+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Still stuck in bgc and the eligibility has not started yet. So tired.
This is the email I received after sending the message through the wed form. I am so disappointed with what they said.
"
Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

C&I Services Assistant"
Wow that was rude. You have a right to inquire about your file, especially since it's over the 12 months and they have given you 0 information. Have you ordered your GCMS notes to find out what's going on?

Reactions: MinMin13

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Wow that was rude. You have a right to inquire about your file, especially since it's over the 12 months and they have given you 0 information. Have you ordered your GCMS notes to find out what's going on?
Yes I know, and that was a 1st message I sent them after I got the new that my file was transferred. My file has no updated since last December.
I did order the note, and I am still waiting

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I received my note this morning. As it shows that they still stuck in my criminal check since 28 sept 2018. They have not even started anything. I am so mad

shannen

Dec 27, 2010
I heard from a friend of mine that maximum processing times for inland spousal sponsorship is 16 months. So I can still wait until September, hope there will be a good news before that.

Sahmet

Oct 23, 2018
Did it change from checking back ground to DM? Did you guys receive the message of passing bgc and eligibility before?
I don't have an online account (i can't link my paper application to my online account, tried everything), so I don't see detailed status updates. I only noticed that it change from "in process" to "decision made" on Friday. But they didn't send us any correspondence.
I guess i just need to call them to get more details.
Did they send you any correspondence? Or the status just changed online?

Sahmet

Oct 23, 2018
Did it change from checking back ground to DM? Did you guys receive the message of passing bgc and eligibility before?
I didn't get any messages regarding passing bgc/eligibility. But I had an interview with the CBSA about a month ago regarding my eligibility.