+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Enorm19

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
That seems positive. Hope you hear something soon!
I see you got an email about your file moving to Pretoria VO - was this email in response to a CSE you raised? Do you know if you had review required for anything?
Yeah, I raised a CSE about my application status and they responded that I should contact the VO in Pretoria as my file is there...I had RR because I (stupidly) did not check to see whether the starting date of employment was on my employment letter...luckily I picked it up on my GCMS notes and sent the revised letter (in November 2018) without them asking for one

Reactions: Kitcat247

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
Yeah, I raised a CSE about my application status and they responded that I should contact the VO in Pretoria as my file is there...I had RR because I (stupidly) did not check to see whether the starting date of employment was on my employment letter...luckily I picked it up on my GCMS notes and sent the revised letter (in November 2018) without them asking for one
Ok cool - I really hope you hear something soon - please share the good news when you do. From what I understand, the file moving to the Pretoria office after such a long wait is a positive sign. REally hope we all have good news soon. We're now at 414 days today - it's so depressing...

Enorm19

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Ok cool - I really hope you hear something soon - please share the good news when you do. From what I understand, the file moving to the Pretoria office after such a long wait is a positive sign. REally hope we all have good news soon. We're now at 414 days today - it's so depressing...
I will most certainly convey the good news (whenever it may arrive :))

Yes, I have asked around as well regarding the file moving to the local VO and have also heard that it should be good news...just a matter of when I suppose..I'm on day nr 290...good luck on your side too

katikaidi

Dec 18, 2017
china
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Hi Guys , so finally we got our PPR after a long and stressful journey. The below is our timeline for your reference :

FSWO family of 3
CRS 451

24-04-2018 AOR
02-05 MEPI/IP1
28-06 IP2 got to know that file moved to Sydney NS and the looong waiting begins... no movement in my application
19-07. GCSM1 got to know RR for POF , sent updated pof proactively
06-11-2018 paid RPRF and sent receipt via cse ( paid without adr )
09-02-2019. GCMS 2 still shows eligibility under review
14-02. Raised web form attached LOE
16-03 ordered GCMS3 still didn’t receive
22-03. File moved to HKVO
25-03 ADR schedule A for spouse
03-04 Submitted adr
02-05 Re medical request
11-05 re med passed
22-05 PPR

Hang in there guys, yours will come when you least expect it. Wish the remaining of you still waiting a speedy PPR.

Meghak

Sep 8, 2017
We just found out after 3 weeks of asking (via our lawyers) that our application is not in fact on hold. Acc to the GCMS notes we got in April it said status was suspended. But they're saying its being processed. We're still 13 months in since our AOR was 25th April 2018. We haven't gotten medical re-request. Acc to GCMS - Assessments completed - Eligibility, Criminality, Medical & all documents have been received. Pending - Security, HIRV, Org Crime, Misrepresentation, and Other Reqs.

The wait continues.

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
very trivial question but I am new to it. is AOR the message when you submit your application online after ITA? or it is it some different you receive from them?
AOR is acknowledgement of receipt. So its the acknowledgement letter that u get in ur cic account after u submit ur application

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada/2019/5/23/1_4435272.html
...To help with this, 17 new overseas visa-application centres have been opened and there are plans for further expansions this year.
Updated technology is also allowing visa offices to move applications around digitally to be processed at visa offices that aren't as busy....

I hope it will help all of us, but I wasn't even aware there were 17 new VOs opened this year...

Last edited:

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
We just found out after 3 weeks of asking (via our lawyers) that our application is not in fact on hold. Acc to the GCMS notes we got in April it said status was suspended. But they're saying its being processed. We're still 13 months in since our AOR was 25th April 2018. We haven't gotten medical re-request. Acc to GCMS - Assessments completed - Eligibility, Criminality, Medical & all documents have been received. Pending - Security, HIRV, Org Crime, Misrepresentation, and Other Reqs.

The wait continues.
How frustrating - do you know your VO?

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Yes it has been!
Is VO the primary office? Our GCMS notes say Montreal.
Where are you at with your application?
You have the same AOR date with me.. same VO Montreal and most probably you are under security check ... same to me too

BonjourCA

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hi,

Yesterday I got a reply from my MP: CIC told her eligibility review required, security not started, criminality passed (I know that already....). She told me that my medical exam was still valid... weird, because it is dated 10th March 2018 and I have never received any extension/ CIC profile updates nor have been asked to renew it...

Also she told me that she asked CIO Sydney to provide a reason about why my file has not been opened for more than a year. CIC told her that they will reply to her by June 10th, as they need to ask the officer....
So at the end, she told me to expect a call from her on June 10th or June 11th.