+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Actually, I do think that the more travel you have outside the country the longer it takes to complete their background checks and cross referencing.
I'll explain why I say this. Hubby traveled only twice across the border in the entire period in question. I traveled about 5 times. Sometimes they were flights out and other times were driving across the border. Now, where I drove across the border they didn't stamp my passport so it was up to me to ensure I recorded my leaving and return trips diligently. I also made sure I returned that slip at the border every time to make sure there were no issues in proving my departure and return.

During my interview, she went through my passport and identified all the entry and departure stamps and queried some dates I had put on my calculator but were not present in my passport. Luckily I had the trips well documented and could actually tell her which ones she would not find stamps for and which ones she would. She cross referenced and checked off all the dates.

Another thing I did with my application was if there was a gap anywhere, I included a note that explained the gap or any discrepancy. I've learned over the years of dealing with the Canadian government that they do not like grey areas. So if you take a look at your application objectively and some dates or occurrences are not making sense or don't add up to you, chances are they will have questions. So just explain where required and you might save yourself some time.

Hang in there though, hopefully you will see some progress soon.
Yes that seems like the situation here. The so frequent travels to US is taking up time for background check.
Thanks for giving the hope, and Congrats on your upcoming oath ceremony!!

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Of course they send you back. When you fill up your application there is a check list to ''check''. Normally you have to send a copy of your pr card.
I checked the checklist again and it didn’t say that you need to provide a copy or your PR card.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Can anyone help me? What will happen if I forgot to send proof of residency with my application. Would they send it back? Or just email me and ask for a copy?
You dont have to send a copy of the PR card, I did as good measure but that's all.

On the form you gave them your UCI number from your PR card (I assume you did) and with your name and other info on the forms that's all you need in combination with your ID documents such as passport and drivers licence etc.

When you go for interview I think they'll ask to see your PR card and COPR document.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
You dont have to send a copy of the PR card, I did as good measure but that's all.

On the form you gave them your UCI number from your PR card (I assume you did) and with your name and other info on the forms that's all you need in combination with your ID du

When you go for interview I think they'll ask to see your PR card and COPR document.
Yes I did put my UCI number and all that. Thanks for the info! I only submitted what is written on checklist, no more no less.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Yes I did put my UCI number and all that. Thanks for the info! I only submitted what is written on checklist, no more no less.
So long as you gave them the two pieces of ID you'll be fine. Some people have actually had their applications returned for using the PR card as one of the ID's, while others had it accepted.

If you gave them the biographical page of your home country passport and your drivers licence from the province you live in, you'll be fine.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
So long as you gave them the two pieces of ID you'll be fine. Some people have actually had their applications returned for using the PR card as one of the ID's, while others had it accepted.

If you gave them the biographical page of your home country passport and your drivers licence from the province you live in, you'll be fine.
Yes that’s all I included on my application.
-Physical presence calculator signed and dated
-signed and dated application
-copy of expired and new passport
-copy of drivers license
-transcripts and certificate
-payment
-photographs

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Yes that’s all I included on my application.
-Physical presence calculator signed and dated
-signed and dated application
-copy of expired and new passport
-copy of drivers license
-transcripts and certificate
-payment
-photographs
Unless I've completely forgotten something, it sounds complete to me. How long ago did you apply? April applicant or more recent?

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys! We finally received a test invitation for the October 22. I did not come in the email just showed as an update in the CIC system. Everyone from Calgary- tests are finally coming. :)
Congrats! Calgary is moving fast... Ontario region is so slow, no movement ~~~

Edogawaconan1986

Apr 24, 2018
My application has been in process since July 23 but I haven't got test letter yet. How can I send them the Urgent Process request now? I wish to get citizenship asap to apply for a job in Canadian Armed Forces. Thanks.

Reactions: Welshdazza86

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
I sent mine at the end of March, they received it on the 3rd of April. AOR end of April and it went 'In Process' on June 27th and I've heard nothing since.
It's not just you. I'm in the same boat (application sent middle of March/2018).:p
Please, see the spreadsheet ...
and you will see that a lot of people are still waiting for the test letter...:D
Everything depends of your region/location...:(