+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

yspylp

Nov 6, 2017
Hi All,
Whats the best way to prepare for the test? I have it on 18th March.
Good luck to all who are still waiting and all the best to all those who are taking the test.

Thank you,
Sai

Mirage2000

May 15, 2018
Citizenship undertaken: 26th February 2019
Decision made: 1st March 2019
Will somebody please be able to update the spreadhseet? We are shown in May since the application was only received by CIC on May. Thank you all in advance

Reactions: Uranus

navdeep_mann1

Mar 8, 2012
CIC received my application on April 23 and had my citizenship exam on Nov 6,2018 in Calgary. I haven't heard anything after that. My gcms notes say passed on everything except security, which only shows my info and type:security clearance. Does this mean it has been completed or it is still pending? With my passport expiring next month, I am not sure should I renew my old passport or wait till the end of April . what do you guys suggest?

canvan14

May 8, 2014
CIC received my application on April 23 and had my citizenship exam on Nov 6,2018 in Calgary. I haven't heard anything after that. My gcms notes say passed on everything except security, which only shows my info and type:security clearance. Does this mean it has been completed or it is still pending? With my passport expiring next month, I am not sure should I renew my old passport or wait till the end of April . what do you guys suggest?
I cannot comment on your GCMS note. Technically, you still have till April before pushing them to do anything.
Do you plan to travel any time soon? If not let it expired.
Do you plan on having both passports or just Canadian one? If you want to keep using the original country passport, renew it.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Please can you send me the link from where to order GCMS notes?

apehlicious

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
february 07 2014
AOR Received.
march 12 2014
File Transfer...
march 18 2014
Med's Done....
november 26 2013
Passport Req..
july 30 2014 : In Process Aug 14 2014 : DM Sept 01 2014
LANDED..........
17-09-2014
I’m still on vacation and no test invite yet. In process since June 2018.. Almost a year since I passed my application. I left Canada December 2018 and still away. I am coming back before this month ends. Does leaving canada affect my citizenship application? what do you guys think?

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hi everyone, look what i've got from IRCC yesterday in my e-mail box:
"Starting March 6, you will see a progress bar for your online application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will also give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We will let you know by e-mail when the progress bar is available for your application."

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Although, I am not sure whether it relates to my Citizenship application or Sponsorship application, but this should give more info on where we are in our progress.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Thank you so much for the information. I want to know as I applied as a family applicant with my spouse and kids, so if I apply for GCMS will it contain information for all of us or only me?
I am not sure whether applying for GCMS notes just for yourself would pull information on the rest members of your family. However I think that you will have a good idea of the state of your [family] application just by looking at your own record.