+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Fouadi

May 15, 2018
Got the oath ceremony invitation yesterday,held on April 9.
Thanks for all the members that supported and adviced,hope for the applicants that are still waiting to hear the good news soon

Reactions: callbox

Rosielai

Jun 10, 2018
YAY! I finally got invited to take the test guuuysss!!!

Rosie, Line 135 of the chart.
Test invite: March 13th
Test date April 10th.

I wanted to ask. In the package it said I need to bring all documents I already submitted. Do I need to bring pictures as well? I don't think I took extras.... so just asking in case I need to take those again.
Thanks Guys! hope to see some of you there !!!

Reactions: callbox

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
YAY! I finally got invited to take the test guuuysss!!!

Rosie, Line 135 of the chart.
Test invite: March 13th
Test date April 10th.

I wanted to ask. In the package it said I need to bring all documents I already submitted. Do I need to bring pictures as well? I don't think I took extras.... so just asking in case I need to take those again.
Thanks Guys! hope to see some of you there !!!
Congrats for the test invite. Which city you from? No you do not have to take pictures with you.

Alanvh20181

Oct 31, 2018
Hi Guys,

Quick question for people who have passed the test.. I am studying using the below link and only studying Part 1 to 10.. is that enough to pass the test or I need to study more from other sources?

https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

Thanks in advance and good luck who are still in the same boat as me.
I wrote the test a week ago. My advise is to use the Discover Canada guide only. I read it 3 times and then tested myself on some websites to see what questions could be asked. I passed 20/20 if that helps
Good luck!

Reactions: Uranus

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi Libu,
Please update my file:
Oath Letter Date: February 13, 2019
Oath Taking Ceremony: March 6, 2019

Thank you and good luck everyone!
Hi, congratulations :)
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? thanks

Welshdazza86

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
So I'm still awaiting test invitation along with many others.

I have a trip back to the uk planned in June, should I inform CiC?
I assumed I would be close to the end of the process at this point.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi, congratulations :)
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? thanks
At my oath ceremony (as with many others), they only took the media release form and PR card back, no other documents (passports, CoPR etc.) checked.
However, to make sure everything is in order, bring all documents on their list. It is written clearly and official so we should follow it. After all, oath ceremony is hard to come by, don't we all want it to run smoothly?

Reactions: canadian.dream1

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hello everyone
As you may know,i got DM on February 22,then no any further communication with cic,i called today to check,the agent said that i was scheduled for the oath on April 9th
The strange thing is that I didn’t receive any letter or email from them,even ,nothing is showing on ecas,not sure if the agent is mistaken..
Have anyone had a similar situation?
Oath letter/email invite is not a requirement to attend the oath as email/mail could get lost/not delivered correctly.

If it's still not on ECAS, use the webform or call IRCC again to confirm the location, date and time. Tell them to email you the list of documents required for the oath and show up on that date.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Good morning, can you please help for new passport application- if the guarantor should be living at same address as you and also be a canadian citizen?

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Good morning, can you please help for new passport application- if the guarantor should be living at same address as you and also be a canadian citizen?
From Government website

Guarantors
You need a guarantor for new passport or travel document applications that you submit by mail or in person. Your guarantor can be a family member or anyone living at your address, as long as they meet the guarantor requirements.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says your guarantor CAN BE a family member or anyone living at your address; Not MUST BE a family member or anyone living at your address. You guarantor does not have to live at the same address with you as long as the person meets guarantor requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
From Government website

Guarantors
You need a guarantor for new passport or travel document applications that you submit by mail or in person. Your guarantor can be a family member or anyone living at your address, as long as they meet the guarantor requirements.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says your guarantor CAN BE a family member or anyone living at your address; Not MUST BE a family member or anyone living at your address. You guarantor does not have to live at the same address with you as long as the person meets guarantor requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html
Thank you, I read the conditions but didnt stress on word CAN. Thanks for letting me know. So basically the guarantor should be a canadian citizen and knowing you since past 2 years

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Hi All,

Wanted to share my Test experience with you all...

- Test was scheduled for 12:15 PM in Mississauga test center
- We (my wife and I) reached there at 12:00
- Stood in line - had about 10 ppl before us in the line.
- When turn came - Gave the lady PR Card and invitation letter - she circled the application ID and gave it back with the answer sheet and a pencil
- Asked us to leave a space between other ppl and take a site.. there were about 30 ppl in total
- Same lady took us through the rules and said 15 marks are passing and 30 mins time
- There are multiple version of the question paper.. so the chances are you have a different version than person sitting next
- Questions are multiple choice or true or false.. I had 3 true or false and multiple choice the rest
- Finished the paper in 13 mins and sat in the common area
- Once everyone finished.. a lady came and said they will start the interview process in the order we finished our tests.
- My number came and a lady called me (not my wife) she said I passed with 15 marks (I was relieved)
- She asked me what I do.. do I do lot of travel... were am I working.. she made notes..
- Checked all my original documents.. she had all my documents that I submitted to she cross checked and signed them
- asked me to sign a document.. to confirm everything I informed is true
- Asked me to go back and send my wife in..
- same procedure with her.. Except she got 19 :p and lady told her that the Oath invitation would come soon and it will happen on 1st week of May

Tips: Questions on ApnaToronto.com are NOT ENOUGH to pass the test.. I only got 11 questions from it and non of the questions were exactly same. They have re-worded every single question to make it little confusing.. I barely passed and I was kind of scared that I would fail because I did not read anything else. I would recommend reading the questions from apnatoronto.com and also reading the Discover Canada booklet at least couple of times to pass the exam with ease.

I wish everyone who is waiting for test and oath invitation good luck.. and hope the above was help full.