+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Hi Harman12 on Landing appointment/ interview first you have to register to the receptionist and show your invitation letter and all documents requested, then he will give you a number for you to wait once your number called go to the window, present all the documents stated on the invitation letter and the immigration officer would asked you some questions like have you ever been committed crime or deported in Canada? When is your first entry in Canada?When is your last entry in Canada? And also the sponsor must show his/her valid identification with address on it and the immigration officer would ask some questions too or just confirming that the sponsor responsibility and after less than 10mins you’re done the Immigration Officer will congratulate you and explain the benefits of being a PR. In Etobicoke the Service Canada is also in the same bldg so after your interview the Immigration officer would tell you to go there to change your SIN number and you can get right away your new permanent SIN number, the IO Will give you a copy of a printed COPR with the validity so you can use it as an identification when needed. They will mail to you the actual PR card (1-8weeks waiting or more) but on the IRCC website the current waiting period for the new PR card is only 13 days. Hope it help you a little bit. Congrats!
Hi @Calm2019,if you had a removal order previously with cbsa and have been signing are you supposed to explain that on the question you mentioned or do they already know?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hi @Calm2019,if you had a removal order previously with cbsa and have been signing are you supposed to explain that on the question you mentioned or do they already know?
I would assume they know and u should answer truthfully. We had our relationship interview in may. The cbsa office here is in the same place as immigration. Immigration officer purposely set our Interview date on the same day hubby was to sign in to make it convenient for us. So they knew he was to be signing in and even said it was probably the warrant and exclusion order that prompted the interview. He said he was satisfied with the relationship part and had already discussed our situation with cbsa and was satisfied with everything they said too. He didnt even bother doing the interview. He is approving our app. Just waiting for security to pass.

But he knew everything and even reminded hubby to sign in before we left the building

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
I would assume they know and u should answer truthfully. We had our relationship interview in may. The cbsa office here is in the same place as immigration. Immigration officer purposely set our Interview date on the same day hubby was to sign in to make it convenient for us. So they knew he was to be signing in and even said it was probably the warrant and exclusion order that prompted the interview. He said he was satisfied with the relationship part and had already discussed our situation with cbsa and was satisfied with everything they said too. He didnt even bother doing the interview. He is approving our app. Just waiting for security to pass.

But he knew everything and even reminded hubby to sign in before we left the building
Thankyou for your informative response.We do not have a rlshp interview but a landing interview for my spouse who has been signing.I hear the COPR is already printed one just needs to sign it so I was asking people who have received their COPR with this kind of situation.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Thankyou for your informative response.We do not have a rlshp interview but a landing interview for my spouse who has been signing.I hear the COPR is already printed one just needs to sign it so I was asking people who have received their COPR with this kind of situation.
My point was...they obviously will know so why would u not answer it honestly?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Any April 2018 applicants still waiting for Decision Made?
Still here.

We were told in May at our relationship interview ( which the officer didnt bother conducting) that our app would be approved. Just waiting on security checks. The officer thought it may have a chance at being completed by hubbys next cbsa sign in date for June 6th but so far no word

shannen

Dec 27, 2010
Still here.

We were told in May at our relationship interview ( which the officer didnt bother conducting) that our app would be approved. Just waiting on security checks. The officer thought it may have a chance at being completed by hubbys next cbsa sign in date for June 6th but so far no word
We already contacted our local MP to find out the status of our application, still stuck in criminality it says still in process and security verifications have not been initiated. Our application is already 15 months benchmark and no update in ECAS yet.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
We already contacted our local MP to find out the status of our application, still stuck in criminality it says still in process and security verifications have not been initiated. Our application is already 15 months benchmark and no update in ECAS yet.
Same here criminality in process long time ago and didnt wven start security

Reactions: MinMin13

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Still waiting, application is stuck on background check since December.
Same here criminality in process long time ago and didnt wven start security
Any April 2018 applicants still waiting for Decision Made?
Still stuck in bgc and the eligibility has not started yet. So tired.
This is the email I received after sending the message through the wed form. I am so disappointed with what they said.
"
Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

C&I Services Assistant"