+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

tanya k

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
My medical was received and accepted on Friday but CIC hasn’t updated anything else. It stills says Background check: not applicable. Is this normal as I see ppl who had their background check started together with their medical request ?
Im on same stage right now no update on my background yet

Reactions: Ldonasci

fjmeer

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
My medical was received and accepted on Friday but CIC hasn’t updated anything else. It stills says Background check: not applicable. Is this normal as I see ppl who had their background check started together with their medical request ?
Mine still shows as not started but medical passed. Hang in there.

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Im on same stage right now no update on my background yet
I am trying to be positive about this, but it really gets me anxious since I have no idea what’s going on with my application

I also called IRCC today and they told me the processing times for sponsorship is 10 months now. On the website it still says 12 months though

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Are you sure your not in IP2

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Not sure about that. The only thing it says is that my application is in progress. Backgroung check: not applicable.
As far as I am aware this is normal.

I think the only folks who have "in progress" for their background check are those who have had RCMP fingerprint requests (which makes sense as that is part of the overall background check process).
It seems like whether you get an RCMP background/fingerprint check is kind of random. It seems like they run a quick name check and if anything is thrown up (say a criminal with the same name or something minor) you get the fingerprint request otherwise they sometimes seem to skip it.

fjmeer

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

I think the only folks who have "in progress" for their background check are those who have had RCMP fingerprint requests (which makes sense as that is part of the overall background check process).
It seems like whether you get an RCMP background/fingerprint check is kind of random. It seems like they run a quick name check and if anything is thrown up (say a criminal with the same name or something minor) you get the fingerprint request otherwise they sometimes seem to skip it.
Interesting. So are you saying there is a chance that no background check is completed?

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Interesting. So are you saying there is a chance that no background check is completed?
There is always a background check, you just don't always need to do the RCMP Fingerprint part, so it starts a little later in the process.

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018

Actually I heard they request the fingerprint check for those who have stayed in Canada for more than 6 months. But I’ve heard that is not the case for most of the applicants so I feel it has to do with nationality of some sorts.

Pookiie

Jun 3, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
I guess it depends on the agent because we have similiar timelines and same with background check for me still reads not applicable

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Actually I heard they request the fingerprint check for those who have stayed in Canada for more than 6 months. But I’ve heard that is not the case for most of the applicants so I feel it has to do with nationality of some sorts.
Some nationalities are required to give their fingerprints now. It's not my case, they will only require fingerprints from my region as of Decemvber 31st. I am not expecting to get it, and I hope they are not waiting for this date to ask for mine.

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Some nationalities are required to give their fingerprints now. It's not my case, they will only require fingerprints from my region as of Decemvber 31st. I am not expecting to get it, and I hope they are not waiting for this date to ask for mine.
Yes exactly.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I believe for April applicants, the background check should have started next month.
Right now the processing time is 10 months.

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
I believe for April applicants, the background check should have started next month.
Right now the processing time is 10 months.
Wow that would be nice to see April applicants hoping for that to start. How do you know what month they are working on right now?