+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Dear friends,

My app received on April 26th nd now waiting for AOR.
Btw where can i get recent copy of that citizenship test preparation book? How much?
You can order a free copy of Discover Canada Manual on the following link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals.html

AOR received June 6.

Thanks!
Congrats!! Updated:)

Hi guys,

My application was sent mid-April and still no news. Is this normal? Anyone else in the same situation?

Thanks!
Things are moving really slow now. It is completely normal. You can see the spreadsheet to get an idea. In March the average AOR days was 20 but for April it has crossed 36.

Btun

Oct 20, 2014
Hi Guys,
Finally! AOR received this morning by email at 6:14am ET

Happy B-day to me!

id: Btun
App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1377
App Sent: Apr 13, 2018
App Recd: Apr 16, 2018
AOR: June 07
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Reactions: Welshdazza86

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Hi Guys,
Finally! AOR received this morning by email at 6:14am ET

Happy B-day to me!

id: Btun
App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1377
App Sent: Apr 13, 2018
App Recd: Apr 16, 2018
AOR: June 07
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:
Congrats!! Updated :)

Happy Bday to you. Have a great day ahead.

PotentialCitizen

Apr 5, 2018
Hello There,
I am planning to travel outside Canada for about 45 days.
i am afraid of receiving Finger Prints request while i am out.
Could any body give some details about the procedure of getting the Finger Prints, when and how we do it , do they send us a request form? and we apply that form to whom? , how long the procedure takes ? and how many days we have to deliver it to the Citizenship department?
thanks in advance

Toe2head#2

Oct 30, 2015
Dear Libu & all,

I’ve got AORs for all my family.
Please update mine in google doc.

Application sent : April 11
Application received: April 16
AORs: June 7th

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hi

Unfortunately I have received back my application today due to it being incomplete. :(

I need help with some of the terminology for the fees. It says that "fees were not taken". While at the end of the form it is written that I can request a refund. I do not see any credit in my CC for the refund.

Based on the above I am assuming that when I resend the application. I would just reattach the same payment receipt again give it is not credited back to me.

Also now that I have my application returned by CIC, I would like to clarify if someone knows. The last name for me and my wife are different I hope that does not matter for them to consider this application as a family application. Should I attach something (e.g. Mrg Certifiate)?

Regards
Hemal Jivani

Jun 7, 2018
Hi

Unfortunately I have received back my application today due to it being incomplete. :(

I need help with some of the terminology for the fees. It says that "fees were not taken". While at the end of the form it is written that I can request a refund. I do not see any credit in my CC for the refund.

Based on the above I am assuming that when I resend the application. I would just reattach the same payment receipt again give it is not credited back to me.

Also now that I have my application returned by CIC, I would like to clarify if someone knows. The last name for me and my wife are different I hope that does not matter for them to consider this application as a family application. Should I attach something (e.g. Mrg Certifiate)?

Regards
Hemal Jivani
names should be exactly as written on your landing paper, unless you have changed your names after you arrived to Canada.
you can attach the same payment document as long as you did not go online and requested a refund.
they usually highlight the missing information lines. make sure to correct/fill out the missing information and send it back.
same scenario has happened to my family applications and I resent the same payment document and they have been in process ever since.
good luck mate!