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
My case was sent to the Etobicoke office in March 2021 since we got SA in Oct 2020. Today morning, I got pre-arrival letter and AIP at the same time. But at the bottom page of the AIP letter, it says that

If preliminary information indicates that you meet all statutory requirements, you will receive a
letter asking you to attend an interview at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Centre in your area. A final determination on your application for permanent residence will be
made at this interview.

Does anyone know about this interview?

ljtm

Feb 2, 2020
My case was sent to the Etobicoke office in March 2021 since we got SA in Oct 2020. Today morning, I got pre-arrival letter and AIP at the same time. But at the bottom page of the AIP letter, it says that

If preliminary information indicates that you meet all statutory requirements, you will receive a
letter asking you to attend an interview at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Centre in your area. A final determination on your application for permanent residence will be
made at this interview.

Does anyone know about this interview?
Was an interview required before the pandemic for the final approval? I'm a December 2019 applicant and I contacted my MP, this is what IRCC told her:

· If the application is approved:

o the officer will send an approval letter to the applicant to advise them that they will be contacted by the local office with an appointment for the final determination interview (to grant permanent resident status).

I think this is new. Not sure if they are referring to the event where they greet you and all of that, or if it's an "elegibility" interview as a couple

Edit: I'm checking past posts and I think it's just the landing interview and they ask you to bring your documents. Apparently they are getting back to pre-pandemic proccesses and capacity

Last edited: