+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
418 days in. No actual updates on the file since May/2017. In January I tried multiple channels of communication to see if I could get some kind of response (email, phone, local MP). I was told that the file is "on queue to be reviewed by an officer". A couple of months later I called again, and the agent seemed to be upset that I was contacting them so frequently and told me "that there's nothing for me to do but wait." In the meantime, I finished college, and since there's no PR in sight, I had to apply for PGWP for myself and OWP extension for my wife. Another 500+ dollars down the drain. So now I have two files to be processed, IRCC doesn't give two sh*ts about us, and I'm on the verge of a breakdown. Just wanted to share my experience so far with this whole process.
same here...14 months today, the file is still awaiting a review from an agent in Sidney.

Reactions: matper18

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
418 days in. No actual updates on the file since May/2017. In January I tried multiple channels of communication to see if I could get some kind of response (email, phone, local MP). I was told that the file is "on queue to be reviewed by an officer". A couple of months later I called again, and the agent seemed to be upset that I was contacting them so frequently and told me "that there's nothing for me to do but wait." In the meantime, I finished college, and since there's no PR in sight, I had to apply for PGWP for myself and OWP extension for my wife. Another 500+ dollars down the drain. So now I have two files to be processed, IRCC doesn't give two sh*ts about us, and I'm on the verge of a breakdown. Just wanted to share my experience so far with this whole process.
Very Similar situation for my spouse and I as well. Just applied for BOWP as well. All I can tell you is, you are not alone. We will ride this last wave together my friend and get to the other side. You can't beat yourself. You did all you could. Now, just wait for it to come to you.
Good luck

Reactions: matper18

svetali

Sep 10, 2018
Very Similar situation for my spouse and I as well. Just applied for BOWP as well. All I can tell you is, you are not alone. We will ride this last wave together my friend and get to the other side. You can't beat yourself. You did all you could. Now, just wait for it to come to you.
Good luck
Same here. AOR May 04, 2018, RR, just applied for BOWP for me and my family. That's 660 dollars gone. Really frustrated.

Meghak

Sep 8, 2017
Yes it has been!
Is VO the primary office? Our GCMS notes say Montreal.
Where are you at with your application?
We got our PPR email last Tuesday finally! We sent our passports the same day. My husband has 6 months and 4 days on his passport which the lawyers said should be ok. Now we're waiting for the passports to come back!

sambid

Aug 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
My MP informed that I received request for fingerprints in April 2019. However, I have not received any update on my account. I had received it last yr after AOR-12th Apr 2018. I had submitted in April 2018. After that there was no change in account status.

I tried calling IRCC and it's so strange that I am getting the message that application doesnot exist- automated response when I provided application number. I don't know what to do now.
@legalfalcon - Pls advise

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
My MP informed that I received request for fingerprints in April 2019. However, I have not received any update on my account. I had received it last yr after AOR-12th Apr 2018. I had submitted in April 2018. After that there was no change in account status.

I tried calling IRCC and it's so strange that I am getting the message that application doesnot exist- automated response when I provided application number. I don't know what to do now.
Everyone is having a similar issue while calling through the procedure where you enter application details.
Use this:
1-1-1 to get to IRCC. 2-1-1-0 to get to a representative through the "family sponsorship" menu options (same reps who will never ask you anything about family sponsorship). You don't need to enter an application number at all. It's the fastest way.

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
We got our PPR email last Tuesday finally! We sent our passports the same day. My husband has 6 months and 4 days on his passport which the lawyers said should be ok. Now we're waiting for the passports to come back!
Huge congrats!!! Sure you're happy that the long wait is over!

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018

There seemed to be some technical issues - saw quite a few complaints about this on social media yesterday.

Reactions: sambid

BonjourCA

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hi,

Got a proifile update this morning my medical exam went from passed to you don't need a medical exams.

Aor 11 April 2018 VO Sydney NS

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
EE inland, April 8 AOR, no ghost updates whatssoever, IP2 status.
After checking GSMC notes, my lawyer said:
appropriate letters of employment are lacking / what you provided did not meet what they are looking for / The Canadian experience letter did not meet their specifications, consequently, they will not recognize your Canadian experience.
Another officer may be reviewing the application and that would be the reason for the delay, prior to issuing the final decision.
It is still possible the officer approves the application because they have to use their judgement as well as the guidelines. Having said that, officers are usually quite strict.​
So now my question is to wait for the final decision or proactively prepare as much explanation paperwork as possible and submit now?

Reactions: djangoboy

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi,

Got a proifile update this morning my medical exam went from passed to you don't need a medical exams.

Aor 11 April 2018 VO Sydney NS
I had the same experience this morning. Although, the UI looks different when you go into your EE application. Do you see the same as well?