+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
My file has been approved on Jan 18 and still waiting on landing interview date. The officer over the phone told me that there is a 3 month wait time. I just hope that is not the case.
WHATTT no way man. What is your VO? Because I am hearing Vancouver and Winnipeg VO takes forever to send landing emails.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Wish there was a way to change in office landing interview to do landing interview at the airport. I’m in and out of Canada very often but still have to wait.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
This sucks big time... We would have to wait indefinitely then :(
It does as they took 1 year to approve our application and now another wait. I’m AOR Jan 25 and DM on Jan 18. But we just have to wait. However, I’m kind of okay with the wait if it’s actually 3 months or less because they told us not to submit my dependents passport until I become permanent resident. So this is delaying my dependents COPR which I’m fine with since I want them to land after Jun 1 due to my daughter in school. And since I don’t know how long they extend our medical for I’m okay with pushing this date a bit.

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
My file has been approved on Jan 18 and still waiting on landing interview date. The officer over the phone told me that there is a 3 month wait time. I just hope that is not the case.
Hey when do your medicals expire??
The officer on the phone told me they cant go past your medicals ...

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hey when do your medicals expire??
The officer on the phone told me they cant go past your medicals ...
It expired Jan 31, 2019. They extended it but is not sure for how long as I never asked and I am waiting on landing interview since Jan 18, 2019. Also my processing office indicated on my dependents PPR for them to send in their passport only after I become a permanent resident. As such, I know they extended our medicals but unsure for how long.

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
It expired Jan 31, 2019. They extended it but is not sure for how long as I never asked and I am waiting on landing interview since Jan 18, 2019. Also my processing office indicated on my dependents PPR for them to send in their passport only after I become a permanent resident. As such, I know they extended our medicals but unsure for how long.
My processing office never indicated us to wait till primary applicant is PR. They sent the letter to my spouse to submit passports and also mentioned they should receive it within 30 days of this letter. We waited a week and then submitted his passport.
I called the officer and she said thats no problem but he only cannot land before you have done the interview. And our medicals expire april 15th so she said I can see on your file that is the deadline they have put for you both.

Now my husbands passport is gone for stamping but still not back. I hope there is no issue with that as no indication was made to us to wait until my landing. This is all so frustrating as there is no uniformity in their procedure and responses. They send different instructions to everyone. That drives me crazy. They are so unorganized.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
My processing office never indicated us to wait till primary applicant is PR. They sent the letter to my spouse to submit passports and also mentioned they should receive it within 30 days of this letter. We waited a week and then submitted his passport.
I called the officer and she said thats no problem but he only cannot land before you have done the interview. And our medicals expire april 15th so she said I can see on your file that is the deadline they have put for you both.

Now my husbands passport is gone for stamping but still not back. I hope there is no issue with that as no indication was made to us to wait until my landing. This is all so frustrating as there is no uniformity in their procedure and responses. They send different instructions to everyone. That drives me crazy. They are so unorganized.
That's right in that there is no consistency. Here are the first few lines on the communication I received from my processing office (Etobicoke) and VO of Vancouver:

Note from the processing office

As the principal applicant, you will be contacted directly by your local IRCC office and scheduled for a landing interview. The below instructions are for your overseas dependant(s) only. All instructions and due dates are to be followed by your dependent(s) only once you (the principal applicant) have become a permanent resident in Canada.

Dear XXXX,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION......

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
That's right in that there is no consistency. Here are the first few lines on the communication I received from my processing office (Etobicoke) and VO of Vancouver:

Note from the processing office

As the principal applicant, you will be contacted directly by your local IRCC office and scheduled for a landing interview. The below instructions are for your overseas dependant(s) only. All instructions and due dates are to be followed by your dependent(s) only once you (the principal applicant) have become a permanent resident in Canada.

Dear XXXX,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION......
That inital note was not present on our ppr letter. It directly starts with dear XX ..

So its really weird there is no consistency and my husband has sent the passport and we are now hoping it comes back soon because he has resigned and his work visa from dubai has to be cancelled by his company. We are so clueless what will happen now.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
That inital note was not present on our ppr letter. It directly starts with dear XX ..

So its really weird there is no consistency and my husband has sent the passport and we are now hoping it comes back soon because he has resigned and his work visa from dubai has to be cancelled by his company. We are so clueless what will happen now.
I haven't heard of anyone in this forum having the same note as I have. As such, there is no consistency. I believe that your husband will be okay and will receive his passport back soon.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
ooga booga ooga dooga mooga

means congratulations in somali.
Stop lying. It doesn't mean at all. Not even one word of Somali there.

That's very disrespectful.

Ashwin Thomas

Oct 11, 2018
Hi guys..Juste received mail for doing remedicals as it has expired:(..is this a good sign? or just standard procedure when your medical is expired?
Am Aor April 21.

D

Deleted member 810875

Hi guys..Juste received mail for doing remedicals as it has expired:(..is this a good sign? or just standard procedure when your medical is expired?
Am Aor April 21.
I think it is a good sign. It means someone is working on your file & they are not likely to ask for medicals if they were going to reject your application.