+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

DANBR86

May 19, 2018
Can anyone help me? What will happen if I forgot to send proof of residency with my application. Would they send it back? Or just email me and ask for a copy?
Of course they send you back. When you fill up your application there is a check list to ''check''. Normally you have to send a copy of your pr card.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hello,
just wanted to check if somebody has an info on this. If you are travelling very frequently to US, does that delay your application process? My brother's application has been in process since June 27th, its been over 3 months without any updates, or is it the Winnipeg location so slow?

I see @scotchy007 you have similar timeline and you are already up for Oath ceremony. Is there a way we can see the details/updates on application? There is nothing on ecas, other than In Process.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Hello,
just wanted to check if somebody has an info on this. If you are travelling very frequently to US, does that delay your application process? My brother's application has been in process since June 27th, its been over 3 months without any updates, or is it the Winnipeg location so slow?

I see @scotchy007 you have similar timeline and you are already up for Oath ceremony. Is there a way we can see the details/updates on application? There is nothing on ecas, other than In Process.
I'm in exactly that position. I went to IP also on June 27th and have 270 border crossings due to my job as a truck driver. I have 1420 physical presence but not sure what issues all the border crossings will pose in terms of delays. I'm in New Brunswick and as there are so few applicants here, its impossible for me to know at this point if I'm taking longer than anyone else or its just normal for my local office.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I'm in exactly that position. I went to IP also on June 27th and have 270 border crossings due to my job as a truck driver. I have 1420 physical presence but not sure what issues all the border crossings will pose in terms of delays. I'm in New Brunswick and as there are so few applicants here, its impossible for me to know at this point if I'm taking longer than anyone else or its just normal for my local office.
Same is with my brother, being a truck driver, crossing border twice a week. Since US/Canada border agencies have so good communication, it actually should not be taking that long, but who knows.. Please let me know when you get an update.
Thank you!

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Same is with my brother, being a truck driver, crossing border twice a week. Since US/Canada border agencies have so good communication, it actually should not be taking that long, but who knows.. Please let me know when you get an update.
Thank you!
I will do.

I'm a little bit worried as I saw on some other post that at the interview, the agent demanded that the applicant in a similar position to ours, obtain a US FOIA from US CBP for all entries in to the US as we don't have a stamp in our passport for each crossing. I'm my case I have an I94 and only have a stamp each time one of those is issued to me, but they last for 90 days so I'll do dozens of trips on each I94 and between stamps in the passport.

I have read that it can take months to receive a FOIA from the US so I'm thinking now that it might be a good idea to apply for one because I have no idea how long I'll wait for the test and interview and I'd rather have it and not need it, than be asked for it and then delay things by several more months.

You'd think they'd be able to get this information themselves or at least work out from CBSA records that what you are telling them is the truth and in some cases that might be what happens but it also seems that if you get a case worker who wants to do it all by the book and cause problems, they will.

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
Hello,

Actually, I do think that the more travel you have outside the country the longer it takes to complete their background checks and cross referencing.
I'll explain why I say this. Hubby traveled only twice across the border in the entire period in question. I traveled about 5 times. Sometimes they were flights out and other times were driving across the border. Now, where I drove across the border they didn't stamp my passport so it was up to me to ensure I recorded my leaving and return trips diligently. I also made sure I returned that slip at the border every time to make sure there were no issues in proving my departure and return.

During my interview, she went through my passport and identified all the entry and departure stamps and queried some dates I had put on my calculator but were not present in my passport. Luckily I had the trips well documented and could actually tell her which ones she would not find stamps for and which ones she would. She cross referenced and checked off all the dates.

Another thing I did with my application was if there was a gap anywhere, I included a note that explained the gap or any discrepancy. I've learned over the years of dealing with the Canadian government that they do not like grey areas. So if you take a look at your application objectively and some dates or occurrences are not making sense or don't add up to you, chances are they will have questions. So just explain where required and you might save yourself some time.

Hang in there though, hopefully you will see some progress soon.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I will do.

I'm a little bit worried as I saw on some other post that at the interview, the agent demanded that the applicant in a similar position to ours, obtain a US FOIA from US CBP for all entries in to the US as we don't have a stamp in our passport for each crossing. I'm my case I have an I94 and only have a stamp each time one of those is issued to me, but they last for 90 days so I'll do dozens of trips on each I94 and between stamps in the passport.

I have read that it can take months to receive a FOIA from the US so I'm thinking now that it might be a good idea to apply for one because I have no idea how long I'll wait for the test and interview and I'd rather have it and not need it, than be asked for it and then delay things by several more months.

You'd think they'd be able to get this information themselves or at least work out from CBSA records that what you are telling them is the truth and in some cases that might be what happens but it also seems that if you get a case worker who wants to do it all by the book and cause problems, they will.
Yes we got that information from CBSA before we applied for the application (so that we enter the correct info into the presence calculator). It was tough otherwise for my brother to find all the trip details for past years. You should apply that now as it takes at least 3-4 weeks to get the information.

Even though they were also missing some of the trips in between. On further query, they asked if we can provide the truck's license plate, along with authorization from trucking company so that they can confirm, but we didn't go that way. And did some guessing too for that little time in between.

Do you think that is sufficient?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Yes we got that information from CBSA before we applied for the application (so that we enter the correct info into the presence calculator). It was tough otherwise for my brother to find all the trip details for past years. You should apply that now as it takes at least 3-4 weeks to get the information.

Even though they were also missing some of the trips in between. On further query, they asked if we can provide the truck's license plate, along with authorization from trucking company so that they can confirm, but we didn't go that way. And did some guessing too for that little time in between.

Do you think that is sufficient?
I do have the CBSA information from the Canadian side and it included some US records too, but not complete records for the five years.

I am certain that all my dates are correct, I've cross referenced every once with my log books but the CBSA records themselves were missing at least 15 of my returns to Canada that can be accounted for in my drivers log books so their own record keeping is worse than mine.

What I am talking about though is the US records showing my arrival in to the US, some people have said that IRCC have requested that because we don't get a stamp in our passport each time we enter the country and in our case as truck drivers, our online I94 records are useless as they only document the previous 100 (or such like) entries and as I say, I had 270 in five years.

I was never asked for my truck licence plate for my CBSA records or anything from my company.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I do have the CBSA information from the Canadian side and it included some US records too, but not complete records for the five years.

I am certain that all my dates are correct, I've cross referenced every once with my log books but the CBSA records themselves were missing at least 15 of my returns to Canada that can be accounted for in my drivers log books so their own record keeping is worse than mine.

Yes we had the same thing. There were times when they were missing info and we knew he travelled to US at that time. When we asked them to provide details on those specific dates, that's when they asked for vehicle info so they can trace it more.

What I am talking about though is the US records showing my arrival in to the US, some people have said that IRCC have requested that because we don't get a stamp in our passport each time we enter the country and in our case as truck drivers, our online I94 records are useless as they only document the previous 100 (or such like) entries and as I say, I had 270 in five years.

Ok thanks for the recommendation. I guess we will apply for that too. In case you have the link to their website, please forward it.
I was never asked for my truck licence plate for my CBSA records or anything from my company.
Thank you!