+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hi guys,
I am from Ottawa and I passed my test on 9 August and nothing on ECAS. Sill in Process. Application received on March 2. When I passed my test they asked me for translations for some passport stamps so I don't know if this is the reason behind the delay but I submitted the translated stamps after one week and they are all in file ... It's weird. Anybody from Ottawa facing similar delays?

Hi I'm from Ottawa as well, April 24th applicant, i passed my test on Sep 13 n still no update in ecas for me, they did not ask me for any additional docs

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Has anyone ordered GCMS notes at this stage?. My wife and I have applied together for Citizenship and I'd like to get GCMS notes for both of us. Do I need to fill out the consent form for her or can I just include her on my request? Does she need to request her own notes? It's not very clear?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Has anyone ordered GCMS notes at this stage?. My wife and I have applied together for Citizenship and I'd like to get GCMS notes for both of us. Do I need to fill out the consent form for her or can I just include her on my request? Does she need to request her own notes? It's not very clear?
it's easier for each one request his own papers/GCMS

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
it's easier for each one request his own papers/GCMS
Thanks. I'll do that.

It's really bad that you have to jump through so many hoops to get updates in your file. I don't understand why ECAS can't be updated after each step is done. Like how hard is it to show the same info that's on GCMS on ECAS? If the officer marks a particular check as passed then ECAS could show that too. Would provide way more transparency.

Reactions: robinhood_1984

1986rich

Dec 12, 2014
I am happy! I am already a citizen of this country. As of this moment I am filling out my application for Canadian Passport. The ceremony was really smooth I am a bit emotional trying to keep calm on that precious event, I am with my friends like few of them congratulating on my greatest journey. Thanks or this very informative forum you guys help lots of people. KUDOS to all admin. SALUTE you all. gosh I'm getting emotional here. LOVE YOU GUYS.

victorysmile2001

May 9, 2018
Still in process since July 25 and application was received on April 23. Called in CIC and Background check was already completed. Edmonton citizenship office is kinda slow.

richregina

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Nope! IP since July...not holding my breath for anything soon especially since my wife got an FP request. Also it has only been 6 months since I sent our applications.
I am Decision Made since 21st last month and there is a schedule for oath ceremony all in Saskatoon, two ceremony on the 30th and one on the 1st of November, I dunno which of those might be or might not, who knows. just wait until something pop up on my email.

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
I have a question regarding the documents that are needed fro the exam.
It says all original versions of the documents you provided with your citizenship applications....What dos it exactly mean?? should I have the filled out citizenship application with me too? Or does it only apply to the original document I send as the proof of English language competency together with my current and old passports?

Can someone please elaborate on this?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
New Brunswick here so kinda hard to gauge if things are slow or not for my office as there are so few of us here on this site. I've been "In Process" since June 27th and absolutely nothing has happened since. Will soon be 4 months.